Trade Deadline 2016

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: TRADE DEADLINE 2016

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:OMG. I would trade *anything* on our roster for Rubio, maybe even Booker. I'd prefer to keep Booker, of course, because a Rubio-Booker backcourt would be phenomenal. But wow. If Ricky is available, I think he's one of the best young PGs in the league. If we are tired of ballhogging chucker PGs, Rubio is the guy we should want. Amazed that they are making him available.
Rubio isn't that good. He would be interesting next to Booker but honestly Eric Bledsoe probabaly has a lot more value around the league then Rubio. Dude has 2 very bad flaws a PG can't have...1 can't shoot 2 can't stay infront of anyone.
Ehhh, the difference in defense between Bledsoe and Rubio isnt very much.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Weird tho that they're saying Rubio doesn't fit with their timeline. He's still only 25, which if that's the case, Knight wouldn't make sense either. Unless it's just smokescreening and they simply want to move him. If they want to stay young and turn it over to Lavine, can't imagine we have anything they want. Rubio and Booker wouldn't be bad tho, and Rubio could play pick and roll with Chandler and Len. If that were to be the case we might as well bring back MikeD or Hornacek.

I wonder if Tobias Harris' name came up in the Orlando talks. Wouldn't be surprised if we asked about Gordon and they pushed Harris.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Orlando needs to move Harris and let Gordon and Hezonja grow with Payton/Dipo.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Ever since Harris signed that deal I thought they would deal him. I love the pieces they have in Orlando and Harris could potentially bring back some assets while freeing up time for Gordo and Mario.

What would you guys think about Tobias? I'm on record as being meh about him, but I know he's highly regarded for some.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:OMG. I would trade *anything* on our roster for Rubio, maybe even Booker. I'd prefer to keep Booker, of course, because a Rubio-Booker backcourt would be phenomenal. But wow. If Ricky is available, I think he's one of the best young PGs in the league. If we are tired of ballhogging chucker PGs, Rubio is the guy we should want. Amazed that they are making him available.
Rubio isn't that good. He would be interesting next to Booker but honestly Eric Bledsoe probabaly has a lot more value around the league then Rubio. Dude has 2 very bad flaws a PG can't have...1 can't shoot 2 can't stay infront of anyone.
I disagree. Bledsoe is a much better defender when he wants to be. There are things Rubio does better then Bledsoe, but play defense is not 1 of them. Would not be surprised if Rubio made his way to New York
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/699249135980044288

Whoa, if true.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Rumor being floated around involving Hawks-Heat-Rockets 3 way trade involving Howard/Hortford and....Dragic!

Doubt it happens but would be pretty funny if Dragic got traded back to Houston less then a year after he basically handpicked Miami.
It would be even funnier if we got him back after that.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

After Bledsoe and Knight, I'd love having Rubio running the point for us. Please make it happen.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:After Bledsoe and Knight, I'd love having Rubio running the point for us. Please make it happen.
For real? Could you go from watching the all-time best shooting PG in Nash (wake me when Curry has at least a couple 50-40-90 seasons before we give him the new crown) to watching Ricky Rubio? I'd rather Eric honestly. Move Knight for prospects & concede that the trade sucked. I think Bled/Booker is going to be a sick back court.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Maybe, if Bledsoe can stay healthy. And no thanks to Rubio, enough of the PG's who can't shoot and make over 13M a year.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

iLLmatic wrote:Maybe, if Bledsoe can stay healthy. And no thanks to Rubio, enough of the PG's who can't shoot and make over 13M a year.
yea we already had Rubio, his name was Kendall Marshall.
~~~~~

carey

Post by carey »

DrSublime wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:Maybe, if Bledsoe can stay healthy. And no thanks to Rubio, enough of the PG's who can't shoot and make over 13M a year.
We already had Rubio, his name was Kendall Marshall.
Oof. Rubio is much better than Marshall. Probably not $10M a year better, but still...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I have no words . . .

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

DrSublime wrote:
yea we already had Rubio, his name was Kendall Marshall.

We went from vastly overrating Rubio to Vastly underrating him in less then a page! haha.

He's a lot better than Kendall Marshall. But yes, I don't think he's worth 13per. Interesting Minny is trying to move him to start Lavine at the point. I would keep Lavine at the 2...he's not a point IMO.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:
I disagree. Bledsoe is a much better defender when he wants to be. There are things Rubio does better then Bledsoe, but play defense is not 1 of them. Would not be surprised if Rubio made his way to New York
Real plus minus ranks rubio as the best defensive point guard in the NBA.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:
Real plus minus ranks rubio as the best defensive point guard in the NBA.
Shhh.. He's a human pylon. :ugeek:

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

My "Real Eyes" say otherwise.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, okay. A lot of Rubio hate in this thread, and a lot of shock at how much I like the guy.

Yes, he's a poor shooter. And that can be a problem in today's NBA. But. What I really want from my PG more than anything else is for him to be an excellent facilitator, a guy who sets up his teammates and is great at getting assists. Rubio is one of the very best in the world at that.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4011/ricky-rubio

Also, this notion that he is some kind of turnstyle on defense is just completely wrong. He is actually an above-average point guard defensively. He gets 2.2 steals a game and has gotten a lot better at both individual and team defense.

I know the shooting percentage is absolutely horrid. But I would MUCH rather have that kind of point guard running our offense than the current complete shit we have now. I am so tired of me-first chuckers and never ever want one running our offense ever again. I also think that Rubio has some potential to get better at his FG% by learning what shots he should take, mostly taking layups and short jumpers, etc. He's only 25.

P.S. Rubio would do great in an uptempo, SSOL-type offense.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

A Rubio/Booker backcourt would be a lot more fun than what we're seeing now, I'll give you that.

Brian Windhorst was just on sportscenter and contributed very little to any rumors. I did find out that his nickname now is "Windy". I like it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Wow, okay. A lot of Rubio hate in this thread, and a lot of shock at how much I like the guy.

Yes, he's a poor shooter. And that can be a problem in today's NBA. But. What I really want from my PG more than anything else is for him to be an excellent facilitator, a guy who sets up his teammates and is great at getting assists. Rubio is one of the very best in the world at that.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4011/ricky-rubio

Also, this notion that he is some kind of turnstyle on defense is just completely wrong. He is actually an above-average point guard defensively. He gets 2.2 steals a game and has gotten a lot better at both individual and team defense.

I know the shooting percentage is absolutely horrid. But I would MUCH rather have that kind of point guard running our offense than the current complete shit we have now. I am so tired of me-first chuckers and never ever want one running our offense ever again. I also think that Rubio has some potential to get better at his FG% by learning what shots he should take, mostly taking layups and short jumpers, etc. He's only 25.

P.S. Rubio would do great in an uptempo, SSOL-type offense.
If he can't shoot, people just lay off him and play passing lanes. You need a PG that can at least hit open shots.