Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:13 pm
Did you watch Discovery season 2? It's basically the prologue to Strange New Worlds. Such a great season.

If you like really clever sci-fi/time travel... There's a series on netflix called "Dark" that's english dubbed (it's only downfall... but it's done really well) that's really well written.
Oh, yeah. I have watched all of Discovery. Only one more season, I understand, but not coming until 2024. In fact, I like SNW so much that I went back and rewatched the Enterprise-centric episodes of Disc S2 recently. Yes, loved Dark. I’ve learned to always watch foreign movies and shows with the original language and English subtitles.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I watched part of Discovery that was free. Then they wanted to charge. If seems there are so many different streaming services or premium plus channels on cable out there that you got to have 15 different subscriptions to watch all the shows you want. I only like one show on this network and I have to buy all of them to watch it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:37 pm
I watched part of Discovery that was free. Then they wanted to charge. If seems there are so many different streaming services or premium plus channels on cable out there that you got to have 15 different subscriptions to watch all the shows you want. I only like one show on this network and I have to buy all of them to watch it.
You don’t have to have them all at once. I cycle between them depending on what I want to watch.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Witcher season 3 was really good. Better than 2. Best season yet.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:37 pm
I just cycle through them throughout the year once shows hit…. What’s going to suck is when we have a content drought because of the writers strike. :oops:

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:09 am
Witcher season 3 was really good. Better than 2. Best season yet.
Dang good show… I’m on episode 4 of season 3. So bummed Henry cavil quit… don’t think Liam hemsworth is a bad actor, but just don’t see him as Geralt.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, I’m finally watching For All Mankind. I’m in the middle of S1 E6.
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Killers of the Flower Moon was unnecessarily long and quite mediocre, IMO. It's an important story to tell but I left the theater bummed out and will never consider watching it again.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I've read some good reviews but didn't feel like any of them were like "WOW GO SEE IT", which I thought might've been due to the story. I didn't know it was 3 1/2 hrs long, which seems excessive and will probably hurt it in the theaters and with some viewers. I don't mind long movies but not sure this story needed that kind of length since it's pretty straight forward. I think Scorsese feels a certain freedom working with companies like Netflix and Apple, where he's allowed to make the movie he wants instead of being restrained by execs telling him to edit or cut it down to a more manageable run time. Sometimes being reigned in can be helpful. The Irishman was 3 1/2 hrs long too and felt longer. None of his other movies were over 3 hrs.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hmm. That's disappointing. I'll wait until it is streaming on Apple TV to watch.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OK, finished the last episode of S3 of For All Mankind last night. Ready for the debut of S4 on Friday. Curious your thoughts on it, AIG. I didn’t see any comments from you after the gut punch at the end of S2. Also, since I was caught up on everything recent in the Star Trek universe, I dropped Paramount+ and started up Hulu again. Fun watching S3 of Only Murders in the Building and returning to the mid season 2 of Reservation Dogs with another season available after that. Also watched Quiz Lady last night and enjoyed it. Nice surprise cameo at the end.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:52 pm
OK, finished the last episode of S3 of For All Mankind last night. Ready for the debut of S4 on Friday. Curious your thoughts on it, AIG. I didn’t see any comments from you after the gut punch at the end of S2. Also, since I was caught up on everything recent in the Star Trek universe, I dropped Paramount+ and started up Hulu again. Fun watching S3 of Only Murders in the Building and returning to the mid season 2 of Reservation Dogs with another season available after that. Also watched Quiz Lady last night and enjoyed it. Nice surprise cameo at the end.
► Show Spoiler
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:51 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
💯

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hi all; I haven't dropped by this thread in a while. My wife and I were watching The Bear most recently and quite enjoyed that. Now we're kind of searching for a new show. We are kind of watching sitcoms to pass the time until then, like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. We may check out For All Mankind, or maybe Foundation Season 2.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:51 am
Hi all; I haven't dropped by this thread in a while. My wife and I were watching The Bear most recently and quite enjoyed that. Now we're kind of searching for a new show. We are kind of watching sitcoms to pass the time until then, like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. We may check out For All Mankind, or maybe Foundation Season 2.
Foundation season 2 was fantastic! Have you checked out “what we do in the shadows”? “Letterkenny”?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AIG, have you watched S4, E1 yet of FAM? I watched last night.
► Show Spoiler

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I haven't seen it yet but plan to watch with my wife as soon as I get back from Indianapolis on Friday.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Joe Picket on paramount+ is pretty good. Just finished the first season and started the second. Guy who plays Gordo in FAM is the main character Joe Picket.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:50 am
Joe Picket on paramount+ is pretty good. Just finished the first season and started the second. Guy who plays Gordo in FAM is the main character Joe Picket.

Before FAM, I knew him from a show called Patriot on amazon which I absolutely loved. It's a pitch-black spy comedy that's got a unique rhythm compared to anything else on TV. Strong recommendation on that one.