Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Shabazz

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 12:33 am
Shabazz wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:51 pm
I’m also buying the Greg as CEO theory.
No way.
Spoiler: show/hide
It just seems like a plausible ending.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I follow…
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:06 pm
I wonder if...
All time great show. So bummed that it’s over.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Been watching the last season of Fear The Walking Dead. Meh

American Idol was really stacked with talent this year. Of course it turns into a popularity contest after the judges let the fans take over voting and you end up with the most popular people and not necessarily the best singers or performers.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I nailed it.

Really good show, but I’m glad it’s finished. As much as I enjoyed the performances and writing, continuing this backstabbing chess game would’ve been a bad thing for the legacy of the show in the long run.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Good show,

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:52 am

American Idol was really stacked with talent this year. Of course it turns into a popularity contest after the judges let the fans take over voting and you end up with the most popular people and not necessarily the best singers or performers.
I'm way behind on Fear. So many shows I like. Maybe I'll just bail on it. Haven't even started Lucky Hank yet which I hear is very good. And thanks for not spoiling AI as I still have the final episode to go but I just watched the next to last episode so I already know who made the top 3 based on fan voting and I'm assuming he's going to win it all. We Ani was a huge talent that should have made top 3.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I also need to watch all of Arrested Development before I start Succession. Somehow I missed that through the years and it has a lot of my favorite actor/comedians.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 5:11 am
Good show,

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Barry finale discussion
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:18 am
Nodack wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:52 am

I'm way behind on Fear. So many shows I like. Maybe I'll just bail on it. Haven't even started Lucky Hank yet which I hear is very good. And thanks for not spoiling AI as I still have the final episode to go but I just watched the next to last episode so I already know who made the top 3 based on fan voting and I'm assuming he's going to win it all. We Ani was a huge talent that should have made top 3.
Definitely. She was my favorite. I think we will be hearing more from here. Lots of losers have gone on to more success than the winners do.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Pretty appropriate
Last edited by ShelC on Tue May 30, 2023 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

^ Arguably that tweet is a spoiler. Not sure how long we want any spoiler embargo on Succession, but it did just air 1-2 days ago.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Sorry, thought it may have been obscure enough with the one image. Changed it tho.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I enjoyed the latest Indiana Jones movie this past holiday weekend. It felt more like the original one, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:06 am
I enjoyed the latest Indiana Jones movie this past holiday weekend. It felt more like the original one, imo.
Cool! Good to hear. Will check it out. (Once affordable to stream.)

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:06 am
It sounds like it’s bombing in the theatre though. In six months it will be on TV. I wonder if movie theaters are going to survive. Times have changed. People stopped going to theaters. Giant shopping malls are ghost towns and being torn down.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Movie theaters are definitely on the decline but I don't know if IJ5 is a good indicator of things. Ford is 80 and a lot of the fans are probably 30-35+. You're not getting the parents and younger viewers you would for the big Disney cartoon movies or MCU/DCU comic book movies. I think MI6 will be big, so will Barbie and Oppenheimer. After Crystal Skull, I'm not paying for IJ5. I will be seeing Oppenheimer, maybe MI6 and probably Killers of the Flower Moon in October.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

IJ5 was much better than Crystal Skull. Crystal Skull was a disaster and I thought would be my last Indy movie.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wife and I started watching For All Mankind on Apple TV. Where the Soviets landed on the moon first (alternative history Sci-Fi). It has great acting and a great script. We've been loving it. Season 1, Episode 6 at the moment.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton