Game Day: Pistons (3-1) @ Suns (3-2), Fri 11/6/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Game Day: Pistons (3-1) @ Suns (3-2), Fri 11/6/15

Post by Cap »

Ah, yes, Sonny Weems, of eight turnovers and seven points in 59 minutes so far. Good bet he will either improve or be removed from the rotation.

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:I've been pushing to fire Horny since the middle of last year. This place is excellent at creating excuses for him. Last year it was that he was playing the "win-now" product while we are still in contention, saying he'd play the "young guys who don't give us a chance to win" after we were eliminated. This year that same bullshit were putting on the court is now for the purpose of showcasing them for a trade. I don't buy it. Horny just sucks. He doesn't know what talent he has on the bench. He doesn't have any control over this team. He makes no adjustments whatsoever. He's horrible.
You could be right. I don't have any evidence to suggest he's better than mediocre in a league where having an above average head coach is worth its weight in gold and having a poor one could sink you.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not sure about Archie but Booker should definitely be getting time. He's probably the best shooter on the team. I could understand if we were winning every game but we're not. Give the kids some time.
"Be Legendary."

Robot

Post by Robot »

I think one of the major issues with Hornacek is - he can't take any responsibility himself for the teams issues.

Someone posted someplace [ I can't find it right now but I'll search ] a quote from JH where he says the team was unfocused and forgot 'plays they have run for two years' . Again - he took the blame away from himself and put it on the team

This guy just cannot relate to the way these players think [ or likely any players in current NBA ] . He seems to lack the ability to build camaraderie and construct and environment where players gain confidence in themselves and the system. This is a MAJOR issue coupled with the fact that he has no vision, no offense strategy, no ability to make adjustments, and no defensive strategy.

I don't buy that this is somehow do to a 'win now' mentality at all. Thats stupid -- even with the team he plays, even if he plays vets, he keeps players in while they SUCK SUCK SUCK . It's not like we are keeping LeBron in to figure it out - we are giving SONNY WEEMS BURN . We are letting PJ TUCKER sort it out. These guys are not helping

I hate to keep dissing this guy but he needs to go . We are the WORST kind of mediocre right now. The acquisition of Weems, Teletubbie etc this year reminds me of the Hakim Warick era - where we lost Amare so got this collection of crappy C players to fill the gap.

It makes nothing but sense for us to start TJ - he is GOOD and needs the time . We also need to be playing LEN and BOOKER way more. Whether we win or lose . Even if we win a game agains the Kings we are still LOSING as a franchise with this stupid knock off coaching that is thoughtless.

I started a thread and I support it fully back in the day -- is JH the cause of locker room problems.

I still say YES . In his lack of taking responsibility, building a team, and finding ways to make players play their best - he IS part of the problem.

Anyone who has ever led a team or been led by a strong leader knows what I'm talking about. It is important.

Dude sucks - Peace JH enjoy being an assistant or college coach

- R

EDC

Post by EDC »

I just can't believe Len is down at 14 minutes per game. Even when he is clunky on offense he does so much for us on defense and the boards. It is one thing if it is just because Chandler is playing so well and taking up the minutes. It is a whole other story when Coach goes small. We should almost never go small.

I have no clue why Weems is getting playing time. Booker scored twice as much in his first game as Weems has the whole season. It isn't because Weems plays good defense either. He is painful to watch on D.

It really blows my mind that in the Pistons game where we struggled to hit our shots that the kid couldn't get some run. Instead he throws Weems out there who can't score at all.

After seeing the rotations this season I am very thankful they didn't extend Coach in the off season.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Robot: As much as I love your comedy / sarcastic posts, your above "serious" message is good stuff. I agree with it 100%.