Game Day: Suns (1-1) @ Blazers (1-1), Sat 10/31/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Game Day: Suns (1-1) @ Blazers (1-1), Sat 10/31/15

Post by Nodack »

By the way. We just had an earthquake a couple of hours ago in AZ. . It was whimpy by California standards but, we don't get them much in these parts. Kind of exciting.

pickle

Post by pickle »

where? when? i hope there's been no damage?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Leuer is nothing like Bo or Lou. His game is not exculsively garbage or energy. Or defense, for that matter. He can do a little of everything, even shooting from outside, which is probably the opposite from Outlaw and Amundson's skillset.

I think Garrity comes closer but he was more a SF and his shot was quicker.

How about a poor mans' Christian Laettner? Or maybe an Austin Crosshere.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

His bounce and dribble drive game are what sets him apart. He's pretty fluid and light on his feet. Not a great comparison because he's younger, but if you've seen Perry Jones III, their games are similar. Or maybe a Keith Van Horn.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

pickle wrote:where? when? i hope there's been no damage?
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... /75026000/

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I'll kind of merge my thoughts from the 2 Portland games:

Leuer looks pretty good and under control. Kind of the anti-Morris right now. He does everything pretty well but doesn't try to do more than what he's capable of. I like his rebounding and his bball IQ a long with his shooting. His interior defense is a bit weak IMO.

Markieff Morris looks like he hasn't touched a basketball since last season. He's shown a good move here and there but the rest of his game is hot steamy garbage.

I wanted to like Sonny Weems. I really did. I just don't see what he does well so far. I'd rather see Booker get his mins. Plus i didnt realize he was already 29. Thought Weems was like 26 max.

This team could be a really good defensive team if they wanted to be. I just don't see it happening. I don't think we have a coaching staff that has the skillset to teach an elite defensive scheme.

We have way too many turnovers. Dallas and Portland are poor defensive teams and no reason that we have such high TO numbers.

Which brings me to the next point of neither Knight or Bledsoe are distributors. They never will be. Bledsoe will thrive in a 2 guard spot in the right system some day where they have a true PG. Bledsoe is like Lance Stephenson with a higher bball IQ.

Teletovic, let's let him get back into top shape before we put him back out there. He's a hot mess right now.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."