What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Indy »

As far as X-Files goes, I bailed on it when Mulder was gone, and didn't bother to see the 2nd movie. But it is one of my favorite shows ever. I am actually re-watching it, while listening to The X-Files Files podcast with Kumail Nanjiani. It is great, and gives me plenty of material to watch while I am exercising indoors during the summer here.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Battlestar Galactica remake is up there too.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, that was pretty good. Certainly better than anything on network TV

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is Deadwood good? I watched about 2 episodes of it a few years ago and thought it was okay, kind of a western Game of Thrones. But I didn't get hooked and stopped. Should I try again? What season is the peak/best of the show?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Is Deadwood good? I watched about 2 episodes of it a few years ago and thought it was okay, kind of a western Game of Thrones. But I didn't get hooked and stopped. Should I try again? What season is the peak/best of the show?
It is only 3 seasons, and from what I know about it, it didn't wrap things up. I have heard it is the best 36 hours you can spend on any show.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Just started rewatching Fringe for the 3rd or 4th time; it holds up *so well* upon rewatch, and ties up almost all plot points save for a couple early S1 elements, and has such a good ending!

Person of Interest is one of the best shows on network TV.

Rick and Morty, obviously.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I really enjoyed Fringe, but didn't enjoy the final season as much as the other seasons before it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Oh, yeah. Mustn't forget Fringe. One of my all-time favorites. Loved the final season! It's hard to pull off the future and alternate universes but they did an excellent job!

"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I loved how the final season puts the entire "war" and all of Bell's planning, ZFT, the manifesto, and the goal of the scientific experiments and all of the S1 stuff into a different light, as it was always the Observer Invasion they were fighting against, not the Other Side, making the entire alternate universe side-plot that took Season 2-4, in a way, a red herring.... but not really, since it all was part of the narrative of the human characters and their story, even if it was a diversion from the bookends of the show. I love how what looked like a simple Star Trek joke in S1 from a crazy person ended up being completely true, as well as the paranoid General from early S2. So many tiny plot threads that actually added up big time in the end. My only major questions string from S01E04, and with 5 seasons in play, to just have small questions remaining, is a wonderful thing.

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:Person of Interest is one of the best shows on network TV.

Rick and Morty, obviously.
Yes. PoI is very good. Once they got to the two omnipotent Gods fighting each other it went to another level. I miss Sameen.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Actress got pregnant, twins I think... she will be back this year. A completely random real life incident probably helped make the storyline that much more interesting. Big thumbs up.

I remember a lot of people really disliked her as a character because of who she replaced, and because there has been less screen time for John lately, but man, the world building and scope of the show has gone to fantastic places.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:Are you guys all caught up on Mr. Robot? The other night's episode was awesome. I predicted one twist but not the second (Darlene.) Can't wait for next week's. It's already been renewed for a 2nd season.
Yeah, I'm caught up.
Spoiler: show/hide
OK, now it makes sense.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm surprised at the lack of love "The Shield" is getting here. I assume it's because most of you didn't watch it. That needs to be corrected. Probably my second favorite series ever after Breaking Bad (I haven't seen The Wire yet).

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:I'm surprised at the lack of love "The Shield" is getting here. I assume it's because most of you didn't watch it. That needs to be corrected. Probably my second favorite series ever after Breaking Bad (I haven't seen The Wire yet).
Cap has been a big proponent of The Shield for a long time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

(I haven't seen The Wire yet)
By the way, this should be considered blasphemy.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
(I haven't seen The Wire yet)
By the way, this should be considered blasphemy.
Yep! Way down in the hole.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:I'm surprised at the lack of love "The Shield" is getting here. I assume it's because most of you didn't watch it. That needs to be corrected. Probably my second favorite series ever after Breaking Bad (I haven't seen The Wire yet).
Great series. One of the most heartbreaking character deaths ever in that final season.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Great series. One of the most heartbreaking character deaths ever in that final season.
Also the best series finale I've ever seen. Hands down.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Been watching the Strain since the beginning. I like it, but they seemed to take all the popular sci fi/horror shows of the past and try to roll it into one show. A little fabricated, but entertaining none the less.

Haven't seen the Shield.

I am sick of cop/detective shows. There have been so many in my lifetime that they all bore me to tears now. For some reason my wife and I like Blue Bloods. It seems like it was written for Republicans because the story revolves around the Reagan family who is a Conservative family in NYC. The elder grandfather is the ex Police Commisioner of NYC. His Son is played by Tom Selleck and is the acting Police Commisioner of NYC. His daughter is the deputy District Attourney of NYC. His son is a Police detective played by Donnie Whalburgh. His other son is a regular beat cop. Foe some reason we both like this show. Donnie Whalburgh has really impressed me as an actor. He was made for this role. The family is tight and they all get together every Sunday for dinner around a big table. I used to watch the Andy Griffith Show as a kid and in a way it reminds me of that because they are always doing the right thing. In other shows its about who is getting money under the table and who is screwing who over, but in this show the family is always doing what is right even if it means they get hurt in the process. They say grace at dinner and talk about god a lot. like I said, it seems like it was made for Republicans, but I still like it anyway. :D

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mr. Robot discussion:
Spoiler: show/hide