Game Day: Suns (2-1) @ Clippers (3-0), Mon 11/2/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Game Day: Suns (2-1) @ Clippers (3-0), Mon 11/2/15

Post by The Bobster »

Knight & Bledsoe a combined 10/37 (27%) tonight.

How is this game this close anyway?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

Warren shot fairly awfully as well.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Well, they did play hard on defense. Kudos for that.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

azsportsfan wrote:Warren shot fairly awfully as well.
5/11 (45%) you can live with that.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

The Bobster wrote:
azsportsfan wrote:Warren shot fairly awfully as well.
5/11 (45%) you can live with that.
That can't be right, can it? I swear at least twice he shot and missed, grabbed the rebound, and missed again. And he missed quite a bit otherwise. Oh well, not great shooting by anyone. Great hustle though! Just not enough shooting.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm just glad the guys hung in there. Mostly due to defense. They held Griffin significantly below his season average. Other than the season opening turd, I'm happy with the Suns start to the season.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I know I don't really let it be known how I truly feel but I've got to say. Fuck Markieff Morris. I hate the Morris twins. I hope he gets a chlamydia infection that derails his career and the Suns are able to void his contract somehow due to an STD clause of some sort. Plus Markieff would have to live out the rest of his days with milky urine and discomfort.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

AmareIsGod wrote:I know I don't really let it be known how I truly feel but I've got to say. Fuck Markieff Morris. I hate the Morris twins. I hope he gets a chlamydia infection that derails his career and the Suns are able to void his contract somehow due to an STD clause of some sort. Plus Markieff would have to live out the rest of his days with milky urine and discomfort.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Sorry JC. I didn't mean that in a bad way. More just along the lines of a win/win. Suns get to terminate their contract with Morris. Morris gets to travel the country with his brother is his entourage and be happy, even if he has debilitating chlamydia.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

As rough as our offense has looked, I'm enjoying having a team that actually rebounds. When was the last time we could say that?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Tucker and Weems - 137 minutes combined, 19 points.

Archie - 19 minutes, 13 points.

Our offense has been abymsal at times and this guy can't see the court. I don't get it.

I've defended Hornacek, but his insistence on sticking with non-producing veterans is maddening. In the 2nd quarter when our offense was struggling badly, he closed with a Knight-Price/Weems-Tucker-Morris (brutally cold at the time)-Chandler lineup for the last 5 1/2 minutes. Predictably, we scored 7 points in that time.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not upset about this loss. The Clips have been playing great, especially Blake, and I had no expectation of beating them. If anything, being within 1-2 possessions of winning this game was exciting and fun to watch.

I really hate watching Markieff Morris. He doesn't give a shit out there; he's just chucking up shots, trying to get his numbers, counting the days until a trade. Anybody who can't see it isn't watching the games carefully. He had decent points and rebounds numbers by the end of the game but his shot selection was horrid and he hurt us more than he helped us.

Bledsoe similarly had good scoring numbers but chucked a lot of questionable shots. I hate how he always tries to prove to the Clips and CP3 that he's good or deserved a big contract or whatever. He just doesn't look for his teammates enough. I really want to get on to the next era of Suns basketball where we have a real PG.

Brandon Knight couldn't hit anything tonight; ugh.

Weems does not deserve to be a rotation player for us. Play Booker or Warren 100% of his minutes.

Tyson Chandler had an amazing game. I like his presence a lot. I also like that the guys are at least trying to find him on the roll and feed him for alley-oops. Still needs work but I'm glad they at least try to get him the ball. 17 huge rebounds, smart and savvy play. Good job by TC. Quickly becoming one of my favorite guys on the team.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh, and, FUCK the Clippers. Fuck Blake. Fuck CP3 and his flopping and ref-baiting and whining. Fuck Lance. Fuck Paul Pierce. Fuck DeIdiot. Fuck little boy Rivers, and his dad. Fuck Red-Dick. Fuck Jamal chucker-but-makes-every-shot-against-us Crawford. Fuck Josh Smith. Their whole team is like the most punchable team in NBA history.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Tough loss. WE played like shit on offense but still made it a game. I'm guessing the FO is telling
Hornacek to play Kieff more mins than he'd prefer to try and get some trade value. At least I hope that's what's going on. I hope Horny isn't that ignorant. Kieff is just murdering us out there with his zero f*cks given attitude.

