Suns News: Week 10 12/28-1/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Suns News: Week 10 12/28-1/3

Post by ShelC »

I think if you replace the PGs with a PnR guy like Schroder, with Booker, Leuer/Tele, and Chandler and Goodwin, TJ, Len off the bench...you'd have a good start for MikeD. But everything is predicated on that PG. I also question the spacing at the SF spot. But MikeD had success in NY with Lin running point, Billy Walkers at the 2, Fields at the 3 and then Novak/Jared Jeffries and Chandler at the 5.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

If Mike could commit to playing young guys I'd be interested to see what happened.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Putting the younglings out on the court is one thing. But we need a coach who will do everything possible to help them become the best players they can be. Mike D doesn't have a history of doing that.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SwingMan wrote:Try being less of a smartass. I never asserted that I was some omnipotent know-it-all - I just said that Stein was talking out of his ass here. But, IMO, it was only a matter of time - if he didn't do it, someone else would've.

And carey, you've no leg to stand on when talking about being butthurt about someone calling you out, so cork it - you're not helping anyone or anything.

Now - where's some confirmation of Stein's assertion?
Swing, please let this go. Not saying it is all your fault, but please just drop this argument.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan H wrote:If Mike could commit to playing young guys I'd be interested to see what happened.
Well, we don't have very many guys that aren't young. And I would think the oldest guys (Tyson & PJ) will likely be gone by next year. Other than that, Weems and Tele are the only guys born before 89.

All that said, I am not a fan of bringing him back.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I'm not a fan of bringing D'antoni back either. He would love Booker and TJ but they would become one dimensional players just like Amare.

Mike D could probably leads us back to the playoffs pretty quickly with his offensive system but it wouldn't even come close to the old days.

That isn't even mentioning how he quit on this team and city in the middle of a winnable playoff series vs the Spurs. He checked out mid series and then so did the players. It is unforgivable.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We should keep Markieff, trade to get Marcus back and hire Robert Horry to coach that team.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:Ah, got it. Throw out criticism, and when asked for the basis of it, redirect by saying that the original post didn't have a basis.

Whatever - I'm not the one trying to instigate shit and I'm not into carrying it on.....

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

ShelC wrote:I don't think we'll get more confirmation. Stein's got legit connections and has proven to be in tune with the organization so that's probably as solid info as you'll get. But that's what it always is from these guys, hearsay and speculation. I don't think he, nor most in his position, would just make stuff up without some sort of legitimacy.
Like I said, it was only a matter of time - if it wasn't Stein, it'd be someone else.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:
SwingMan wrote:Try being less of a smartass. I never asserted that I was some omnipotent know-it-all - I just said that Stein was talking out of his ass here. But, IMO, it was only a matter of time - if he didn't do it, someone else would've.

And carey, you've no leg to stand on when talking about being butthurt about someone calling you out, so cork it - you're not helping anyone or anything.

Now - where's some confirmation of Stein's assertion?
Swing, please let this go. Not saying it is all your fault, but please just drop this argument.
Already done. ;)

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Cap wrote:Putting the younglings out on the court is one thing. But we need a coach who will do everything possible to help them become the best players they can be. Mike D doesn't have a history of doing that.
And therein lies exactly why I don't want to see D'Antoni anywhere near this team. That and the fact that neither Bledsoe or Knight can run P&R worth a tinker's damn.....

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Dan H wrote:If Mike could commit to playing young guys I'd be interested to see what happened.
Mike played the young guys in the 2003-2004 campaign after we shipped off Marbury. I'll be honest and say I'd be intrigued to see how the players would respond.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

+1
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:That isn't even mentioning how he quit on this team and city in the middle of a winnable playoff series vs the Spurs. He checked out mid series and then so did the players. It is unforgivable.
You just sent out the JustWinBaby bat signal!
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'll take $1mil to stand on the sidelines, clap my hands and tell the guys that we gotta play faster and run harder.

Remember when that was the strategy in timeouts against the Spurs in the 4th qtr? I'll take an Xs and Os guy who can adjust and make adjustments to the opposing team's adjustments.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
EDC wrote:That isn't even mentioning how he quit on this team and city in the middle of a winnable playoff series vs the Spurs. He checked out mid series and then so did the players. It is unforgivable.
He's at ASFN, why doesn't he post here? Isn't Wormwood on RealGM too?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:I'll take $1mil to stand on the sidelines, clap my hands and tell the guys that we gotta play faster and run harder.

Remember when that was the strategy in timeouts against the Spurs in the 4th qtr? I'll take an Xs and Os guy who can adjust and make adjustments to the opposing team's adjustments.
Don't forget that the ball finds the energy. Or something like that.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
He's at ASFN, why doesn't he post here? Isn't Wormwood on RealGM too?
JWB was here under a different name for a while. It was obvious it was him.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I miss wormy's takes.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

ShelC wrote:I'll take $1mil to stand on the sidelines, clap my hands and tell the guys that we gotta play faster and run harder.

That and something along the lines of "No worries, they're gonna cool off, etc etc."

The Mikey D era was very bittersweet for me.

This current era (Monster Malaise?), however...