What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Wally_West

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Wally_West »

Phoenix219 wrote:
Wally_West wrote:I thought it was hilarious. Gorilla Grodd stole the show.
Was the Iris / Tina joke with Flash and reverse Flash just a random name, or an actual joke based on the blond from STAR Labs named Tina that was in the 90s Flash show? I couldn't tell. Lol.
Wow, I didn't even think that. I think I want to say they used a random name only because that Tina didn't have an English Accent.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Rick and Morty last night was fantastic, and it looks like they are building a bit of an ongoing story and expanding the shows mythology. Awesome stuff.

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:Rick and Morty last night was fantastic, and it looks like they are building a bit of an ongoing story and expanding the shows mythology. Awesome stuff.
The one true Morty!

Also, Agents of SHIELD tonight....yikes. Saw it coming a mile away & it still stung when it happened.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Silicon Valley may be the best new show of 2014, not True Detective.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:Rick and Morty last night was fantastic, and it looks like they are building a bit of an ongoing story and expanding the shows mythology. Awesome stuff.
The one true Morty!

Also, Agents of SHIELD tonight....yikes. Saw it coming a mile away & it still stung when it happened.
I haven't seen Cap 2 yet. I know where last weeks SHIELD ended, though. The show has definitely improved as the season went along. It started off *terribly.*

If there is one stupid Rick, then there must be one smart Morty... the one that is masterminding that entire scheme against the council of Ricks, and was puppeteering the robot. We also now know why Rick set up the entire first episode to have Morty travel with him (with the whole planned gambit with the seed and forcing him through customs to get the parents off his back.) Also, *loved* the Eric Stoltz joke, on so many levels - he was the original actor to play Marty McFly before they refilmed it with Fox, and Morty/Rick is a spoof on Marty/Doc, and Fringe already played with the "in the alternate universe, Back to the Future starred Eric Stoltz" bit... just so many layers of comedic gold in this show.

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote: If there is one stupid Rick, then there must be one smart Morty... the one that is masterminding that entire scheme against the council of Ricks, and was puppeteering the robot. We also now know why Rick set up the entire first episode to have Morty travel with him (with the whole planned gambit with the seed and forcing him through customs to get the parents off his back.) Also, *loved* the Eric Stoltz joke, on so many levels - he was the original actor to play Marty McFly before they refilmed it with Fox, and Morty/Rick is a spoof on Marty/Doc, and Fringe already played with the "in the alternate universe, Back to the Future starred Eric Stoltz" bit... just so many layers of comedic gold in this show.
I was kind of wondering if the "smart Morty" was the "dumb Rick's" Morty. Also, don't watch last night's SHIELD if you haven't seen Cap 2 yet. They straight up spoil the ending of the movie at the end of the episode.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

SDC wrote:Silicon Valley may be the best new show of 2014, not True Detective.

Havent had a chance to see Silicon Valley yet, But True Detective is my fav so far this year.
You sold me two quier giraffes

TOO

Post by TOO »

HBO put the full 1st episode of Silicon Valley on their youtube channel for those that don't have HBO.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:HBO put the full 1st episode of Silicon Valley on their youtube channel for those that don't have HBO.
Thanks for the info, going to check it out right now.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote: If there is one stupid Rick, then there must be one smart Morty... the one that is masterminding that entire scheme against the council of Ricks, and was puppeteering the robot. We also now know why Rick set up the entire first episode to have Morty travel with him (with the whole planned gambit with the seed and forcing him through customs to get the parents off his back.) Also, *loved* the Eric Stoltz joke, on so many levels - he was the original actor to play Marty McFly before they refilmed it with Fox, and Morty/Rick is a spoof on Marty/Doc, and Fringe already played with the "in the alternate universe, Back to the Future starred Eric Stoltz" bit... just so many layers of comedic gold in this show.
I was kind of wondering if the "smart Morty" was the "dumb Rick's" Morty. Also, don't watch last night's SHIELD if you haven't seen Cap 2 yet. They straight up spoil the ending of the movie at the end of the episode.
Didn't dumb rick have a Morty that was chilling with the Ricks and thats when they did the eric stoltz joke? (Hilarious when all the Morty's had the red jacket on at the end when they were being rescued, too...).... Eye patch Morty is the smart one... he was controlling robot Rick. Our Rick said, a cocky Morty is bad business.... and dumb Rick was too nice to be the guy that pissed off smart Morty, IMO.... this sounds like such a stupid conversation, but damn i love that show hehehe.

Ending has been spoiled anyways, because I had to look up what the joke about the Tombstone referenced in another thread was. :)

carey

Post by carey »

Yeah, totally an absurd conversation, but fun. Kind of sad the finale for the season is next Monday. :( Hope something crazy happens.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:Yeah, totally an absurd conversation, but fun. Kind of sad the finale for the season is next Monday. :( Hope something crazy happens.
oh man, geez, carey, is it really over so soon, carey? geez, man, i dunno if i can handle that, carey.

on a serious note (for this conversation, anyways)... if it was really a morty controlling the Rick Robot, maybe he got that smart by downloading the memories from the Ricks...

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote: oh man, geez, carey, is it really over so soon, carey? geez, man, i dunno if i can handle that, carey.

on a serious note (for this conversation, anyways)... if it was really a morty controlling the Rick Robot, maybe he got that smart by downloading the memories from the Ricks...
Yeah, but I don't really understand how downloading the memories would help in the intellect department. I suppose he would have access to all the devices and experiments the Ricks he killed had though.

Yeah, I follow the show on twitter and they said next week is the last for the season. A 10 episode season is kind of weak, but I guess it's pretty standard for a first year show. I just hope they don't go all Venture Bros. on us and take like a 2 year break between seasons. That was brutal.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote: oh man, geez, carey, is it really over so soon, carey? geez, man, i dunno if i can handle that, carey.

Yeah, but I don't really understand how downloading the memories would help in the intellect department. I suppose he would have access to all the devices and experiments the Ricks he killed had though.

Yeah, I follow the show on twitter and they said next week is the last for the season. A 10 episode season is kind of weak, but I guess it's pretty standard for a first year show. I just hope they don't go all Venture Bros. on us and take like a 2 year break between seasons. That was brutal.
Boondocks is finally coming back after an extended break like that, too, and Robot Chicken doesn't seem to be too yearly either. Extended hiatuses suck, but I'd still rather have a long break and get a quality product, then have the long break be the reason for a shitty product, which has definitely happened.. (Heroes Vol 3 comes to mind.)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SDC wrote:Silicon Valley may be the best new show of 2014, not True Detective.
I loved Silicon Valley but to say it is better than True Detective, to me, is absolute absurd statement.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think True Detective has received more praise than it deserves. It was a good show, but without McConaughey and Harrelson it would've been average at best.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I just read Letterman will be replaced by Colbert. Well done CBS.. Well done.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I think True Detective has received more praise than it deserves. It was a good show, but without McConaughey and Harrelson it would've been average at best.
Guess we'll see next season when they use a new cast.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I think True Detective has received more praise than it deserves. It was a good show, but without McConaughey and Harrelson it would've been average at best.

True, but casting is part of the show. That can be said for any good shows.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Anyone seen the 100 on CW? Its supposed to be drawing huge ratings.