Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Post by AmareIsGod »

Figured we should have a separate thread for those wanting to avoid spoilers as the other Game of Thrones thread has been open for some time with a spoiler(s) warning. That thread (which I haven't entered, for obvious reasons) probably has a lot of speculation and leaks about what has or may happen.

This discussion is in line with the season as it occurs.

Episode 1. Let's discuss.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Re: Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current, non-Spoilers)

Post by Indy »

Actually it should not say spoilers. Because they are only spoilers if you are not current on the show.

AmareIsGod

Re: Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Post by AmareIsGod »

That red head. She sure got old fast.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I don't understand the time limit on spoilers for this thread. As it happens? So I can't post my analysis of the advance copy of the show I get through my HBO UltraAwesomeWeLoveYouGhost subscription? Oh...fair enough. Can I live post the episode as it happens if I watch it while visiting my sister in DC?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ghost wrote:I don't understand the time limit on spoilers for this thread. As it happens? So I can't post my analysis of the advance copy of the show I get through my HBO UltraAwesomeWeLoveYouGhost subscription? Oh...fair enough. Can I live post the episode as it happens if I watch it while visiting my sister in DC?
Yes. No. Yes.

Ghost

Re: RE: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Post by Ghost »

Indy wrote:
Ghost wrote:I don't understand the time limit on spoilers for this thread. As it happens? So I can't post my analysis of the advance copy of the show I get through my HBO UltraAwesomeWeLoveYouGhost subscription? Oh...fair enough. Can I live post the episode as it happens if I watch it while visiting my sister in DC?
Yes. No. Yes.
Fair enough!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Wait... What if I time travel but my phone is stuck on 2016 time?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ghost wrote:Wait... What if I time travel but my phone is stuck on 2016 time?

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Indy wrote:

What if we already have because I'm from the future?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Ghost wrote:
Indy wrote:

*hits blunt*

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ghost wrote:
Indy wrote:

Then shouldn't you know how it turns out?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

This starting to turn into an Alan Watts lecture.

*grabs popcorn*

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Just pressing "Play" on S06E02! Hoping it's more exciting and that its plots make more sense than last week's. Gogogo!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Anybody else watched it yet? Discuss? I don't want to be the first to post any spoilers.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I saw it.

I felt like that was going to happen as soon as Season 5 ended and I saw Melisandre riding in. She has a penchant for these kinds of things with her continued showing of magic.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Anyone else bored stupid with anything happening in Kings Landing? As soon as Cersei, Jamie or that wacko priest guy show up I almost instantly gravitate towards looking at random shit on my phone. Anything in Meereen is almost as bad, if it weren't for the little drunk and dragons I'd be MIA on those scenes too.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty much checked out on anything not involving a Stark character or the "great war", whenever the hell that'll happen.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Anyone else bored stupid with anything happening in Kings Landing? As soon as Cersei, Jamie or that wacko priest guy show up I almost instantly gravitate towards looking at random shit on my phone. Anything in Meereen is almost as bad, if it weren't for the little drunk and dragons I'd be MIA on those scenes too.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty much checked out on anything not involving a Stark character or the "great war", whenever the hell that'll happen.
Nope.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

I would say that so far this year I am not highly engaged in any plot line.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:I would say that so far this year I am not highly engaged in any plot line.
Same here. It's becoming apparent that the books were carrying the show as these first 2 episodes have been either highly predictable or highly boring.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:I would say that so far this year I am not highly engaged in any plot line.
Same here. It's becoming apparent that the books were carrying the show as these first 2 episodes have been either highly predictable or highly boring.
I would disagree with the statement about the books. I just think that after a while, the same stories start to get old. Right now I don't feel there is any weight to what is happening in any story. You knew that Aria would eventually be trained again. You knew that John would come back (in some way). You could see the empire the Mother of Dragons built was crumbling before this season started. Right now, I feel like nothing has happened in 2 hours because we just rehashed things we knew were going to happen. I think the previous two seasons felt that way for long stretches too. I get the feeling they save up all of their drama/action for 2-3 episodes per season now.