What TV shows are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SDC

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:
carey wrote:
SDC wrote:
I love season 1 of HOC, but the show went "Newsroom" Season 2 (meaning: it's awful!)
Disagree. His crazy plan, when it comes together, looks absolutely genius.

You like Dads? Really? I don't know anyone that likes Dads.
Dads was funny in that shock / stupid Family Guy kind of way. I'll be surprised if it comes back.
brenda song is surprisingly hot for an east asian girl.

SDC

Post by SDC »

I give CHOZEN and FROM DUSK TILL DAWN high ratings.

watch for callie hernandez on the first ep of "from dusk till dawn" and a tied-up samantha esteban in ep 3.

carey

Post by carey »

SDC wrote: brenda song is surprisingly hot for an east asian girl.
... for an east asian girl? My Filipino gf thinks you're a dick.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Oh shit son.

FTR, I think Brenda Song is stupid hot for any location.

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:
being called "east asian" is offensive now? your girlfriend is an idiot then.

TOO

Post by TOO »

C'mon now, more TV, less personal insults. :geek:

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I watch a ridiculous amount of tv. Not much else to do at 4am after working 10+ hours. I'm stuck in my pizzeria (late night delivery service) 7 days a week and have a couch and tv in back, with endless space. Good idea. More TV talk. Just started Helix. Seems very X Filesy. Arrow and Person of Interest are reaching new heights. Just saw the How I Met Your Mother finale. God, I watch too much tv. Lol.

BTW, I got my 4TB hard drive (WD My Book) and my DVD player (Sony Bluray) doesn't read it, its too big. It runs the 2TB WD just fine. Does anyone have any idea what brand of player will support the new large external hard drives?

Also, I can't suggest enough, if anyone is a fan of the original Star Trek (60s style, not the new movies) - check out Star Trek Continues. Its a web show, but it blows the doors off any fan production i've ever seen before. http://www.startrekcontinues.com They have 2 full length, quality productions so far.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

SDC wrote:
carey wrote:
I'd say rather, the implication that most east asian girls are not hot, and that it is a surprise. :)

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:
SDC wrote:
carey wrote:
I'd say rather, the implication that most east asian girls are not hot, and that it is a surprise. :)
filipinos are southeast asians. orientals are from east asia. (japs, koreans, chinese)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asia

most east asian girls are less known for looks but more associated with smarts, competence (future tiger moms)

SDC

Post by SDC »

planning to watch guillermo del toro's "the strain" and try out Mixology.

carey

Post by carey »

Idk if you're trolling but if you keep using racist language like "orientals," which refers to objects not people you idiot, "japs," and what not you won't be able to post here anymore.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Did anyone watch this week's episode of Arrow? I thought it was amazing!

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote:Did anyone watch this week's episode of Arrow? I thought it was amazing!
Thanks for reminding me. 2 more days till Game of Thrones!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Wally_West wrote:Did anyone watch this week's episode of Arrow? I thought it was amazing!
Yeah, its getting really fantastic, although I wish they would show that its either the mirakuru making Slade this crazy, or blame it on a code of honor/friendship for Shado and her father, rather than this "love" that never existed. I also reallllly hope they don't do away with Sara, just to follow comic book lore and turn Laurel into Canary. Laurel is the weakest link on the show. And does anyone else think that Detective lance HAS to know, and is just playing *extremely* stupid about it?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

carey wrote:Idk if you're trolling but if you keep using racist language like "orientals," which refers to objects not people you idiot, "japs," and what not you won't be able to post here anymore.
If you're trying to make a point by being the bigger man, lets not call people idiots?

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:
carey wrote:Idk if you're trolling but if you keep using racist language like "orientals," which refers to objects not people you idiot, "japs," and what not you won't be able to post here anymore.
If you're trying to make a point by being the bigger man, lets not call people idiots?
I'm not trying to be a bigger man. I'm making a point that calling Asians orientals is extraordinarily offensive to them. And it IS idiotic.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:
I'm not trying to be a bigger man. I'm making a point that calling Asians orientals is extraordinarily offensive to them. And it IS idiotic.
That's why i used a very specific term "East Asian" girl. but two phx members seem to find this harmless term offensive. Oriental isnt offensive, who told you that. it's not the equivalent of n*****, wetback or chink.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SDC wrote:
carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:
That's why i used a very specific term "East Asian" girl. but two phx members seem to find this harmless term offensive. Oriental isnt offensive, who told you that. it's not the equivalent of n*****, wetback or chink.
Oh boy...

carey

Post by carey »

SDC wrote:That's why i used a very specific term "East Asian" girl. but two phx members seem to find this harmless term offensive. Oriental isnt offensive, who told you that. it's not the equivalent of n*****, wetback or chink.
An actual Asian person! You go out and call an Asian person an Oriental and tell me how it goes. It's not the term East Asian that was offensive, jesus can you be so dense. It's that you said "Strong is hot for an East Asian girl." That's just like "X is hot for a black girl" or "Y is hot for a gay guy." I don't know what your deal is but you clearly don't get it so I'm stopping any and all future discussion with you and putting you back on ignore like I have you on the rest of the Suns message boards.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:
SDC wrote:That's why i used a very specific term "East Asian" girl. but two phx members seem to find this harmless term offensive. Oriental isnt offensive, who told you that. it's not the equivalent of n*****, wetback or chink.
An actual Asian person! You go out and call an Asian person an Oriental and tell me how it goes.
there are many types of asians: the malays, the arabs, the indios, the east asians aka orientals.