What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Phoenix219

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Phoenix219 »

Never read any of the books, but I am enjoying the show. There are a lot of parts that strain credibility a bit (machines, cars, equipment surviving that long and still being usable, the cryostasis in general) but it definitely has left enough questions to keep me watching. If those things are so dangerous, I'm not sure how they were able to rebuild the town, and it seems a bit crazy that he would build all of that and kidnap that many people based on a *possibility*, and it seems strange that it would effect literally all of mankind like that; i guess i'm just saying the mechanisms involved are iffy, but the story that is unfolding in real time is very engaging. It took me a minute to figure out the timeline involved and realize that the show tricked me with the order it showed certain scenes.

carey

Post by carey »

No, I hear you. I had the same thoughts.
Spoiler: show/hide
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If you like 30 Rock, Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix is over the top silly in the same way.
Great fucking show! Episode 4 with Martin Short was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Supposedly some guy killed himself due to comparisons between the character Martin played and himself.
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

Anyone else notice how much content there is to watch on TV these days? Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOGo, Showtime even has some good material.

The Daily Show has been streaming all of its shows from the beginning since last week.

Yahoo has a really great show in "Other Space," with the great Joel Hodgson and Trace Beaulieu of MST3K fame, and insanely cute Milana Vayntrub from the AT&T commercials.

There is so much content right now I don't know how anyone could possibly find the time to watch it all.

And there are people out there really acting like they are going to miss Dukes of Hazzard reruns...
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

carey

Post by carey »

Is that official? Does that mean you-know-who is sticking around?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

carey

Post by carey »

There were rumors of a spinoff.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

I think they're forgoing it for now.

I guess Dominic Cooper will be back as Howard Stark on Agent Carter as well. Glad they're keeping the core cast together.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Just starting season 4 of Eastbound and Down on Amazon Prime (HBO Go as well). Very funny. Dark comedy. If Bad Santa offended you, stay away
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't remember; did we talk about Mr. Robot yet in this thread? Hands down the best new series of the year to me. I've watched all 8 of the currently available episodes and love it. Highly recommended if you like trippy psych-thriller dramas.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I keep hearing it recommended. Haven't started yet.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:I can't remember; did we talk about Mr. Robot yet in this thread? Hands down the best new series of the year to me. I've watched all 8 of the currently available episodes and love it. Highly recommended if you like trippy psych-thriller dramas.
Just came here to post about this show. I just finished binge watching the first 8 episodes last night. The lead actor has the most expressive eyes ever.

I also recently binge watched the first 7 episodes of Humans on AMC. Really enjoying that one as well. The season finale is on Sunday.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Are you guys all caught up on Mr. Robot? The other night's episode was awesome. I predicted one twist but not the second (Darlene.) Can't wait for next week's. It's already been renewed for a 2nd season.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Are you guys all caught up on Mr. Robot? The other night's episode was awesome. I predicted one twist but not the second (Darlene.) Can't wait for next week's. It's already been renewed for a 2nd season.
Yeah, I'm caught up.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:No, I hear you. I had the same thoughts.
I was willing to forgive every "hole" because I really enjoyed the show....

until that ending.

God, that terrible ending. Please tell me the book was better.....

What a twist! :P

Haven't watched past episode 2 of Mr. Robot. It rather bored me. I guess I should give it another try.

Really dislike True Detective Season 2.

Scream the TV Show is actually a *lot* better then i expected.

Seriously enjoying "Dark Matter" on Syfy, as well.

carey

Post by carey »

I'm a few eps behind on Wayward Pines because I watch with my gf & it's busy season for her plus she just donated a kidney inJune which apparently is a longer recuperation for the donor versus the recipient.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Have any of you watched Sense8?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:Have any of you watched Sense8?
2 episodes. I like the premise. I'm just not that into it yet so I'm watching it whenever I am bored basically. But really the list of stuff I watch immediately right now is limited to Mr. Robot and Rick & Morty. Hopefully that will change when the Fall season starts. There's a number of interesting shows I'm looking forward to.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:I'm a few eps behind on Wayward Pines because I watch with my gf & it's busy season for her plus she just donated a kidney inJune which apparently is a longer recuperation for the donor versus the recipient.
That is really interesting. I had no idea. I figured the anti-immuno drugs would drastically increase any recovery time. Maybe it is because they recipient is so bad before they get a kidney that anything is an improvement, and your girlfriend had to retrain her body to live on just one.

Hopefully it is all working out well for both of them!