What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Wally_West

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Wally_West »

Boardwalk Empire...damn.

SDC

Post by SDC »

iLLmatic wrote:
Wally_West wrote:Very much enjoyed the Flash. The show looks very promising.
I watched the pilot last night and really enjoyed it. I definitely enjoyed it more than Gotham.

really? i watched the flash pilot a few months ago and decided i wont be following the show.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Walking Dead was nails last night.
Spoiler: show/hide

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Agreed. Ran through the gamut of feeling from gruesome to heart-rending reunions.
Amazing how Carol has transformed from meek victim to Ripley of Aliens' fame...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Was the best episode in probably 3 seasons IMO. Some much needed zombie ass kicking. Please, no more rick-the-farmer.

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:Agreed. Ran through the gamut of feeling from gruesome to heart-rending reunions.
Amazing how Carol has transformed from meek victim to Ripley of Aliens' fame...
Agreed. I think her journey is the most worth telling.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:Was the best episode in probably 3 seasons IMO. Some much needed zombie ass kicking. Please, no more rick-the-farmer.
You needed Farmer Rick to get where we are.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Was the best episode in probably 3 seasons IMO. Some much needed zombie ass kicking. Please, no more rick-the-farmer.
You needed Farmer Rick to get where we are.
We'll disagree. I would've been okay with Farmer Rick never making an appearance. Waste of a season IMO.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am saying that the point of the journey for rick is from "Let's all work together to build a community" to "Fuck 'em, none of them can live because they are threats to us". It goes back to what Shane said early on. Rick isn't/wasn't the guy that could really protect them. This season will be a lot more of showing what makes people turn from old Rick into new Rick.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The problem is it wasn't just Regular Rick->Farmer Rick->Badass Rick. There were 11 other Ricks in between, including Hallucinating Rick and Democracy Rick and Whiny Recovering Rick.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I get what you're saying Indy- I just don't care. I thought it was incredibly boring and a waste of a season. I'm no more engaged now by the character development than I was before. I thought Carols was well done.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:I am saying that the point of the journey for rick is from "Let's all work together to build a community" to "Fuck 'em, none of them can live because they are threats to us". It goes back to what Shane said early on. Rick isn't/wasn't the guy that could really protect them. This season will be a lot more of showing what makes people turn from old Rick into new Rick.
Let's just hope he doesn't turn into Terminus Rick. That hipster running the institutional killing plant was sick!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:The problem is it wasn't just Regular Rick->Farmer Rick->Badass Rick. There were 11 other Ricks in between, including Hallucinating Rick and Democracy Rick and Whiny Recovering Rick.
I agree with that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:I get what you're saying Indy- I just don't care. I thought it was incredibly boring and a waste of a season. I'm no more engaged now by the character development than I was before. I thought Carols was well done.
I agree about Carol, but she was a very minor character for much of the series. So you didn't really see the journey as much.

But don't let all this make you think I am a fan of Rick's development (like Bazz said).

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:I am saying that the point of the journey for rick is from "Let's all work together to build a community" to "Fuck 'em, none of them can live because they are threats to us". It goes back to what Shane said early on. Rick isn't/wasn't the guy that could really protect them. This season will be a lot more of showing what makes people turn from old Rick into new Rick.
Let's just hope he doesn't turn into Terminus Rick. That hipster running the institutional killing plant was sick!
I think that would be pretty cool to see.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I watched seasons 1-3 of Walking Dead and enjoyed them. But I have gotten kind of stuck on season 4. It doesn't seem to really be about anything in particular yet, just a bunch of individual 1-hour stories. Maybe it'll get better if I stick with it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

There are some really good ones. But it can be hit or miss.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

"If it helps, you . . ."
:shock:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Dan H wrote:"If it helps, you . . ."
:shock:
As a fan of the comic, I was pretty disappointed in this scene, it was done much better in the comics but this show have been shown a tendency to do a prominent things in the comics in their own way and then redo that same thing more closer to the comic which is weird. Still like the episode overall though.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

More like, what am I *not* watching?

Some out of habit / guilty pleasures of course.

This also is just new seasons, not old stuff i'm still catching up on, like Grimm,

The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, Brickleberry

The Goldbergs, Brooklyn 99, The Big Bang Theory, .. wow i guess there is a big lack of comedies / sit coms for me this year. Black Jesus was pretty funny. Summer is its own season now, so I just finished a number of shows too. *Edit* Oh yeah, Last Man Standing with Tim Allen is pretty damn funny to me.

Haven, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, Flash, Arrow, Contsantine, Forever, Stalker, Criminal Minds, Chicago PD, Law and Order SVU, The Blacklist..
Last edited by Phoenix219 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.