Suns News: Week 19 2/29-3/6

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Week 19 2/29-3/6

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:I don't know what we expect from the team right now. We want them to lose but complain when they get beat. We want the coach to start the young guys and get on him for playing Tucker and Price. Half the team is on ten day contracts. We started Goodwin. He tried to break the NBA record for turnovers and is Swiss cheese on D. Price isn't great but, at least attempts to play defense and so does Tucker. Goodwin is getting plenty of minutes starting or not.

I am ok with Len as PF right now. He is getting a ton of touches. I don't think it's a permanent thing. We don't have a lot of strengths on this team right now. We have two tall quality centers and playing them at the same time gives other teams matchup problems and that is one of the few edges we have to exploit. it worked against Memphis but not the other day.

Len, Booker and Goodwin are our guys not injured that we are betting the future on. They are getting plenty of minutes. At this point that's all that really matters aside from not getting anymore people hurt.
Stop being rational, Nodack.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:I don't know what we expect from the team right now. We want them to lose but complain when they get beat. We want the coach to start the young guys and get on him for playing Tucker and Price. Half the team is on ten day contracts. We started Goodwin. He tried to break the NBA record for turnovers and is Swiss cheese on D. Price isn't great but, at least attempts to play defense and so does Tucker. Goodwin is getting plenty of minutes starting or not.

I am ok with Len as PF right now. He is getting a ton of touches. I don't think it's a permanent thing. We don't have a lot of strengths on this team right now. We have two tall quality centers and playing them at the same time gives other teams matchup problems and that is one of the few edges we have to exploit. it worked against Memphis but not the other day.

Len, Booker and Goodwin are our guys not injured that we are betting the future on. They are getting plenty of minutes. At this point that's all that really matters aside from not getting anymore people hurt.
Stop being rational, Nodack.
Yep, good stuff as usual.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Word is Indiana is waiving Chase Budinger to sign Ty Lawson and Budinger is likely Phoenix bound.

I would also pick up Anthony Bennett and Ray McCallum. If we need a roster spot we can waive Weems.

carey

Post by carey »

Dragic is still running his mouth for some reason: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... t-Of-There
“I was glad as soon as I got out of there,” Dragic said. “I didn’t feel comfortable with them and you never knew what to expect. I want to be in a good situation with a good organization. I know about that situation, but I’m not following it anymore.”
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:Dragic is still running his mouth for some reason
Uh, that some reason is probably that he is facing the Suns tonight, his former team, and he was probably asked a question about leaving and how he feels a year later.

Look, he was completely unprofessional at the end of his time here, but he doesn't say anything wrong, untrue, or out of line in that quote.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

carey wrote:Dragic is still running his mouth for some reason: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/24 ... t-Of-There
“I was glad as soon as I got out of there,” Dragic said. “I didn’t feel comfortable with them and you never knew what to expect. I want to be in a good situation with a good organization. I know about that situation, but I’m not following it anymore.”
It seems like he was responding to a question asked about his thoughts on the Suns? I suppose he could've said he'd rather not talk about the Suns anymore but it's not like he wanted to actively that topic up.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nothing wrong with that quote if he was asked a question.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The smart and political thing to say is, "I'm not there any more, I don't have much to say, I'm on the Heat now, I am focused on that," etc.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:The smart and political thing to say is, "I'm not there any more, I don't have much to say, I'm on the Heat now, I am focused on that," etc.
Yes, he missed a chance to be classy, not for the Suns, but for himself.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah that's a better answer. That doesn't mean anything he said was wrong.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Hey, it's not like Tulowitzki grousing about the spring training facilities being to nice just because he felt like bitching about his old team.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

It's hard to make up a mock draft when you don't know who's picking where.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

With Booker, Goodwin and Bogdanovic on the roster they still have the Suns drafting shooting guards with their first two picks. And then a point guard to go along with Bledsoe, Knight and Price with the third pick!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

The Bobster wrote:With Booker, Goodwin and Bogdanovic on the roster they still have the Suns drafting shooting guards with their first two picks. And then a point guard to go along with Bledsoe, Knight and Price with the third pick!
Given our recent history drafting and trading... hard to blame them for it :lol:

carey

Post by carey »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
The Bobster wrote:With Booker, Goodwin and Bogdanovic on the roster they still have the Suns drafting shooting guards with their first two picks. And then a point guard to go along with Bledsoe, Knight and Price with the third pick!
Given our recent history drafting and trading... hard to blame them for it :lol:
Under McDonough: Center, combo Guard, SF, PG, SG (stashed), SG. The only thing we haven't taken in the first is a PF but we do have Alec Brown.

Anyway, lately I've been wondering if Ingram & Warren can play together or if Warren and one of our PGs could be swapped for a starting PF like Favors (though I'm sure it would take a bit more sweetener.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Under McDonough: Center, combo Guard, SF, PG, SG (stashed), SG. The only thing we haven't taken in the first is a PF but we do have Alec Brown.

Anyway, lately I've been wondering if Ingram & Warren can play together or if Warren and one of our PGs could be swapped for a starting PF like Favors (though I'm sure it would take a bit more sweetener.)
I don't think Favors is a good target for us. We already have two centers, why add another? I say this because Favors can't really step out on either offense or defense. If we draft Ingram, I think we put him on the bench as a back-up 3/4 to start. Whether he and TJ can play together is something we should take a look at before jettisoning TJ.

After taking a closer look at Rabb, I think he's going to shoot up draft boards, and we may take him with our top pick if we don't get either Simmons or Ingram. It'll be interesting to see what we (can) do.

carey

Post by carey »

OE32 wrote:After taking a closer look at Rabb, I think he's going to shoot up draft boards, and we may take him with our top pick if we don't get either Simmons or Ingram. It'll be interesting to see what we (can) do.
I'm super intrigued by Rabb. Huge bust potential, in my opinion. Fucking this pick up will cost McDonough his job here. Not sure I'd be willing to bet it on Rabb if I were him, but I do like his potential.

I'll get killed for this, but his physical tools are very young Amare to me.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:
OE32 wrote:After taking a closer look at Rabb, I think he's going to shoot up draft boards, and we may take him with our top pick if we don't get either Simmons or Ingram. It'll be interesting to see what we (can) do.
I'm super intrigued by Rabb. Huge bust potential, in my opinion. Fucking this pick up will cost McDonough his job here. Not sure I'd be willing to bet it on Rabb if I were him, but I do like his potential.

I'll get killed for this, but his physical tools are very young Amare to me.
Yeah, the length + athleticism + mobility + strength combo is unmatched by the other big prospects. Bender has the length and mobility x2, but neither the athleticism nor the strength. Skal has the length, athleticism and mobility, but no strength at all.

I don't know about bust potential - I don't see him being a bad rebounder/defender/finisher at the pro level. His stats are tremendous for a freshman. I think he can develop his outside shot, and if he does, he's the complete package for a 4. I'm having a hard time understanding why he's falling on draft boards.

TOO

Post by TOO »

djy2j wrote:Prepare to vomit

Mock draft:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... down-board
Not even mad about it, we'll eventually strike gold on one of those Kentucky guys right? Murray looks to be at least a CJ McCollum type.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.