What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Mori Chu

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Mori Chu »

Loving this thread; getting some good recommendations for new shows. I want to check out True Detective and Person of Interest.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

carey wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:Anyone looking forward to Gotham coming this fall? I have high hopes for this show. And an AZ actor plays Mr. Gordon.... Also was Ryan Atwood on the OC many years ago. He also was the voice of Batman year one.
I love Ben McKenzie. His character on Southland was great. That said, Gotham looks like shitty fan fiction. I've been reading Batman for 20 years. Gotham without Batman is dumb as shit. The rogues gallery is formed in response to Batman, NOT vice versa. It's just going to be a boring crime show with people's names you recognized thrown around like they mean nothing.
Well maybe not batman, but there is a young Bruce Wayne. They have also casted Alfred, which in some comics was a Brittish spy. I think it will be an ok show. I have the right to be wrong though.
You sold me two quier giraffes

carey

Post by carey »

Awww, Dads was canceled. :mrgreen:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

JeffreyLee wrote:
carey wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:Anyone looking forward to Gotham coming this fall? I have high hopes for this show. And an AZ actor plays Mr. Gordon.... Also was Ryan Atwood on the OC many years ago. He also was the voice of Batman year one.
I love Ben McKenzie. His character on Southland was great. That said, Gotham looks like shitty fan fiction. I've been reading Batman for 20 years. Gotham without Batman is dumb as shit. The rogues gallery is formed in response to Batman, NOT vice versa. It's just going to be a boring crime show with people's names you recognized thrown around like they mean nothing.
Well maybe not batman, but there is a young Bruce Wayne. They have also casted Alfred, which in some comics was a Brittish spy. I think it will be an ok show. I have the right to be wrong though.
Not really interested at all.... I think its a little contrived and hokey that all of these characters are interacting in some type of plot narrative, decades before they are supposed to know each other or have any real type of interaction.

I would have much prefered a straight up cop procedural set in Gotham, with the urban legend of The Bat hanging overhead, while really capturing the grittiness of the city, the insanity that the criminal element brings, the depravity of the crimes. You don't need to see Batman or the Rogues to see the effect they have on the everyman and the underground. Call it GCPD and have it center around a unit working under Gordan. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Mori Chu wrote:Loving this thread; getting some good recommendations for new shows. I want to check out True Detective and Person of Interest.
Person of Interest is fantastic. Part crime procedural, part sci fi, part super hero show hidden beneath the surface, with an overarching storyline that doesn't become overwhelming or old, and story of the weeks that end up being way more important then you expect, half the time. Very well written show. This year has been *very* shocking. Highly recommend it.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:Awww, Dads was canceled. :mrgreen:
that kind of sucks.... it was just kind of hitting its stride near the end. definitely better then the early episodes.

I'm most pissed off about Almost Human getting cancelled before it even had a chance to launch the serial part of its storyline. Such a waste. I loved the future tech and the interaction between the 2 main characters..... very Knight Riderish with the interplay there. Now there is the hanging plotline from the pilot, and the hanging plotline about the rogue scientist. I really hope some other channel picks this up.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Phoenix219 wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:
carey wrote:
Not really interested at all.... I think its a little contrived and hokey that all of these characters are interacting in some type of plot narrative, decades before they are supposed to know each other or have any real type of interaction.

I would have much prefered a straight up cop procedural set in Gotham, with the urban legend of The Bat hanging overhead, while really capturing the grittiness of the city, the insanity that the criminal element brings, the depravity of the crimes. You don't need to see Batman or the Rogues to see the effect they have on the everyman and the underground. Call it GCPD and have it center around a unit working under Gordan. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Good points. Ive never really looked at Gotham as a charecter its self.
You sold me two quier giraffes

carey

Post by carey »

There was a great comic called Gotham Central back in the day. Gotham the FOX show unfortunately isn't that.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Almost Human gone... Revolution gone.... Believe gone (before i even started watching it) ..... Alcatraz last year.... JJ Abrams tv track record isn't looking so good right now. Almost Human and Revolution were two of my must watch shows this year. Sad day. So tired of cliffhanger endings.... thats the reason i never bothered with Alphas, season 2.... and wish i had never bothered with Cult. Beware the Batman is getting its back half burned off over the summer at 3 fuckin AM... this gets so old.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

And, Oh yeah.... they *BETTER NOT* kill Sara on next weeks Arrow finale..... I do NOT want to see Laurel become the Canary!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:
carey wrote:Awww, Dads was canceled. :mrgreen:
that kind of sucks.... it was just kind of hitting its stride near the end. definitely better then the early episodes.