No Len in the 2nd half? Teletovic sucks. He looks like Luke Zeller out there. Just way overmatched at everything he does.

No Arcie or Booker when the team is struggling to score. Yeesh.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

1 thing I'd like to point out is I thought Eric did a nice job on CP3 Defensively when he was in there. Kudos for that. Him and Knight were just really really off. I didn't see a lot of forced shots though just a lot of misses on makable shots. Knights blown layup in the 4th kinda summed it up for him.

I thought Warren had a great game. I was surprised he only had 11. Seemed like he was all over the place. Chandler ofcourse had a real nice game. Leur has active as well. I'm diging our 2nd unit Price,Warren and Leur have been pretty consistent all year. That unit needs more shooting though and I think that's where Booker comes in...
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Pretty good take. Bledsoe's D was admirable. I wish Horny would make the adjustments now rather than wait until December. We have a knack for trying certain line ups that don't work for too long and the W/L record suffers.

Couple more shooting nights like last night and they have to rename the team the Phoenix Slumps. We are Brick City to the Clips' Lob City. Tucker and Morris aye yi yi.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I haven't liked anything I have seen from Weems as a Sun. I really want to see him out of the rotation.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Im not nearly as rosy as you all at this loss.

The Suns take TERRIBLE shots. Just terrible. They had a chance to win but in the final two minutes Bledsoe and Markieff took turns taking terrible shots.

We shot 36% from the floor. Thats awful. The only reason they werent blown out is because the Clippers missed a plethera of wide open three pointers by the likes of JJ Reddick etc.

This offense is awful and it falls on the coach. Why do the players take so many many long jumpers? Why do they look like theyve never played with each other before?

Indy

Post by Indy »

This post brought to you by "Indy's stream of consciousness"

(+) Price and Bledsoe are a very effective defensive back court.

(+) Considering how awful our starters shot last night, we were in the game and made some really big runs, coupled with some really good defense (thank god for KFC's rebounding), which is encouraging.

(+/-) Too bad we are trying to showcase Keef, because Leuer looks like he would fit well with our team. He is actually in the top 15 for rebounding % (along with KFC @ #8). Leuer is also the only guy on our team in the top 20 in Offensive Rating (per basketball-ref.com), and our top +/- guy (with Bleds, Knight, and Chandler close behind). He is also 50th in the NBA in PER.

(-) Keef is going to get hot at times, and he showed that for about a quarter and a half last night. A quarter and a half. Let's hope he does that a few more times from about Q3.5 to the end of the game, so we can ship him out and not get raped.

(-) I am bummed Booker is hurt.

(-) I have to agree that Archie needs to play over Weems at this point.

(-) I get the feeling we are going to have a lot of games where Knight or Bledsoe really struggle on offense, and a few games where they are both off or both on. It isn't a great outlook on most nights.

(-) Keef, Bledsoe and Knight have all missed at least 38 shots so far this year.

(-) Keef is #20 in the entire league for usage percentage. Ugh.

(-) PJ Tucker. Damn. He needs to sit. I am not sure what he does for us. Out of 307 ranked players in the NBA, he is 263rd in PER. His value added (per ESPN) is -4.8. That is bad. For comparison, the top guy is Curry with +74.9.

(-) There are only 55 guys in the league with a VA lower than -3.0--We have 4 on our team with Weems, Teletubby, Tucker, and Morris. That is crazy, especially when you consider how much these guys play.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Why do the players take so many many long jumpers?
I am not defending our offense, but have you watched the NBA in the last 5 years? It is nearly all long jumpers or dunks. I am sure there is a stat for this somewhere, but a huge number of shots are long (+15') jumpers.