Game of Thrones

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by carey »

Idk, I mean that was what I liked about GoT from the start I think. They started with just a glimpse of the White Walkers and you're like hmmmm... then... a whole book (season) with no magic stuff until the very end. Then it's all *bam* dragons! *bam* zombies!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I wish it were more *bam* boobs! Just sayin'...
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

One of you should make a Game of Thrones thread and send this entire conversation there :)

Phoenix219

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Phoenix219 »

I messed up, but will be attempting to fix it now. Learning on the job here :D

Should be done. :)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Lol you should just rename the thread "Official Game of Thrones Thread...also you can talk about other TV shows too if you want"

carey

Post by carey »

There won't be much discussion till next April now but I understand it was probably annoying.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

9 pages worth deserved its own thread, either way. Game of Thrones just got more discussion then anything basketball related has in awhile :D haha. It wasn't that annoying, just easy to lose track of any comments about the rest of the (mostly terrible) tv spectrum lol.

SDC

Post by SDC »

I really enjoyed game of thrones season 1. but skipped 2 and 3. i may have to watch season 4 in order to prepare for season 5.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SDC wrote:I really enjoyed game of thrones season 1. but skipped 2 and 3. i may have to watch season 4 in order to prepare for season 5.
Season 2 and 3 are better than season 1! You should really try and watch all the seasons if possible, so much has happened since season 1.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I miss Ned Stark.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

I told myself I wouldn't pick up another book until he was done with the dang series after waiting over 5 years for the first book, but dang if the TV show isn't great. Got sucked right back in. I'm enjoying all the little differences. Some I like better the show way, others I prefer the books - but I can see why they changed it.

BTW, JS totally equals R+L. Can't wait for him to meet his cousin.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It sounds like they are almost 100% caught up already on the TV show compared to the books. They haven't shown everything, but every book has at least been touched upon. Makes me worry that he will not be able to keep up content to stay on pace with the show. I think things will start to suffer creatively.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

I don't know, Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons are two huge books. They occur concurrently but I could see three seasons coming from just those two books. The most recent one coincided with the end of Storm of Swords I think - I'm further ahead in the books than the show.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

The TV show Red Wedding was worse than the book! Wow!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Worse as in... More graphic and explicit? Or worse as in, not close to as enjoyable or portrayed what you expected in the book?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Far more graphic. One character is murdered horribly and brutally that still lives in the books.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Pretty sure in the books Tyrion nails his dad in the crotch with the crossbow. Guess that must have been too much even for HBO, LOL.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought Season 4 of GoT was phenomenal. Best of the series so far. I can barely stand the wait between seasons on some of these shows with relatively short seasons.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

The progression is amazing. Hopefully the special effects department isn't freaking out.

Season 1: oh, just throw some good visuals up on a greenscreen. Can you come up with some miniature dragons?

Season 4: All right, I need 100,000 men, giants, and mammoths attacking a 700-foot wall. And animated skeletons, and fireballs, and a dragon the size of an attack helicopter, and and . . .

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Massive spoilers. Don't blame me.

http://minx.cc:1080/?post=351155