Prediction game?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Prediction game?

Post by Cap »

In the past, we have tried prediction games, and they haven't gone very well. I think the fundamental problem with them is that it just isn't very fun to be objective about our own team's chances.

So maybe we'd have better luck with a prediction game not involving the Suns. We could pick one or two nationally televised games each week, not involving the Suns. What do you think?

TOO

Re: Prediction game?

Post by TOO »

Can I just pick the Warriors to win every game?

Cap

Post by Cap »

No, you can only pick the Warriors to win games in which they are one of the two teams scheduled to play.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I miss that game, cap. I think it seemed to go down hill after we lost the site where we tracked it all. I forget the poster that set it all up for us--I am so bad with names--but I thought it worked well and kept us interested. If we could find a way to do that, I would be all up for it.

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:No, you can only pick the Warriors to win games in which they are one of the two teams scheduled to play.
Lol.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:No, you can only pick the Warriors to win games in which they are one of the two teams scheduled to play.
I think you should still allow them to. It would improve my odds.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Don't underestimate them. Steph can hit a 3 from anywhere, even from a different game.

"Harden dribbles the ball up court. Westbrook and OKC meet him on defense. What's that? A 3 pointer by Stephen Curry, all the way from Oakland! How did he get that into the Oklahoma City basket? Well, he's shooting it with confidence, Jim, ..."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Mori Chu wrote:
Don't underestimate them. Steph can hit a 3 from anywhere, even from a different game.

"Harden dribbles the ball up court. Westbrook and OKC meet him on defense. What's that? A 3 pointer by Stephen Curry, all the way from Oakland! How did he get that into the Oklahoma City basket? Well, he's shooting it with confidence, Jim, ..."
sounds like that mcdonalds commercial with MJ and bird.

Cap

Post by Cap »

[video][/video]

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bah, I'm out.

Cap

Post by Cap »

So, shall we play a game? If so, which kind: predict Suns games, predict selected non-Suns games, or something else?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:So, shall we play a game? If so, which kind: predict Suns games, predict selected non-Suns games, or something else?
I think Suns games and selected non-Suns games would be fun. Good one tonight between the Rockets and Clippers.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Rather than picking outright game winners, I like picking over/under against the Vegas lines. Like if the Clips play the Rockets and are favored by 5.5 points, you're picking the over/under on that rather than whether the Clips or Rockets will win.

Maybe we could pick one game per day and guess on each side of the line and keep score. A key aspect of this to be successful for me would be if a given person can pop in and out and not participate every single day but still get to participate in it when they can. Some days I have to grade midterms. :-)

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

how about things like first coach to get canned?