New band promo video

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: New band promo video

Post by Superbone »

Cool, thanks 'Dack. I'll relay the info to her.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I'll be looking for your mom tonight Superbone.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:I'll be looking for your mom tonight Superbone.
Sorry, not tonight Nodack. She's with me here in California right now. :D She's heading back next week. Hope you had a good gig and a large turnout!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The gig was rough. I developed a thing called Atrial Flutter a few months ago. Half of your heart all of the sudden wants to go crazy fast while the other side is regular speed and it sends your heart rate in the 200s. I ended up in the hospital. They got it to go back to a sinus rhythm after a week and they followed it up with Oblation surgery a few weeks later. They send a thing up your groin and to your heart and they microwave or zap parts of your heart to keep it from firing off.

I had been fine after that for a couple of months but, then on Tuesday it came back with a vengeance. The cardiologist said the surgery is 90% successful but, I guess I was in that 10% range. They are gong to try the same surgery in a few weeks. They said I could go to the hospital if it got too bad. I wasn't interested and just rested and took the same beta blockers and blood thinners they gave me last time prevent a stroke and try to slow your heart down. Unfortunately I had gigs Friday and Saturday.

Friday at the gig was rough. You feel like you just ran a half mile just standing. Singing was a real challenge. I was singing the second to last song of the nigh and started getting sick and stopped singing the last part just to keep from blowing chunks all over the audience. As soon as the song ended I headed for the restroom and barely made it before loosing my lunch.

I'm glad your mother missed it. It wasn't the best day to see me. I just finished a gig in Flagstaff tonight and the thin air didn't help at all. The leader usually mixes sound but, he played guitar a lot while I sat in a chair trying to stay calm and only sang or played when necessary and got through the gig.

Last time the Atrial Flutter thing lasted a week until popping into sinus rhythm at 2 am. As soon as it does it's like a switch and you are as right as rain. It's been 6 days so hopefully tonight it goes back to normal. It sucks getting old :) Hopefully they will get the surgery right this next time because Atrial Flutter is no fun.

BTW the surgery is outpatient and you feel nothing. The scar is about 1/8 long. Pretty amazing that they can do stuff like that.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

That's rough, Nodack. I hope the doctors get it figured out.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thanks, me too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow, Nodack. Really sorry to hear that. I hope you're better very soon.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Feel better man-without-dack. [PURPLE HEART]
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack, please keep us informed on your situation. When is the surgery scheduled?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hi guys. I had the Atrial Flutter thing for 8 days. I had a two day out of town gig on the weekend coming up and didn't want to go through that in my condition and decided to go to the hospital to see if they can do the shock thing they were going to do the first time it happened. The first time I was in they scheduled the shock thing but, I went into sinus rhythm on my own at 2 am that morning and was able to avoid it. Anyway, I went there and they put me under and shocked me twice and when I woke up I was as right as rain and have been ever since. I feel great and the gig went great. I go in for the same surgery in two weeks (26th) to see if they can't get it right this time so it doesn't come back.

Thanks for the support guys.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Glad to hear it, Nodack! Scary stuff. Hoping for the best. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on the 26th.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thanks Superbone. The surgery is a piece of cake on my end. A tiny scar an 1/8 inch long, zero pain and I go home the same day or maybe overnight. The Cardiologist is suppost to be really good. He's my aunts Cardiologist and another friends as well.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Thoughts are with you Nodack. I have some experience with those ablation catheters, and have watched quite a few of those procedures. It really is amazing how they get them to the right square couple of millimeters in your heart to burn/freeze away the over-acting tissue.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Hang in there, 'dack. It must be weird to have something where you mostly feel great all the time until BAM, you have something that feels like a heart attack for 8 straight days.

Let us know how the surgery goes on the 26th.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Will do.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If you mom is still interested Friday we are playing WHP again Superbone.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:If you mom is still interested Friday we are playing WHP again Superbone.
Thanks, I'll let her know!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:If you mom is still interested Friday we are playing WHP again Superbone.
Thanks, I'll let her know!
Ah, she would have loved to go but she had already commited to going to the symphony that night.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Latest video.
Cake by the ocean