What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SDC

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by SDC »

It's that you said "Strong is hot for an East Asian girl." That's just like "X is hot for a black girl" or "Y is hot for a gay guy."
you and your stupid filipino girlfriend needs some geography lessons.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:
carey wrote:Idk if you're trolling but if you keep using racist language like "orientals," which refers to objects not people you idiot, "japs," and what not you won't be able to post here anymore.
If you're trying to make a point by being the bigger man, lets not call people idiots?
I'm not trying to be a bigger man. I'm making a point that calling Asians orientals is extraordinarily offensive to them. And it IS idiotic.
Im Asian and take offensive to it, I see why some might be. Not that big of a deal to me, but if it upsets one poster then i would stop i suppose.
You sold me two quier giraffes

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

JeffreyLee wrote:
carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:
carey wrote:Idk if you're trolling but if you keep using racist language like "orientals," which refers to objects not people you idiot, "japs," and what not you won't be able to post here anymore.
If you're trying to make a point by being the bigger man, lets not call people idiots?
I'm not trying to be a bigger man. I'm making a point that calling Asians orientals is extraordinarily offensive to them. And it IS idiotic.
Im Asian and take no* offensive to it, I see why some might be. Not that big of a deal to me, but if it upsets one poster then i would stop i suppose.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

And now, back to the TV.....

Anyone watch Person of Interest?

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:And now, back to the TV.....

Yes, love that show. It's so timely too, since we basically live in a surveillance state as it is. Love the cast too. Sarah Shahi is my dream girl.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:And now, back to the TV.....

Yes, love that show. It's so timely too, since we basically live in a surveillance state as it is. Love the cast too. Sarah Shahi is my dream girl.
Its great, its like Batman without a costume, but he's still the "man in the suit." Lol. Love it how Finch and John make up the two sides of Bruce/Bats - the millionaire idealist/detective, and the brooding vengance/fighting skills.
Spoiler: show/hide
was one of the most shocking television deaths i've seen in a long time. It seems like the machine has taken on a life of its own now.... both our machine, and Samaritan, have "found a way to survive and grow".

carey

Post by carey »

Since P219 deleted my post.

You can not say "X is hot for an asian girl." It's derogatory at the very least and basically racist. It is just like saying "X is smart for a black person." etc. I still don't understand how you don't see this.

I saw the post you made where you called my girlfriend stupid and that we need a geography lesson. Well here's a lesson for you about the word "oriental." Actually, a lesson for all of you. Did you know that it's actually against the law in New York to use the term "oriental" when referring to people of Asian or Pacific heritage on state documents? http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =112465167
Why is Oriental such a loaded term? Why do Asian-Americans find it offensive?

Well, you know, I think history really does play a huge role in this. And when you think about it, the term Oriental itself kind of feels freighted with luggage. You know, it's a term which you can't think of without having that sort of the smell of incense and the sound of a gong kind of in your head.
And you know, beyond that it's - that's just sort of like the cultural baggage that comes with it. I mean obviously there are political issues. It's something which has been associated with racist campaigns, with stereotypical imagery.
Oriental is for rugs, not people.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There are some unkind messages with personal attacks in this thread. I would prefer not to have that sort of talk in this forum. We can talk about these topics without calling each other names.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Peopele quit fighting over what is racist or not (I agree with Carey, It was though). GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!!

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

219's a mod?

Holy pizza!

carey

Post by carey »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:219's a mod?

Holy pizza!
Me, Bone, P219 & Mori.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Maaaan... Wish I could be like the cool kids!

SDC

Post by SDC »

i just finished six episodes (1-6) of Mixology in 2 days.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

SDC wrote:i just finished six episodes (1-6) of Mixology in 2 days.
Got it downloaded, haven't watched it yet. Whats it about? What did you like about it?

My hours work out well for being able to watch out for spam and what not. Even being on the East Coast, I'm awake later then most people in the ... what is it, PST?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:
SDC wrote:i just finished six episodes (1-6) of Mixology in 2 days.
Got it downloaded, haven't watched it yet. Whats it about? What did you like about it?
The series takes place all over the course of one night at a Manhattan bar called "Mix", where five women and five men meet up for more than just a casual conversation and a drink. Each episode will follow two or three characters as they meet each other for the first time and from there will determine the outcome in the season finale, which will be the end of the night. - from wikipedia

(i'm into ginger gonzaga and vanessa lengies.)

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

ROBOT CHICKEN came back tonight! Another DC comics special, too. Can't wait til work is over, got a whole line up to watch. :)

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mike Judge's Silicon Valley looks interesting

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Phoenix219 wrote:ROBOT CHICKEN came back tonight! Another DC comics special, too. Can't wait til work is over, got a whole line up to watch. :)
Dang! I forgot to watch it. I dont have DVR as well, hope it was good.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I thought it was hilarious. Gorilla Grodd stole the show.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Wally_West wrote:I thought it was hilarious. Gorilla Grodd stole the show.
Was the Iris / Tina joke with Flash and reverse Flash just a random name, or an actual joke based on the blond from STAR Labs named Tina that was in the 90s Flash show? I couldn't tell. Lol.