Game Day: Suns (47-34) @ Kings (28-53) , Wed 4/16/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Game Day: Suns (47-34) @ Kings (28-53) , Wed 4/16/14

Post by The Bobster »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:And thats that. I no longer care what happens in the NBA til draft bight.
What about the lottery in May? You know, when the Suns will land a top 3 pick. ;)
and #14 as well!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:And thats that. I no longer care what happens in the NBA til draft bight.
What about the lottery in May? You know, when the Suns will land a top 3 pick. ;)
Ha, if only.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Archie,

FREAKING,

Goodwin! (Wow.)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:Markieff dropping dimes in that 4th quarter.

Tremendous night for Goodwin. It will be interesting to see how he makes his way into the rotation next year.

For a second I actually thought to myself: "Why are the Morris Twins still in? Do we really want to risk losing them for the..."
Great game for Archie to go into the off-season with. His confidence is high. I hope the young man works a ton on his game and his body this summer. Work on that jumper!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Goodwin had a great game, very efficient and it speaks a lot to his potential. His shot looked better tonight, but I would try to limit the catapult motion he gives just at the end of the shot. It's improved, and this isn't too hard of a thing to fix, it would just eliminate a variable to make it more consistent. I could definitely see Goodwin being part of the rotation next year.

Len didn't look very good. His two jumpshots were both in the same spot, both wide open, yet his shooting form was different for both. He needs to work on this, with the same person to mold it consistently. He has a good foundation, but it needs to be consistent. The other two shots he put up were awful. Bad decisions and bad execution on them. One was a 10 ft hook shot from the short corner, and the other was a bad turnaround against Aaron Gray that he couldn't move that then Gray partially blocks. He needs to get stronger, more consistent, quicker, more confident with his moves, and he needs a lot more playing time. Good thing the summer and the summer league is coming.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:Goodwin had a great game, very efficient and it speaks a lot to his potential. His shot looked better tonight, but I would try to limit the catapult motion he gives just at the end of the shot. It's improved, and this isn't too hard of a thing to fix, it would just eliminate a variable to make it more consistent. I could definitely see Goodwin being part of the rotation next year.

Len didn't look very good. His two jumpshots were both in the same spot, both wide open, yet his shooting form was different for both. He needs to work on this, with the same person to mold it consistently. He has a good foundation, but it needs to be consistent. The other two shots he put up were awful. Bad decisions and bad execution on them. One was a 10 ft hook shot from the short corner, and the other was a bad turnaround against Aaron Gray that he couldn't move that then Gray partially blocks. He needs to get stronger, more consistent, quicker, more confident with his moves, and he needs a lot more playing time. Good thing the summer and the summer league is coming.
One thing to keep in mind is that Len hasn't yet been to summer league or had a full training camp yet due to going though ankle surgery during last off-season - as such, with SL & camp under his belt, I expect him to improve by leaps & bounds this off-season.

carey

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote: One thing to keep in mind is that Len hasn't yet been to summer league or had a full training camp yet due to going though ankle surgery during last off-season - as such, with SL & camp under his belt, I expect him to improve by leaps & bounds this off-season.
I'd settle for him being able to leap OR bound.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Also consider that SL and a full training camp requires him to be healthy, and opens the possibility for him to reinjure or develop a new injury.

I've remained optimistic about Len since he was drafted, but we need to keep his situation in perspective. He's not exactly an iron man.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Goodwin's highlights from last night:

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:Goodwin's highlights from last night:

First off, those Kings announcers could put a meth addict to sleep.

Second, a great new feature of nba.com is that each game you can click on individual stats in the box score and see the video of the play(s). It breaks it all down for you. That's the best thing I've seen since .net was resurrected.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote: Second, a great new feature of nba.com is that each game you can click on individual stats in the box score and see the video of the play(s). It breaks it all down for you.
Are you serious?! That's incredible.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote: Second, a great new feature of nba.com is that each game you can click on individual stats in the box score and see the video of the play(s). It breaks it all down for you.
Are you serious?! That's incredible.
Absolutely. As far as I can tell, you have to go into a particular players profile and then through the game logs. Try this http://stats.nba.com/playerGameLogs.htm ... PerPage=25

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

That's really cool. Thanks for the heads-up. And nice selection of player too. ;)
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.