Markieff Morris Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Markieff Morris Watch

Post by Superbone »

Here's a place to talk about everything Kieff.

How long before he's traded? Is he really intentionally trying to lose us ballgames? Does he make it to the Dec 15th trading bonanza? Does he really want to be here? Is he a good teammate? Why was he celebrating so hard when Telenovela hit the game winning shot against the Bulls?

I've changed my opinion. Mostly today after listening to a recent Hornacek interview on AZ Sports. I think the dude is just seriously depressed about being away from his brother. I think he has a serious issue of being too tied to his twin brother. I really don't think he's intentionally sabotaging the team. I think he's really just that messed up in the head. Apparently, he's been a really good teammate. The guys like him. He's been giving Leuer pointers on the sideline on how to guard particular guys. He exploded off the bench in excitement on the winning shot in Chicago.

However, none of that changes my opinion on the fact that the guy needs to go. Soon. The sooner the better.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

Post by carey »

We shouldn't let that get out if it is true. Why would a team trade for him then? Just hope the depression goes away?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Meh. Marcus seems to be handling it fine.

Never thought Kieff was intentionally trying to sabotage games, BUT the tech against the Wiz was really really curious.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

pickle

Post by pickle »

I've always felt like Markieff is giving effort, but spaces out far too much on the court. I don't think it's intentional; he has to be on a rather spectacular level of idiocy to be deliberately sabotaging the team. However I can understand if he has trouble getting truly motivated to play his heart out on this team, given everything that had taken place. Now I'm not saying he's not partially or maybe even totally responsible for the situation, but the fact is, he is no longer a functioning professional basketball player for the Suns, given all the baggage. I do think that if/when he moves, he will be able to pick up some of that production, and given that he hasn't said all those awful things about the Suns thus far (fuck you Marcus), I still somewhat root for him to do well wherever he goes. But please, fetch us something decent in return.

Options?
  • Ryan Anderson
  • Terrence Jones
  • Donatas Motiejunas
  • Wizards?
  • Pistons?
  • Raptors?
  • Sixers? Probably not since they don't want to be getting better.
  • Boston? Is there anything interesting on that roster that you would take back, other than draft picks? Or we take some of the glut off their hands and take a pick back for our trouble?
  • Hornets? Marvin Williams has been doing well, but they could use another big given Jefferson's subpar play.
  • Blazers? They are probably content letting things play out this year and see what they have.
  • Wolves? I know I'm reaching here, but if Dieng is on the table... They can always use Pekovic as a backup to Towns.
Last edited by pickle on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I think the deal has already been made for Anderson. Ryno has been talking to reporters there with a sense that something is already done. They are just probably waiting for the dec 14 date because Weems or someone is included in the deal.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

McDonough's interview today made me think he's gone ASAP - which may be the 15th.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How long before he's traded? Is he really intentionally trying to lose us ballgames? Does he make it to the Dec 15th trading deadline? Does he really want to be here? Is he a good teammate? Why was he celebrating so hard when Telenovela hit the game winning shot against the Bulls?
I don't think he is literally throwing games. But his head isn't in the game and his passion to play well isn't there this season. I think he was grouchy all summer about the trade of his brother and didn't practice or work on his game. He's going through the motions out there.

Yeah, he cheers on the bench when somebody hits a shot. So what? That's literally the least he could do. Just because he cheers doesn't mean he is playing well or should stay here. I don't think a little hooting and towel-waving forgives his horrible attitude and play this season.

