Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:The Kawhi thing is really odd. My gut was telling me they were just holding him out but I can't believe they'd do it this long. Maybe they would tho, I wouldn't put anything past Pop.

BTW Bone....what happened last week???
I think we'll see him back soon now that Kyle Anderson is out for an extended period. I can't really believe that I just typed out that last sentence...
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
ShelC wrote:The Kawhi thing is really odd. My gut was telling me they were just holding him out but I can't believe they'd do it this long. Maybe they would tho, I wouldn't put anything past Pop.

You rubbing it in? My best players are injured. That's what happened. Already had to dump Paul Millsap and Wall has been injured for an extended amount of time.
Oh so ShelC is ProjectMayhem 8-) , based on the quality of his posts on the forum can't say I'm surprised he has a good squad :) . I am looking like Huskies latest victim this week who's team has been rolling so far, not even sure they have lost a matchup yet :shock: 8-) . well I'm enjoying the League , my two leagues I have been playing forever are a 10team and a 12team both with 82move limit so this has been a challenge. I trying to hang in but do feel like a Rook so far lol, you guys destroyed my draft board and I keep doing a wait n see on some pickups then missing the player :oops:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Ha thanks! I'm taking hits every night tho...No Hardaway Jr, no DeAngelo, no Booker. I need some firepower.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Ha thanks! I'm taking hits every night tho...No Hardaway Jr, no DeAngelo, no Booker. I need some firepower.
Boo hoo. :P
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

My teams been pretty healthy :D

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Hahahaaa ShelC already added Okafor 8mins ago , geeeez

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

bajanguy008 wrote:Hahahaaa ShelC already added Okafor 8mins ago , geeeez
I missed him by 10 minutes!
Feel like I've been treading water with Kawhi yet to play and now Griffin out for a long time (who saw that coming?!?!)

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Superbone wrote:

You rubbing it in? My best players are injured. That's what happened. Already had to dump Paul Millsap and Wall has been injured for an extended amount of time.
Oh so ShelC is ProjectMayhem 8-) , based on the quality of his posts on the forum can't say I'm surprised he has a good squad :) . I am looking like Huskies latest victim this week who's team has been rolling so far, not even sure they have lost a matchup yet :shock: 8-) . well I'm enjoying the League , my two leagues I have been playing forever are a 10team and a 12team both with 82move limit so this has been a challenge. I trying to hang in but do feel like a Rook so far lol, you guys destroyed my draft board and I keep doing a wait n see on some pickups then missing the player :oops:
My reign in first place probably won't last. I'm starting to get hit with the injury bug, Fournier is out, Draymond misses time, LeBron will end up resting at some point maybe, so I'll enjoy the ride while I can.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

14 team league and only the top 6 make it?!?!? Should be top 8!!! Of course I'm complaining because I finished 8 but still....I clearly had the best roster. Just got hit with injuries and couldn't recover. The rest of you are just lucky.

Until next season.....

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I was ruined by a terrible start. Some players were injured, some were just terrible, but I lost the first 4 weeks including a 1-8 loss to The Commissioner. Went 11-5 from there on, but the damage was done :)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, all my top guys got injured. I was doomed early on and it only got worse.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was pretty lucky health wise. Vucevic was my only injury to one of my top guys and he's back now for the playoffs. Just gotta hope Orlando doesn't sit him as a tanking measure

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Winning at fantasy sports is about 90% luck and 10% paying attention to what's happening. I got lucky that AD has stayed mostly healthy and Cousins went out for the season, but unlucky that KP tore his ACL.

Regardless of whatever crazy shit happens in the playoffs, I'm still pretty happy with my drafting skills. Ben Simmons in round 4 (rank 41), Taj Gibson in round 10 (rank 39), Kyle Kuzma in round 12 (rank 99), and Denzel Valentine in round 14 (rank 98).
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Winning at fantasy sports is about 90% luck and 10% paying attention to what's happening. I got lucky that AD has stayed mostly healthy and Cousins went out for the season, but unlucky that KP tore his ACL.

Regardless of whatever crazy s*** happens in the playoffs, I'm still pretty happy with my drafting skills. Ben Simmons in round 4 (rank 41), Taj Gibson in round 10 (rank 39), Kyle Kuzma in round 12 (rank 99), and Denzel Valentine in round 14 (rank 98).
My biggest regret is I almost drafted Donovan Mitchell with my last pick. I took Jonathan Isaac instead.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:Winning at fantasy sports is about 90% luck and 10% paying attention to what's happening. I got lucky that AD has stayed mostly healthy and Cousins went out for the season, but unlucky that KP tore his ACL.

Regardless of whatever crazy s*** happens in the playoffs, I'm still pretty happy with my drafting skills. Ben Simmons in round 4 (rank 41), Taj Gibson in round 10 (rank 39), Kyle Kuzma in round 12 (rank 99), and Denzel Valentine in round 14 (rank 98).
My biggest regret is I almost drafted Donovan Mitchell with my last pick. I took Jonathan Isaac instead.
I drafted him :) but he was bad at the start so I dropped him. Yeah...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Hermen wrote:I drafted him :) but he was bad at the start so I dropped him. Yeah...
That's always a fine line with young players. Kuzma started off a little slow until Walton finally gave him consistent minutes and my patience paid off. On the other hand, I've held on to Chriss for basically the whole season and I hate that fucking bum.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That was fun. I think I'll play again next year if you guys want some revenge.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well played!
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm happy I got 3rd... This was my first year making the top bracket for the playoffs.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:That was fun. I think I'll play again next year if you guys want some revenge.
Just peeped back there
So you're RESIST ! 8-)

Congrats man, you basically went wire to wire.
Last edited by bajanguy008 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.