Game Day: Suns (2-1) @ Clippers (3-0), Mon 11/2/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Game Day: Suns (2-1) @ Clippers (3-0), Mon 11/2/15

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I haven't liked anything I have seen from Weems as a Sun. I really want to see him out of the rotation.
If I had to pick 1, I am picking PJ because that would mean getting TJ more playing time, but yes, we need to sit Weems. Hopefully, once Booker is healed this won't be a problem.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wait, Booker is hurt?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yes, Tucker absolutely needs to be benched. He looks like he just played NBA2K and ate churros all offseason. I think his prime might be behind him and his days as an all-energy, 3-and-D SF may be done because he can't hit the 3s and isn't in good enough shape to play the elite D. Start Warren and bring PJ off the bench as a calming influence on the second unit.

Starters: Bledsoe - Knight - Warren - Morris - Chandler
Bench: Price - Booker - Tucker - Leuer - Len
Scrap minutes: Goodwin, Teletubby, Weems, etc.

The above works for me except that I want to ship out Morris and don't really believe in the Bledsoe + Knight starting backcourt. In the meantime I'd just like to see Morris reined in, maybe given fewer ISOs and fewer minutes.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:(-) I am bummed Booker is hurt.
???
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Like Mike Smith, the Clippers' color announcer was saying, this team is going to struggle if it's getting the majority of its offense from their guards. We need more inside scoring. Especially from the PF position. We're not going to go far with our offense primarily from the outside.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
???
Sprained ankle. I posted it in the news thread. Happened during solo workout on his day off last Sunday.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
???
Sprained ankle. I posted it in the news thread. Happened during solo workout on his day off last Sunday.
Ah, hadn't gotten there yet.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunday as in two days ago? That would only explain his Clippers DNP CD and means he was available for both Portland games.

"Be Legendary."

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

Superbone wrote:Sunday as in two days ago? That would only explain his Clippers DNP CD and means he was available for both Portland games.
He played a couple of minutes in the Portland game on Friday. He missed the only shot he took, about a 12 footer from the left baseline, if I recall correctly.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bone: Can't go being crazy and playing the rook! Got to give our man WEEMS those big minutes!

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Mori Chu wrote:Yes, Tucker absolutely needs to be benched. He looks like he just played NBA2K and ate churros all offseason. I think his prime might be behind him and his days as an all-energy, 3-and-D SF may be done because he can't hit the 3s and isn't in good enough shape to play the elite D. Start Warren and bring PJ off the bench as a calming influence on the second unit.

Starters: Bledsoe - Knight - Warren - Morris - Chandler
Bench: Price - Booker - Tucker - Leuer - Len
Scrap minutes: Goodwin, Teletubby, Weems, etc.

The above works for me except that I want to ship out Morris and don't really believe in the Bledsoe + Knight starting backcourt. In the meantime I'd just like to see Morris reined in, maybe given fewer ISOs and fewer minutes.
He does look heavier, doesnt he?

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

The Clippers might have had an off-night, but they didnt look anything like a championship-caliber team to me. Doc Rivers is a childish clown and he doesnt have the skills to manage all those players.

Indy

Post by Indy »

da_suns_fan wrote:The Clippers might have had an off-night, but they didnt look anything like a championship-caliber team to me. Doc Rivers is a childish clown and he doesnt have the skills to manage all those players.
I would doubt very few people could manage all of those personalities. And I am not a fan of Doc's, but he did do a good job managing a bunch of crazies in Boston.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Bone: Can't go being crazy and playing the rook! Got to give our man WEEMS those big minutes!
What do you all think is the impetus for this behavior? (Not asking in my typical snarky, sarcastic way)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Coaches like veterans. Shrug.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Coaches like veterans. Shrug.
OK, but do you think that the coaching staff is blind? Weems is literally one of the most negative-impact players in the league (albeit in 4 games). I have a hard time believing I know more than our coaching staff when it comes to who should play to help us win. Well, unless that coach's name is Terry Porter. I am not sure Jeff and staff belong in that category, but maybe I am wrong.

Hopefully once Booker's ankle is better, he will be back to getting 22 minutes/game like in game one, instead of 2 mpg/DNP the next two games.

TOO

Post by TOO »

One can only hope.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Weems strikes me as another Childress type signing - plucked from overseas and amounting to very little.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They held their own against the Clippers better than most would have expected, myself included.

I don't have an opinion of Weems yet. Too early to make that call.