Everything Soccer

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Everything Soccer

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Atleti played phenomenal defense for 92 minutes. The collapse in extra time was painful as an impartial viewer.

I'm really starting to dislike Cristiano Ronaldo more and more. He's probably the best player in the world, but would it kill him to be a little more humble sometimes? His 119th minute PK goal celebration was obnoxious. I can't wait until Demarcus Beasley shuts him down. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I agree about Ronaldo's celebration. It should have been a discreet affair.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Atleti played phenomenal defense for 92 minutes. The collapse in extra time was painful as an impartial viewer.

I'm really starting to dislike Cristiano Ronaldo more and more. He's probably the best player in the world, but would it kill him to be a little more humble sometimes? His 119th minute PK goal celebration was obnoxious. I can't wait until Demarcus Beasley shuts him down. :lol:
the 2014 world cup is for USA to lose.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Landon Donovan with 2 goals and an assist in his first game since being cut by Jurgen. He also broke the MLS career goal scoring record. I'm worried the USMNT players will start to doubt their coach.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Landon Donovan with 2 goals and an assist in his first game since being cut by Jurgen. He also broke the MLS career goal scoring record. I'm worried the USMNT players will start to doubt their coach.
Yup. Weird move to leave him off. The WC is every four years, I think looking ahead to 2018 because we're in the group of death is myopic at best & utterly idiotic at worse. This isn't like tanking an NBA season. I know it's one player with questionable practice habits but he's the most experienced & let's face it, well known, player on the USMNT.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

USA vs. Azerbaijan coming on ESPN in moments. I like Bradley, Dempsey and Altidore as the three main guys up top. Our back line though... Not in the face!

Com'on Von Trapps!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Moderately surprised that Wonderbread guy hasn't scored yet.

TOO

Post by TOO »

David Villa is leaving Atletico to join an MLS expansion team in NY.. Is basically what every 30+ y/o will do?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Villa played well last season. Obviously he is not in his prime but is still a quality player. If the MLS wants hype as well as talent, these are good moves, proved that thevets can still play at a decent level.

Btw, During this seaseon there were rumors that Henry was trying to recruit Xavi. It doesn't seem too probable this year, but could happen the following season, and I am sure there are many vets who would consider it before other destinations like China, Japan or Qatar.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Arsenal and Manchester have also been linked to Xavi.. Though it seems Arsenal is in on everyone right now, Fabregas, Balotelli, now Xavi. It'd be a major pull for MLS to get Villa and Xavi.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Xavi is certainly on his last legs, but his vision, passing and control of the tempo are still there. How fast is the pace in the MLS?

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:David Villa is leaving Atletico to join an MLS expansion team in NY.. Is basically what every 30+ y/o will do?
when did you start paying attention to soccer, orig?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Villa played well last season. Obviously he is not in his prime but is still a quality player. If the MLS wants hype as well as talent, these are good moves, proved that thevets can still play at a decent level.

Btw, During this seaseon there were rumors that Henry was trying to recruit Xavi. It doesn't seem too probable this year, but could happen the following season, and I am sure there are many vets who would consider it before other destinations like China, Japan or Qatar.
villa is still a member of the spanish national team, yes? still a good player. rio ferdinand, lampard, ashley cole all unemployed right now. but qpr might try to get rio f.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Correct, Villa will play in the WC this summer, and actually can see him getting a lot of minutes, as our other pure strikers are Torres and Costa, who is recovering from injury.

SDC

Post by SDC »

mancity colors in ny

SDC

Post by SDC »

japan vs costa rica

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm quite surprised Villa will be over here for the next season given that it's the first year for NYCFC and they're playing in a freaking baseball stadium.

TOO

Post by TOO »

SDC wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:David Villa is leaving Atletico to join an MLS expansion team in NY.. Is basically what every 30+ y/o will do?
when did you start paying attention to soccer, orig?
Its always been on my backburner, so I've always been fairly familiar with it. Just started paying much more attention recently.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Loving this road to Brazil doc ESPN has been showing about the USMNT.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

I'm a Derby County fan and I'm still recovering from our defeat at Wembley:-(
We had a great year just couldn't find the net in the final. Took my daughter to her first Wembley game and she loved it. 38,000 Derby fans chanting was a great sound.
Hope next year is our year to be promoted and this time automatically without the lottery of the playoffs.
ES
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.