Markieff Morris to the Wizards

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
UglyTruth

Re: Markieff Morris to the Wizards

Post by UglyTruth »

One thing I will say though is that I do wish we could have got Oubre in this deal as well.

He's a talented prospect with potential that's not getting much burn in Washington and he's also a rather handsome fella.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Huh? If he helps Washington get better, then we get the pick. That pick is top 9 protected, so the better they play the more likely we get it. That is, I think you just said that Markieff will play well with a pass first point guard in Wall and improve their record, rather than suggesting that he will help them tank.

pickle

Post by pickle »

SDC wrote:is gasol really going back to the suns, homer? they (chicago) have so many big men they need to pay and so little playing time to distribute to those deserving frontcourtmen.
I'm gonna assume that by homer you mean me, and by suns, you mean the Bulls. I don't know if Pau is going to go back to Chicago for sure, but I am pretty sure he isn't coming to the Suns, which perhaps illustrates my original point a bit more accurately.

As for Chicago having lots of big men, they have two free agents this summer in Noah and Gasol, and behind that Gibson, who IMO is better suited coming off the bench, Mirotic, who this year has been a minor disaster, and Portis, who has lots of potential but is fairly green. I imagine they will want to keep at least one of Gasol or Noah. It's a bit of a toss up between the two, one a 30 yr old with no offensive game to speak of and several consecutive seasons of injuries, and one a 35 yr old who has played out of his mind for two years running but isn't the best defensive stopper out there.

carey

Post by carey »

To be clear, those are moves I think are terrible and I'm worried the Suns might do.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:To be clear, those are moves I think are terrible and I'm worried the Suns might do.
I love that you had to clarify that carey

JCSunsfan

Markieff Morris to the Wizards

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:To be clear, those are moves I think are terrible and I'm worried the Suns might do.
They have to spend money. So does everyone else in the league. Hopefully whatever they do is for short term deals.

Maybe that's why they kept Tucker. I wouldn't mind keeping Humphries. He is a decent depth guy and he won't cost much. You can't have an entire team of 19 and 20 year olds.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Well, I think my opinion is not worth much around here after most of you disagreed with my stance on Morris. Just making sure you knew I wasn't advocating for any of those signings.

I went through the list of FA's yesterday & there isn't really a player I feel fits the team right now. It will be an interesting off season.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
Well, I think my opinion is not worth much around here after most of you disagreed with my stance on Morris. Just making sure you knew I wasn't advocating for any of those signings.

I went through the list of FA's yesterday & there isn't really a player I feel fits the team right now. It will be an interesting off season.
Just because you said you liked Morris and thought we should keep him for years doesn't mean we don't value your opinion.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Indy wrote:

Just because you said you liked Morris and thought we should keep him for years doesn't mean we don't value your opinion.
Yes. Comedy is valuable.

8-)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

UglyTruth wrote:Washington's undefeated since acquiring Kieff.
But he was meh.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
But he was meh.
It's a team game, Sup

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: Just because you said you liked Morris and thought we should keep him for years doesn't mean we don't value your opinion.
Well, maybe I should word my posts better because I didn't say that either. I said we could wait till Summer to trade him and be no worse off than we are now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: Just because you said you liked Morris and thought we should keep him for years doesn't mean we don't value your opinion.
Well, maybe I should word my posts better because I didn't say that either. I said we could wait till Summer to trade him and be no worse off than we are now.
I guess you don't get my humor.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
But he was meh.
It's a team game, Sup
Indeed it is. I hear he's a great teammate though.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
But he was meh.
It's a team game, Sup
And a true leader.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
But he was meh.
It's a team game, Sup
And a true leader.
Just ask Archie.

#FOE
"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Humphries averaging 18 and 12 for us. We won that trade even without the pick! :shock:

Funny. I was on a Wizards board and there were a number there who said that they would rather have Humphries than Kieff, period- even if the pick wasn't included.

Probably a bit of an overreaction, but the Miami Suns (Amare, Green, Goran all starting) beat the Washington Suns (Dudley, Gortat, Kieff) tonight.

Pick is still looking good.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Humphries hasn't been able to stick for some reason, despite being a great per minute rebounder and decent scorer. You're not running plays for him but he's not completely useless offensively and like I said, has worked on adding a 3pt shot to his game. Something's up tho because if he were that good, he wouldn't be so disposable.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I got what you were doing, and I believe you hit the nail on the head.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JCSunsfan wrote:
They have to spend money. So does everyone else in the league.
That's an overstatement. I wouldn't let the salary floor be a motivation for any move.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.