Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: Video Games

Post by Indy »

Yep "awesome" is the right word. My little bro and I played a lot of Sea Battle, Football, and Snafu.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

btw, 93 Suns vs 93 Bulls, full season mod, puts the correct courts, faces, stats, player etc.. i know i have the suns in purple at home, always liked purple better, the white is available tho also
it even gives you the NBA on NBC theme song in game breaks and correct ad's on the billboards (like autozone)

white jerseys

if you do not already have NBA2k14 i would wait for 15 for PC, its going to be up to par w/ the next gen consoles in 15, (14 was the same game as the ps3/360 versions), and the guys on the net make mods each year.. though I would guess being that its totally new code, the next gen ones might take a bit longer than previous years
~~~~~

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

so who else is enjoying Madden 15 so far? Just finished up the skills trainer for it, If you have not done this yet, I recommend completing ALl of them, some nice tips in there
~~~~~

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Agree Sublime. A big fan of Madden 15 thus far. Haven't owned a Madden in 5 or 6 years. So far, so good. The Skills Trainer is a great way to learn some football principles on proper play calling and the full controls (of which there are many). Playing on the Xbox One.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

Is anyone following #gamergate?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

carey wrote:Is anyone following #gamergate?
the website? they have some smoking deals on PC games from time to time if were on the same page
~~~~~

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Is anyone following #gamergate?
I have no idea what you're talking about.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Oh wow, figured you guys would know. Look into Anita Sarkeesian & Zoe Quinn and the incredible backlash they are receiving for calling out how the game industry treats women. There've been more rape threats than you can count. A number of death threats even. All because there's a group of feminists that are tired of seeing women constantly raped and brutalized in games. It's gotten a bit out of control with some of the worst vitriol ever spewed from a certain group of male gamers.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Anyone who's participated in a fair bit of online gaming would probably agree that the community at large is flooded with petulant keyboard bullies. But this type of behavior is pervasive throughout our Internet centric society. Cyberbullying is not unique to gamers or the gaming community. It's just the most accessible and autonomous platform for the masses of inarticulate or willfully ignorant to project the misery of their own existence.

While I agree with a lot of what Quinn has presented, her manner of delivery is equivalent to wearing a meat suit into a lions den and complaining about being eaten alive. On the other hand, she has succeeded in creating substantial relevant discourse on the topic while putting a spotlight on those who continue to perpetuate the current cultural norm. Unfortunately, I can't think of another strategy that would've worked this well to bring attention to this issue.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is pretty awful. Unfortunately I'm not surprised by how awful some people are.

Sent using Tapatalk

TOO

Post by TOO »

Its easy to be a scumbag when youre not held accountable for your actions. Society is gross.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yep. That's why I'm a proponent of using your real name online (although I didn't feel that way 15 years ago when I found this place).

Sent using Tapatalk

TOO

Post by TOO »

So Destiny is on Tuesday, who is getting it?

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So Destiny is on Tuesday, who is getting it?
Stupidly, there's no PC version.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Does Bungie do PC games? I think Halo is there but not sure.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Does Bungie do PC games? I think Halo is there but not sure.
Halo 1 and 2 are on PC,

Destiny will most likely end up on PC, but not right away.
~~~~~

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So Destiny is on Tuesday, who is getting it?
this guy. on ps4
~~~~~

TOO

Post by TOO »

I shall see you then sir. Maybe earlier as I got the digital guardian edition.

carey

Post by carey »

DrSublime wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Does Bungie do PC games? I think Halo is there but not sure.
Halo 1 and 2 are on PC,

Destiny will most likely end up on PC, but not right away.
I don't see the logic behind not putting your games on as many platforms as possible.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!