Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Ghost

Re: Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Post by Ghost »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I don't hate the dumb jokes. The khal being given a hard time by his bloodriders about the best things in life was ok and I actually liked the talk in dothraki about Danny's grey junk. Btw, can't understand why her eyes are not violet like in the books.

Not watched last night's episode yet.
The scene about the best tings in life was actually hilarious, I thought.

As for the eyes...this is not a dig on you at all, but these are the complaints that make me just roll my own eyes back so far in my head. The eyes aren't violet because honestly, that's an exceptionally trivial point. I've read all the books and I barely even remember that detail, as it is irrelevant to her character except to make her cooler. But she's got dragons and is about as gangsta as you get, so she doesn't need novelty contacts. Are you spend time thinking about why Tyrion isn't actually completely hideous physically, but is instead just small? I get the complaints about major plot changes, although I think those have mostly been smart considering the book to screen transition (ep 4 proved this on one major change).

To be fair, I know you weren't even really complaining. But I don't get why people spend energy thinking about that sort of minutiae *cough*Mori*cough*.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Personally I don't spend time. It just pops. Tyrion had his face wrecked in the books and gets away with a minor scar. Daario Naharis had his beard dyed golden and blue no less and was flanboyant to the extreme. Tywin Lannister was bald and had huge sideburns.

Can't say it bothers me, but if it was me in charge I would have respected those details for sure.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

That shit ruined my night.
Spoiler: show/hide
Book spoilers
Spoiler: show/hide

Indy

Post by Indy »

Was the Hodor thing tonight in the books?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

That was a very "Lost"-y scene. Reminded me of the episode "The Constant."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This episode will forever change my vernacular. Hoe-de-doe has now become Hodor. What a legend.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:That was a very "Lost"-y scene. Reminded me of the episode "The Constant."
Great comparison, but I'd personally go with "Not Penny's Boat" from Through the Looking Glass.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Indy wrote:Was the Hodor thing tonight in the books?
Don't know. After the third book or so I started to skip those chapters and never looked back. Same with Catelyn and her company.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:That was a very "Lost"-y scene. Reminded me of the episode "The Constant."
Same director. He did a wonderful job.

carey

Post by carey »

No.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Man last night's episode was great. This season has really come around. After S06E01 I was pretty concerned, but the season has really turned out to be an all-timer. So many huge reveals and twists.

But it really makes me think that GRRM has screwed up royally. Think of how neat it would have been for him if *he* could have been the one to reveal all of this stuff. Origin of the Others, explanation of Hodor, ... super cool.

I also found myself wondering if they were going to do C.hands now from the books. Him and/or L.S.H. Thought they'd decided to skip both of those storylines, but we'll see. Lot of episodes still remain.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
No.
So I 20 year mystery tied up perfectly. Wow.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
No.
So I 20 year mystery tied up perfectly. Wow.
Rumor has it that GRRM told them about it. I suppose it's in the next book?

carey

Post by carey »

Not a rumor. The show runners said it was straight from GRRM. I imagine there will be a number of things like that this season.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I wish they wouldnt post these video interviews right after the episode where they say "GRRM told us this is what happens." It ruins the suspense of wondering whether the book will do some of these moments. It is going to be a real bummer to read Winds of Winter when-and-if it comes out.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I wish they wouldnt post these video interviews right after the episode where they say "GRRM told us this is what happens." It ruins the suspense of wondering whether the book will do some of these moments. It is going to be a real bummer to read Winds of Winter when-and-if it comes out.
Hey, at least its still a mystery whether or not the stage actor playing Joffery has warts on his cock in the books too. ;)

carey

Re: RE: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 6 (Current)

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I wish they wouldnt post these video interviews right after the episode where they say "GRRM told us this is what happens." It ruins the suspense of wondering whether the book will do some of these moments. It is going to be a real bummer to read Winds of Winter when-and-if it comes out.
Welcome to how show watchers that haven't read the books have felt for 5 years?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Episode 6: not bad.

This is a little cut up of Bran's visions that helps catch some of the details.

I'm a little lost with the whole Blackfish and prisoner Edmure Tully stuff. Anyone care to break it down?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Why hasn't anyone posted in here yet!?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I can't wait!!!