Dallas shooting

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Dallas shooting

Post by AmareIsGod »

Things just keep spiraling out of control. 2016 has been a horrible year for humanity. I'm legitimately concerned more than I ever have been in my life about the future of mankind.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Re: Dallas shooting

Post by Indy »

The future of mankind has always been in doubt. I assume we will eventually destroy ourselves.

I really wonder what it was like in the mid to late 60s in the US. Can you imagine if everyone had an instantly available live-streaming device available to them back then?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:The future of mankind has always been in doubt. I assume we will eventually destroy ourselves.

I really wonder what it was like in the mid to late 60s in the US. Can you imagine if everyone had an instantly available live-streaming device available to them back then?
This is true. With the instant access of information at our fingertips and phones recording everything as it happens. Imagine during segregation and daily police brutality? Or having this technology and instant access during the founding of our country? I can't imagine what would be shared and readily known.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Two steps forward, one step back.

It's all sad news right now. Everybody hating everybody.

United We Stand...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:Two steps forward, one step back.

United We Stand...
Unfortunately that has never been the case in this country.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:Two steps forward, one step back.

United We Stand...
Divided We Fall. It's got to get better. It HAS to. I still have faith in my fellow humans that we'll figure it out.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This election cycle only ramps up the rhetoric. Everybody assigning blame.

The Black cop killer only proves that all Blacks are bad people.
The White cops killing Blacks only proves that all White cops are bad people.
Muslim terrorists only prove that all Muslims are bad people.
Hillary lying about her emails only proves that all Liberals are bad people.
Bush lying about WMD proves that all Republicans are bad people.
The Oklahoma Bomber only proves that all white Christian ex military people are bad people.
Illegal alien drug dealers prove that all Hispanics are bad people.

People are bad.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Strangely, Donald Trump had a very good statement he released today about this. Clearly someone in his team got to him.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

And I'm sure he had nothing to do with authoring it either. Glad he can read though.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

"3 Dallas Cops killed, 7 wounded. This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out black lives matter punks. Real America is coming after you," tweeted Walsh, a former tea party congressman from Illinois and now a conservative talk radio host."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/ ... index.html

carey

Re: RE: Re: Dallas shooting

Post by carey »

Nodack wrote:"3 Dallas Cops killed, 7 wounded. This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out black lives matter punks. Real America is coming after you," tweeted Walsh, a former tea party congressman from Illinois and now a conservative talk radio host."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/ ... index.html
Then was on CNN last night. What a joke that news channel has become. Then Megyn Kelly said some ridiculous shit about why Castille's girlfriend didn't do more to try and save him while a homicidal asshole had a gun on her yelling not to move. I hate these media assholes so much.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

The problem is that the people in the media are saying things that millions and millions of people in this country already believe.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It seems like the movie Network predicted the future of journalism. The news entities realized that there was more money in being opinionated and loud than there was in being factual, detailed, and accurate.