Game of Thrones

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Who will battle for Tyrion's life?

Jamie vs. Meryn Trant?

Jamie vs. Bronn?

Tyrion fight for himself?

Tywin surely can't let Jamie fight for Tyrion if he thinks he can/will lose. Wheels within wheels.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Who will battle for Tyrion's life?

Jamie vs. Meryn Trant?

Jamie vs. Bronn?

Tyrion fight for himself?

Tywin surely can't let Jamie fight for Tyrion if he thinks he can/will lose. Wheels within wheels.
You will like it.

carey

Post by carey »

Not quite sure how you can't guess. They have been building toward it all season. I have a feeling it won't be for two weeks.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Actually, now that I think about it they have done a poor job of setting it up. Maybe they want it to be a surprise.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Game of Thrones felt like it was 15 minutes long today.. Peter Dinklage is a fantastic actor.
Agreed, but I felt he overacted a little.

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:Not quite sure how you can't guess. They have been building toward it all season. I have a feeling it won't be for two weeks.
This is why I'm glad I havent read the books, I can build my own conclusions w/o already knowing what happens. I'm not sure I'd watch it if I had read the books.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
carey wrote:Not quite sure how you can't guess. They have been building toward it all season. I have a feeling it won't be for two weeks.
This is why I'm glad I havent read the books, I can build my own conclusions w/o already knowing what happens. I'm not sure I'd watch it if I had read the books.
Yes you would. There's enough things interesting & different to keep you guessing... plus the performances man....everyone is awesome.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

No GoT, sigh.. Stupid America.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Looking forward to game of thrones tonight. Is this week's episode the finale?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

There are 3 more including tonight's

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

HOE-LEY-SHEIT. :shock:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Aaaaaaack!

TOO

Post by TOO »

So that happened. :shock:

TOO

Post by TOO »

I've watched a lot of tv programs, and I don't think I've ever felt as crushed as I did at the end of that episode. Just took the wind outta my sails. :lol:

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I've watched a lot of tv programs, and I don't think I've ever felt as crushed as I did at the end of that episode. Just took the wind outta my sails. :lol:
Haha. It took all my willpower to keep that in all season. Don't worry though, Tyrion has an EPIC episode coming up (probably the finale if we spend all of next episode at Castle Black.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

(SPOILERS)

My girlfriend was totally disturbed. She couldn't fall asleep after we watched that. It was SO graphic, LOL. Most shocking thing they have ever shown, and that's saying a lot. Wow.

This has to be the best season of GoT ever, doesn't it? Others have had more chess-piece movement and larger battles, but this one just feels like the most tightly written and plotted, the one with the characters shining the brightest, and so on. I'm riveted by it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

BTW, how much of a rip-off of Inigo Montoya was Prince Oberyn in the end?

"Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

"You raped her. You murdered her. Say her name!" etc.

The scene and the character as a whole were delightful, but I thought it was bad form to brush up so close against such a recognizable fantasy character.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh, one more thing I meant to say about GoT and the trial by combat. I haven't read the books, but it seemed to me that both combatants were going to both end up dead. The Mountain obviously killed Oberyn, but then he himself collapsed to the ground. He seemed to have been wounded but not killed, but I was assuming that they're going to have him die from those wounds, or maybe that he's been infected or poisoned from them, etc. (I was assuming that Oberyn would poison The Mountain because he mentioned knowing how to make poisons before, and his name is The Viper after all.)

That would make sense from a plot perspective, because we've ended this episode thinking that Tyrion's champion lost and that he is going to be executed, but if both fighters die, what becomes of the accused? That's their way to have their ending for this episode and still kind of Ctrl-Z it later.

carey

Post by carey »

Oh, there is no control+z in Westeros mate. You've also been enjoying it because we are mostly watching the end of the best book (book 3) with some of 4&5 (which occur simultaneously) in there to keep Dany around. Prepare for epic Tyrion.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I've watched a lot of tv programs, and I don't think I've ever felt as crushed as I did at the end of that episode. Just took the wind outta my sails. :lol:
Haha. It took all my willpower to keep that in all season. Don't worry though, Tyrion has an EPIC episode coming up (probably the finale if we spend all of next episode at Castle Black.)

I was told by a reader that The Hound and Arya don't make it to The Eyrie together in the book. Is that what you remember as well?