Arizona Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
LazarusLong

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Post by LazarusLong »

If Arians leaves, I could see the Cardinals transition into more of a defensive power.
Markus Golden and Tivon Branch coming back from injuries will only make them better.
On offense, I'd be inclined to emphasize rebuilding the offensive line to support David Johnson.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Split T

Post by Split T »

What about drafting Lamar Jackson and have a dual running attack between Johnson and Jackson

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Arians said it was fake news. He's looking forward to grooming a new quarterback.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:Interesting, I wonder if Carson will call it quits. Regardless, QB of the future needs to be priority 1 this off-season.
QB of next year needs to be priority 1. I've had enough of Carson Palmer in my life.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:What about drafting Lamar Jackson and have a dual running attack between Johnson and Jackson
Physically slight quarterbacks who heavily relied on athleticism to succeed in college have a poor track record in the NFL.

Could he be Mike Vick? Maybe. But that means he's also just as likely to be injured every season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:Arians said it was fake news. He's looking forward to grooming a new quarterback.
My badd on falling for the Fake news guys
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Nice finish by the redbirds. Beating Seattle is always satisfying.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

LazarusLong wrote:Nice finish by the redbirds. Beating Seattle is always satisfying.
Agreed, and knocking them out of the playoffs on the Cards home field is even better.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I guess Arians was pulling our leg. Retired. Nice for him to go out on an impactful win and as the winningest coach in franchise history.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shurmur for head coach?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

All I can say about the Cardinals' quarterbacks plans is this -

"Failing to plan is planning to fail"
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Bobster wrote:All I can say about the Cardinals' quarterbacks plans is this -

"Failing to plan is planning to fail"
What do you mean? We'll get at least 2-3 healthy games out of Sam Bradford!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Jurecki had a boner for McCown and the rest of the local radio guys are morons too. MJ seems to think we can win with trash journeymen. For someone who’s only job is to be an NFL reporter, he hasn’t got a clue.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We’re having a great offseason. Cut Badger and Kareem Martin is signing with the Giants.

Meanwhile we’re sitting around with our thumbs up our butt doing nothing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I loved honey badger, but I'm not sure he's the same player after his injuries and we were paying him a lot. Wish he would have taken a pay cut to hang around. We must feel like Budda Baker is ready to go.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I'd love for us to make some moves to improve the team. Losing Honey Badger doesn't improve the team. I don't care about Bidwill's pockets and saving money. If we had to cut Badger to sign Cousins, then okay. Cutting him for shits and giggles is not in my interest. We haven't gone after a single player to upgrade a position on this team. Bradford to me does not count.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Isn't today the first day of free agency? I'm assuming we'll add more players, they aren't just cutting him for no reason.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:Isn't today the first day of free agency? I'm assuming we'll add more players, they aren't just cutting him for no reason.
All the big time players are already gone. Even Kareem Martin has already agreed to a deal. We're left with scraps.

We have 1 wide receiver worth mentioning.

We have essentially no TE's worth mentioning.

We need 3 new offensive line starters at least.

We need a CB opposite Pat P.

And we're planning on filling all these holes with everyone else's trash and draft picks? That's why we cut Badger? Come on. This is the worst Cards offseason in a while.

Split T

Post by Split T »

To be honest I haven't been playing close attention. I don't know who's available. I'm putting some trust in the front office as they've been pretty reliable in recent years, but you could be right, I don't really know.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Aaaaaaaand we still don't have a WR.

AAAAaaaaand we just lost Tramon Williams, our only CB opposite PP, to the Packers. He wanted 3 mill per year, we offered 2. Roll.

What in the hell are the Cardinals doing this offseason? This is the most mind boggling offseason I've seen since they moved to UOP.