Game Day: Suns (14-42) @ Clippers (36-19), Mon 2/22/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Game Day: Suns (14-42) @ Clippers (36-19), Mon 2/22/16

Post by LazarusLong »

They play the Nets one more time and the Lakers twice. There might be two wins there.

There is also a possibility of a visiting team playing really bad. There might be a win or two there.

If Knight comes back, that will give them a bit more offense.

I think four more wins, tops, is possible.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

Honestly, I don't see them being able to beat a single team in the league the way they are playing right now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Booker building a house of bricks lately. Enough to build the rookie wall he seems to have hit.
7/10 would read again.
2/10, 5 points. Unless I'm dyslexic.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:How many of the remaining 27 games can we reasonably expect this team to win? 4? 5? Or is that being optimistic?
I am guessing we finish 17 and 65.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Wow. Only 9 posts in a Game Day thread, and we lose by 40. A new low. Way to show up, Suns. I missed most of it since the wife and I had friends over. Looks like Goodwin and Len scored well but shot poorly. Not a lot of positives to take away from this one. Uh, Price had a pretty decent stat line?
Pressey proved his worth again, although his shooting sucked.
He had some moments, but overall didn't look like an NBA point guard. Like you said, he can't shoot and I don't know that he's good enough at the other stuff to overcome it. He was better last game.
Well, to be fair, nobody on our team looked like an NBA player last night. And, to be honest, I didn't watch the 2nd half. I just couldn't. But in the first half, I thought Pressey looked like he was easily earning his 10-day contract (which is what I mean by proving his worth).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:How many of the remaining 27 games can we reasonably expect this team to win? 4? 5? Or is that being optimistic?
I think that is extremely optimistic. I'd say 2 is the over under number.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Booker building a house of bricks lately. Enough to build the rookie wall he seems to have hit.
7/10 would read again.
2/10, 5 points. Unless I'm dyslexic.
I don't know if you are dyslexic or not ;) but 7/10 was your score, not Booker's.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Indy wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Wow. Only 9 posts in a Game Day thread, and we lose by 40. A new low. Way to show up, Suns. I missed most of it since the wife and I had friends over. Looks like Goodwin and Len scored well but shot poorly. Not a lot of positives to take away from this one. Uh, Price had a pretty decent stat line?
Pressey proved his worth again, although his shooting sucked.
He had some moments, but overall didn't look like an NBA point guard. Like you said, he can't shoot and I don't know that he's good enough at the other stuff to overcome it. He was better last game.
Well, to be fair, nobody on our team looked like an NBA player last night. And, to be honest, I didn't watch the 2nd half. I just couldn't. But in the first half, I thought Pressey looked like he was easily earning his 10-day contract (which is what I mean by proving his worth).
Pressey reminds a bit of a young Avery Johnson -- decent leadership and distribution skills, but erratic shot. AJ pinballed around the league until his shot/selection improved and he finally stuck with the Spurs.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Too bad we really suck in a year when the talent coming out is bad.

Indy

Post by Indy »

iLLmatic wrote:Too bad we really suck in a year when the talent coming out is bad.
Don't worry--we will suck next year too!

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:Too bad we really suck in a year when the talent coming out is bad.
This is true, but I hate the idea of labeling drafts as bad ones this early. Some are saying it is weak yet some are saying it is starting to look stronger than originally thought. Lets at least get through March before settling on what this draft is or isn't.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
This is true, but I hate the idea of labeling drafts as bad ones this early. Some are saying it is weak yet some are saying it is starting to look stronger than originally thought. Lets at least get through March before settling on what this draft is or isn't.
Fair enough.

So dumb question from a guy that doesn't follow college sports: Wouldn't we be having an argument about who should be #1 vs #2 by now if there was more than one legit star?

Also, if there really was a likely league MVP in this draft, wouldn't people be swooning over him already?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

If INF is saying it's bad, I believe him, and touche Indy!

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: Also, if there really was a likely league MVP in this draft, wouldn't people be swooning over him already?
Are people not swooning over Ben Simmons anymore? I think if he'd have gone somewhere other than LSU he'd be a bit more hyped right now. They aren't even a tournament team. They really only have one other pro-prospect on the roster. I think he's going to be good but I also think he's more Lamar Odom than LeBron James.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, Ben Simmons is being talked about as the best college freshman since Durant. It's died down a little, probably cuz like Carey said, lsu isn't very good. If Simmons had gone to Duke or Kentucky, he'd be all over ESPN. I'll be thrilled if we land a top two pick, Simmons and Ingram will be all stars, but outside them the draft looks pretty weak.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:Ya, Ben Simmons is being talked about as the best college freshman since Durant. It's died down a little, probably cuz like Carey said, lsu isn't very good. If Simmons had gone to Duke or Kentucky, he'd be all over ESPN. I'll be thrilled if we land a top two pick, Simmons and Ingram will be all stars, but outside them the draft looks pretty weak.
I assume by "all-stars" you really mean All-NBA, since All-Stars are really just about popularity and not achievements. But either way, do you really see him as being one of the top 5-6 forwards in league?

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: I assume by "all-stars" you really mean All-NBA, since All-Stars are really just about popularity and not achievements. But either way, do you really see him as being one of the top 5-6 forwards in league?
I get fooled by hype as much as the next guy. He does look like he has all the tools though. I wouldn't hesitate to draft him #1.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Indy wrote:Wouldn't we be having an argument about who should be #1 vs #2 by now if there was more than one legit star?
If I remember correctly there was no debate Davis was number 1 pick in 2012. Yet that draft still had Lillard, Draymond, Drummond, Marhsall, ...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hermen wrote:
Indy wrote:Wouldn't we be having an argument about who should be #1 vs #2 by now if there was more than one legit star?
If I remember correctly there was no debate Davis was number 1 pick in 2012. Yet that draft still had Lillard, Draymond, Drummond, Marhsall, ...
Good point.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: I assume by "all-stars" you really mean All-NBA, since All-Stars are really just about popularity and not achievements. But either way, do you really see him as being one of the top 5-6 forwards in league?
I get fooled by hype as much as the next guy. He does look like he has all the tools though. I wouldn't hesitate to draft him #1.
Here's a question: If you had the 1st pick this year, but could swap it for the first pick next year, would you?