Suns News: Week 18 2/22-2/28

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Suns News: Week 18 2/22-2/28

Post by carey »

Gladiator wrote:

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/703761187968839682

That's a bit surprising. He started last game. He's been rebounding quite well but shooting pretty awfully. Hopefully our man Leuer gets the nod going forward.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

Hopefully Len starts at PF for the rest of the season.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

There's no future for Humphries with the Suns, I can see why they would agree to a buyout.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just hope it isn't one of those "buyouts" where we still end up paying 99% of the original contract money. If we are just going to cut him loose and let him go to any random contender, he better leave something on the table.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Meh. It is a little surprising. Suns need bodies at this point. Ultimately though, It's not a big deal. He was gone @ the end of the year anyways
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Suns waived Humphries, hoping someone will pick him up for his $4.4M cap hit.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

He'll probably clear waivers and his contract is guaranteed through the end of the season, so I don't know where this savings is coming from.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:I just hope it isn't one of those "buyouts" where we still end up paying 99% of the original contract money.
Well, you got your wish. It isn't a buyout and we're on the hook for 100%.

carey

Post by carey »

[youtube][/youtube]
Published on Feb 27, 2016
Everyone's all excited about how Stephen Curry tied the NBA record for most made threes in a game. Let them have their excitement, I say. There is no harm in people enjoying watching the greatest player currently in the game. But there is another record that I fear is going to go unnoticed amongst the falderal:

Alex Len just tied the NBA record for fewest made threes in a game, with 0, a record he now shares with Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan.

Think about that for a moment. Alex Len, now part of an elite pantheon of players that include some of the best of all time. It's hard to even believe, but it's true! Len didn't even TRY a three, let alone make one, for the whole game. THE WHOLE GAME. He could have easily caved in the final quarter, but he knew history was at stake, and he kept his composure. His stunning performance will be remembered throughout the ages.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

pickle

Post by pickle »

I know that in retrospect the George Hill for pick-that-was-Kawhi was probably a bad trade on Indiana's part, but I'd love to get my hands on Hill for the Suns. I was just watching an Indiana game last week, and I think the quality of our games would probably go up significantly if we could just swap out Knight for Hill. I don't see Indiana wanting to move him, obviously, but that's a young-ish veteran that I think will be tremendous for this team. Someone who will play whatever role the team asks of him, starting with tough defense, and someone that can consistently hit the three pointer on offense to stretch the floor. If we had him, Bledsoe, and Booker, I'd say that's a back court rotation that could hold down the fort for us for the next 5 years.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

OE32 wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
OE32 wrote: I am 100% with McD. I won't have any complaints about Sarver as long as McD's at the helm.
I promise you OE, whatever relative of yours Ryan is holding hostage, I will get them back.
Jerry Colangelo ain't walkin' through those doors, INF.

... and he'd sign Gugliotta, L** L****** and trade for Penny Hardaway, then trade Kidd for Marbury, if he was.
I could care less about Jerry Colangelo. I know what good general managing looks like, and it isn't Ryan. Period.

And btw, the horror of the Morris Twins was 10X worse than LL, Bledsoe is right on par with Penny in terms of being miscast and injury prone.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

INFORMER wrote:
OE32 wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
OE32 wrote: I am 100% with McD. I won't have any complaints about Sarver as long as McD's at the helm.
I promise you OE, whatever relative of yours Ryan is holding hostage, I will get them back.
Jerry Colangelo ain't walkin' through those doors, INF.

... and he'd sign Gugliotta, L** L****** and trade for Penny Hardaway, then trade Kidd for Marbury, if he was.
I could care less about Jerry Colangelo. I know what good general managing looks like, and it isn't Ryan. Period.

And btw, the horror of the Morris Twins was 10X worse than LL, Bledsoe is right on par with Penny in terms of being miscast and injury prone.
The Morris twins became a lottery pick. LL became Chris Dudley, who was a godsend, as he allowed us to pass that kidney stone of a roster spot. Lotto pick > Chris Dudley. I think the math on that one is pretty simple.

I don't pretend to understand your rage. I guess that's why we tend to leave each other alone these days.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

pickle wrote:I know that in retrospect the George Hill for pick-that-was-Kawhi was probably a bad trade on Indiana's part, but I'd love to get my hands on Hill for the Suns. I was just watching an Indiana game last week, and I think the quality of our games would probably go up significantly if we could just swap out Knight for Hill. I don't see Indiana wanting to move him, obviously, but that's a young-ish veteran that I think will be tremendous for this team. Someone who will play whatever role the team asks of him, starting with tough defense, and someone that can consistently hit the three pointer on offense to stretch the floor. If we had him, Bledsoe, and Booker, I'd say that's a back court rotation that could hold down the fort for us for the next 5 years.
I watch/go to alot of Pacers games and alot of people like Hill's game. I do not. He disappears a alot out there. We already have one of those. See Bledsoe, Eric
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don't pretend to understand your rage.
I haven't seen any rage here in quite a while, and none from either of you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Rage and just being of half-assed re-builds for the past decade are 2 different things. I think most of us here have similar thoughts to INF in regards to how laughable this situation has been.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Superbone

Suns News: Week 18 2/22-2/28

Post by Superbone »

If you look at his avatar, you can see it is more disgust than rage.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I had rage when Markieff was still on the roster. Now I just want to see what happens in the offseason.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:If you look at his avatar, you can see it is more disgust than rage.
I love that av, by the way. Great fit.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

[youtube][/youtube]

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Who knew INF had his own theme song.
"Be Legendary."