Eric Bledsoe: Out for the season with knee injury.

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Eric Bledsoe: Out 2 Months With Knee Injury

Post by Mori Chu »

Hopefully this lets the FO know that the season is over and use it as the spark to make roster moves towards the 2016 draft.
Yup.
The injury is essentially just a tryout for Knight. Kind of helps speed up the future really.
Yup.

The injury really is too bad, but maybe it will get us on the "right" path. Also it may finally force Horny / next-coach to play a traditional lineup. Though I fear we'll just see a bunch of Price-Knight (shudder).

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Let the Bryce Cotton era commence :lol:

He might be the first player in history to ask to go back to the D- League after what he has seen.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Gladiator wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:So, are we tanking yet?
Well if we're not tanking, we should at least be seeing how many games the younguns can win
Same result but, I'm on board.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Bledsoe's out for the season

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/681915860483612672

Cap

Post by Cap »

I'm not sure whether that's bad news or good news.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I called it when they said out until the all-star break that he would be done for the year. I really hope that means we play single PG sets now. The 2 PG thing has been a failure the entire time we have done it, although it works in stretches. That first year we had a career year from Goran, and haven't seen anything like that again. It was fools gold. Let's play good, measured basketball, but do it with our young guys. They will be more enjoyable to watch, even though we will likely lose more games. That is OK. We don't have a single leader on our team, or a single #1 on our team. Championships are almost always won with the finals MVP being a player drafted by that team. Very, very few exceptions (like LA stealing Shaq away, Lebron heading to Cleveland, and then Iggy getting finals MVP last year).

It still pains me to think what if GS didn't back out of the draft day deal for Amare.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Does Cleveland count as an exception? They did draft LeBron.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Meant Miami. Sorry.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just wish we could have won one stinking title with Nash at the helm. I wanted that memory, and it seemed like it was going to happen at some point.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Almost did had JRich boxed out Artest.

Indy

Post by Indy »

iLLmatic wrote:Almost did had JRich boxed out Artest.
Damn you. I had mostly clocked that out.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Indy wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:Almost did had JRich boxed out Artest.
Damn you. I had mostly clocked that out.
There's plenty of what-ifs scenarios to last us a lifetime with this organization haha.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indubitably.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Dear McD:

TOO

Post by TOO »

Dang.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

2007 was our year - had those motherfuckers dead to rights.

Then Horry and Stu Jackson's "It's not about fairness - it's about correctness" bullshit happened.....

pickle

Re: Eric Bledsoe: Out for the season with knee injury.

Post by pickle »

Let's focus on this season. If we run down what happened and couldas and wouldas, I am not sure I can maintain my happy outlook for much longer. It's almost the new year and I want to enter it with a positive attitude. Thanks.

In that light, I would say this is a good thing. Let's see how Knight handles the pg duties by himself, and hopefully this frees up real rotational minutes for Archie, as I am assuming that Booker will absolutely be the starting 2 guard going forward. If TJ can develop that 3 pointer as he's shown occasionally, he could put in some time at the 2 as well, and we can actually run a larger lineup with TJ/Leuer/(whomever we get for Kieff)/Len. I'll be happy to plug in either Knight or Booker into the point in that scenario as we have enough length and presumably defensive potential to protect one net negative on D.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Although you never want to see this happen to anyone, this could be a good thing it finally gets us flicking the switch to proper rebuilding. I agree the Lowe's article in terms of not being in a terrible position at the moment to go down this path. I don't see what other options there are now besides a panic move at the deadline for short term help so that we may get revenge on the 6ers next time we play them

Hope the following occur:
- more consistent minutes for TJ, Len, Booker and we can finally see what we have in Goodwin. Whats the story with him now anyway?? Weems has been playing over him lately. I just wish we would finally give him a string of several games not at the end of the season so we could try to bring something out of him.

- focus more on a traditional lineup with a proper starting SG.

- Knight puts up good numbers still. Remember Bledsoe was average career highs before he went down. So both would be maintaining their trade value at least. In many respects I think the 2 pg system is now a big factor holding back a proper rebuild and moves to support it seem very short sighting given the limited success it has had. The rebuild sure would have been helped if that Bledsoe for portzingis trade had gone down

- We trade Morris and Tucker for something of future value. Obviously we need another PF, but wish we had a past first pg and a young raw centre at the bottom of roster also. Get Chandler to earn that 'mentor' pay check

- improvements in defense and ball movement

If we are clear on going in the direction of rebuilding then I think there is a chance this may actually help us in free agency in terms of at least making better decisions also and getting the best long term value out of moves we make
Last edited by Danimal on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

and hope they tell Hornacek he will be judged on how he develops our younger core and no Jeff that does not include Ronnie Price or PJ Tucker

Indy

Post by Indy »

Danimal wrote:and hope they tell Hornacek he will be judged on how he develops our younger core and no Jeff that does not include Ronnie Price or PJ Tucker
I would be willing to bet that has never been the direction to any head coach we have had under Sarver.
Last edited by Indy on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.