As for the tech against the Wiz, I don't think he was trying to get a tech or lose us that game. But he did a bad job trying to stall so we could sub in a player, and the refs called him out on it. It was just a bonehead move on his part and nothing nefarious.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Yeah, he cheers on the bench when somebody hits a shot. So what? That's literally the least he could do. Just because he cheers doesn't mean he is playing well or should stay here. I don't think a little hooting and towel-waving forgives his horrible attitude and play this season.
I never said any of that.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Hmm. Don't take it personally Bone. I think Mori was just voicing his displeasure with Markieff's presence rather than disagreeing with anyone's opinion. He quoted your questions just to lead into his reply, but not to attack your position.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Pickle is right. I know Bone didn't say what I said. I'm just saying that I am not swayed at all in Kieff's favor by his celebrating the other guys making shots. I am also not swayed if I hear he is just sad / depressed that Marcus is gone. I honestly don't buy that. Marcus and Kieff said so many nasty things in the media a few months ago, I doubt they were just sad.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Mori Chu wrote:As for the tech against the Wiz, I don't think he was trying to get a tech or lose us that game. But he did a bad job trying to stall so we could sub in a player, and the refs called him out on it. It was just a bonehead move on his part and nothing nefarious.

https://twitter.com/TheCauldron/status/672970595223535617

I dunno.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I didn't think he was in the wrong there. He was matching up with his guy, his guy changed sides, so he did too. Then his guy switched again, and he tried to follow. I don't think he was stalling, but I think the refs thought he was.

Cap

Post by Cap »

BTW, Blake Griffin leads the league in technical fouls with 6. Mook is tied for #2 with 5, and Keef is tied for #7 with 3. I'm pretty sure the Morris brothers lead all families with 8. ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Pickle is right. I know Bone didn't say what I said. I'm just saying that I am not swayed at all in Kieff's favor by his celebrating the other guys making shots. I am also not swayed if I hear he is just sad / depressed that Marcus is gone. I honestly don't buy that. Marcus and Kieff said so many nasty things in the media a few months ago, I doubt they were just sad.
Got it. I'm not swayed in his favor either. I just no longer believe he's intentionally tanking and intentionally screwing the Suns. But the bottom line is that he is, intentionally or not. We're better without him. If we can get something of value, all the better.

"Be Legendary."

EDC

Post by EDC »

Indy wrote:I didn't think he was in the wrong there. He was matching up with his guy, his guy changed sides, so he did too. Then his guy switched again, and he tried to follow. I don't think he was stalling, but I think the refs thought he was.
Thing is the offensive side doesn't get to choose that match up. One side has to be able to choose otherwise they could just keep switching forever. That went on for way longer than it takes someone to sub in. Not to mention I doubt the ref was just telling him to knock it off at that point. He looked to be saying a lot. Probably trying to explain the rules to Kieff but Kieff just didn't give a fuck. When a ref specifically tells you to stop doing something you can't be surprised that if you keep doing it you will get a tech. Not to mention actually physically trying to walk through them.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I've never thought Kieff was trying to sabotage the team. Simply poor play product of an unhappy situation. He has tried his moves but has been missing a lot which make it a vicious circle.

Mental disconnection? Probably. He wants out after all (I don't buy for a second that he mended fences with the FO).

Indy

Post by Indy »

In Keef's interview he said the ref told him he could choose his side. That could be a lie, or could be a misunderstanding, or maybe he did and then reversed it later. That said, I agree that walking through the ref warranted a tech, and that was stupid on his part.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I would take the swap for Anderson, but only if we pack Mirza/Leuer for a different look at the 4.

What about sending Teletovic (I like Leuer better) with Tucker for Nene and a 2nd rounder, and clear time for Warren, even some Booker? (I'm already done with TJ "deslusional magic jhonson" Tucker)

Plug Anderson as a starter, back him up with Leuer or Nene as matchups dictates, as well as using Nene to patch the backup center spot, as Chandler and Len take turns into the nursery (admitedly, Len has been solid this far)

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Shabazz wrote:McDonough's interview today made me think he's gone ASAP - which may be the 15th.
What did McDonough say in the interview?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Gladiator wrote:
Shabazz wrote:McDonough's interview today made me think he's gone ASAP - which may be the 15th.
What did McDonough say in the interview?
They asked him "are you shopping Markieff?" and I don't remember his response exactly, but to paraphrase, it was "well, we're not NOT shopping Markieff."