Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Spoiler: show/hide
Hard to call it a spoiler when they already showed you who Negan was in a previous episode of talking dead.
OK, then it was a spoiler the first time.
It doesn't give away any plot points. Would saying that the show takes place after a Zombie apocalypse also be a spoiler? Or that it takes place on earth?

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Indy wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Ouch
It certainly would. But it just feels like it won't be.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Hard to call it a spoiler when they already showed you who Negan was in a previous episode of talking dead.
OK, then it was a spoiler the first time.
It doesn't give away any plot points. Would saying that the show takes place after a Zombie apocalypse also be a spoiler? Or that it takes place on earth?
I'm not following your logic. I didn't know who Negan is. I just saw an episode where a woman was in control. Could that be Negan? No, it was spoiled by Talking Dead when they said who the actor would be to play Negan.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Would it be a spoiler to tell you it wasn't Wonder Woman too? I think you are being a bit sensitive here. If you are someone that watches Talking Dead then you are likely a person that hears things about Walking Dead too. And again, I can't say that sharing the casting of current characters is a spoiler.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Would it be a spoiler to tell you it wasn't Wonder Woman too? I think you are being a bit sensitive here. If you are someone that watches Talking Dead then you are likely a person that hears things about Walking Dead too. And again, I can't say that sharing the casting of current characters is a spoiler.
I think you're reading sensitivity into it. It's not really a big deal but it was by definition spoiled.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:Would it be a spoiler to tell you it wasn't Wonder Woman too? I think you are being a bit sensitive here. If you are someone that watches Talking Dead then you are likely a person that hears things about Walking Dead too. And again, I can't say that sharing the casting of current characters is a spoiler.
I think you're reading sensitivity into it. It's not really a big deal but it was by definition spoiled.
I guess it is a difference of opinion. I don't see which actor is cast in which role as a spoiler. So I don't think it is a matter of definition.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They announced who Negan was a long time ago. That does kind of spoil it a little bit, especially when they try to throw us a curve by saying we are all Negan. It also seems like we have spent so much of the season talking about Negan and he has yet to make an appearance. I was also wondering if it was all a mistake killing those people when the girl told Carol and Maggie that they were definitely not the good guys in this. I guess the pictures on the wall kind of reinforced that those guys were not good guys, so they are doing a good job keeping us guessing.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:They announced who Negan was a long time ago. That does kind of spoil it a little bit, especially when they try to throw us a curve by saying we are all Negan. It also seems like we have spent so much of the season talking about Negan and he has yet to make an appearance. I was also wondering if it was all a mistake killing those people when the girl told Carol and Maggie that they were definitely not the good guys in this. I guess the pictures on the wall kind of reinforced that those guys were not good guys, so they are doing a good job keeping us guessing.
I get the feeling we won't see Negan until the season finale.

Comic Spoilers

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Rick and his gang already are VERY well aware that they aren't the good guys. They just aren't quite evil guys...although they would be had things not brought that particular group together. Carol is having a crisis of conscience, but still showed zero hesitation when it came time to kill a living, breathing human being. Rick too.

They don't need to be reminded that they are not good. Although, when Daryl asked at the end, it was pretty damn brilliant writing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

There are no good guys in this walker apocalypse world. Just levels of bad.

But, would it have to be that way? Seems to me that there is safety in numbers. Why can't these groups work together and keep joining up and getting larger and larger? I surmise mostly because it wouldn't make for nearly as good of a drama.

And thanks for the comic spoiler warning, Indy. I didn't read.

"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Ever since Terminus, the dangerous x-factor comes from the living, not the biters ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Superbone wrote:There are no good guys in this walker apocalypse world. Just levels of bad.

But, would it have to be that way? Seems to me that there is safety in numbers. Why can't these groups work together and keep joining up and getting larger and larger? I surmise mostly because it wouldn't make for nearly as good of a drama.

And thanks for the comic spoiler warning, Indy. I didn't read.
It doesn't have to be that way, but it would. The entire show is basically a theatrical demonstration of the prisoners' dilemma. With zombies.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

LazarusLong wrote:Ever since Terminus, the dangerous x-factor comes from the living, not the biters ...
I agree, but I'd say the x-factor has been human from day one. You always know what you are getting either a walker. Not with a person.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

*with a walker

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ghost wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:Ever since Terminus, the dangerous x-factor comes from the living, not the biters ...
I agree, but I'd say the x-factor has been human from day one. You always know what you are getting either a walker. Not with a person.

Agreed. A walker has never really surprised us. The people part goes all the way back to Season 1.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Agreed. A walker has never really surprised us. The people part goes all the way back to Season 1.
They have once. And that didn't seem consistent with their behavior throughout the series. It was when Daryl was with the trio with the girl who had a medical condition (don't remember the details but her medicine was in a cooler). They were visiting the site of her parent's death and they were in two motionless body bags on the ground. She got down on the ground close to them when they suddenly lunged and grabbed her and started eating her.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In the zombie apocalypse that's called a family reunion.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

There's a lot of tribalism occurring in the show, at one level or another.
Some of the tribes are evolved, such as the original crew at Alexandria, the Greene homestead in season 2 and even the "Vatos" who were caring for aging relatives abandoned by workers who left the rest home when the apocalypse took hold.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

A number of ongoing reviewers/bloggers have observed this was one of the lamest episodes in years.