I'm most pissed off about Almost Human getting cancelled before it even had a chance to launch the serial part of its storyline. Such a waste. I loved the future tech and the interaction between the 2 main characters..... very Knight Riderish with the interplay there. Now there is the hanging plotline from the pilot, and the hanging plotline about the rogue scientist. I really hope some other channel picks this up.
they should not have cancelled Dads. i hope mixology gets a season 2 pickup. :D

carey

Post by carey »

Laurel can't become the Canary. She has zero skills.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:Almost Human gone... Revolution gone.... Believe gone (before i even started watching it) ..... Alcatraz last year.... JJ Abrams tv track record isn't looking so good right now. Almost Human and Revolution were two of my must watch shows this year. Sad day. So tired of cliffhanger endings.... thats the reason i never bothered with Alphas, season 2.... and wish i had never bothered with Cult. Beware the Batman is getting its back half burned off over the summer at 3 fuckin AM... this gets so old.
Alcatraz was a couple years ago. But yeah Abrams track record isn't great because he's barely involved in these Tv projects.

I won't watch shows on the Cartoon Network anymore after what they did to Young Justice and also Paul Dini. Totally unsurprised they are screwing over Beware the Batman. I watch Rick & Morty but I always pirate it, cause fuck Cartoon Network.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I liked Revolution, its actually gotten decent now. I'll miss Tracy Spiridakos lol.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

The last episode of Alcatraz opened up so many possibilities (and questions), and ended at such a cliffhanger. I still just want to know where the story was going (same for "The Event")... it just gets soooo old. I never watched Young Justice, but my hate for the New 52 is making me very curious to check out the highly acclaimed Young Justice. Green Lantern: The Animated Series was one of the most compelling space operas I've seen in forever, a *great* sci fi show, that just *happened* to be about the Green Lantern Corp. It was *fantastic.* Batman was taken off the air months ago; the last 2 episodes of the first 13 were released on the DVD before TV, and the last 13 are basically in the garbage bin. I agree with everything u said, carey... Rick and Morty is awesome, but 100% pirated, cause fuck Cartoon Network. Oh yeah, Thundercats reboot ended on a cliffhanger, too.

I hope Revolution has time to tie up its story. This is so depressing. Its so much better then it was, and has awesome fight sequences, and the whole thing with the fake US government is becoming EPIC. I'm 2 episodes behind. Still, all my most anticipated shows *always GET CANCELLED.*

Off note, new Marvel TV Show coming, Agent Carter.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Phoenix219 wrote:Almost Human gone... Revolution gone.... Believe gone (before i even started watching it) ..... Alcatraz last year.... JJ Abrams tv track record isn't looking so good right now. Almost Human and Revolution were two of my must watch shows this year. Sad day. So tired of cliffhanger endings.... thats the reason i never bothered with Alphas, season 2.... and wish i had never bothered with Cult. Beware the Batman is getting its back half burned off over the summer at 3 fuckin AM... this gets so old.
I've got the last nine Almost Human's sitting on my DVR as I haven't had an opportunity to watch ANY yet. Is it even worth it now that it's been cancelled?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
I've got the last nine Almost Human's sitting on my DVR as I haven't had an opportunity to watch ANY yet. Is it even worth it now that it's been cancelled?
only episode one. you'd think it's a tv version of blade runner.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
only episode one. you'd think it's a tv version of blade runner.
Unfortunately, I don't have that one. I was having DVR issues when the series started and had to get a new one and only have the last 9 shows. Guess I could find another way to watch it. The other ones are not worth it though?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I thought the show was worth it, although as I was downloading them, I had to put them into the correct order, since they were not aired properly, and that throws off the growth of the relationship between the two leads. Near the end of the season, there were quite a few open plot threads left hanging. This show had sooo much potential.