Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Gladiator

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Gladiator »

Can someone refresh my memory, is it possible to trade keeper players for draft picks leading up to the next draft?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yes. Before this past season, we selected keepers a few weeks before the draft. That's the "trade window" for keepers.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

You'd still have to keep the player, then trade him after the draft, right?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Sorry, I forgot to check this forum recently.
pickle wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:15 pm
You'd still have to keep the player, then trade him after the draft, right?
Keepers can be traded before the draft if we run things on the same timeline as this past season. I think we had 1-2 weeks between declaring keepers and the draft.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I’m a little confused. So let’s say I have three guys keeper worthy, so I can trade one of them for a pick and keep the other two? How does that work in practice …?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm just going off of what we did in the past offseason, and it doesn't mean we have to follow the same timeline.

It's fine with me if people make trades at anytime during the offseason.

I think part of the problem with our league communication is that some members are not too engaged in the offseason, sometimes including myself.

pickle

Post by pickle »

It’s cool. I’m not here to stir up controversy. Just saying, since we can’t make trades in the app, how does it happen? Let’s say I trade one of my guys to someone else, we register it with you and you make it happen pre-draft time?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Seems like if you trade a keeper for a pick, you should only be able to keep 1 guy, not 2 anymore.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:01 pm
I think it's time for me to bow out of the league after this season. I just don't have enough time and motivation to put enough into it to be competitive. Start thinking of possible replacement managers if you don't mind or if there are any phx-suns.netters out there seeing this that might be interested in taking over my team. It's been a fun run though. I'd have to go look back at the history but it feels like we've been going for at least 15 years. Remember those Ladmo years? I wonder what ever happened to him?
Just a reminder. Please find a replacement manager for me. It's been a lot of fun over the years and I've enjoyed doing it with you guys!

What's the best way to handle this now that it's a keeper league and all? Is there a way to transfer my team to somebody else in the Yahoo interface? Or is there another way to handle it?
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Yeah there’s a way in the yahoo app/website to transfer the team to a new owner. We’ll miss you Bone.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:32 am
Seems like if you trade a keeper for a pick, you should only be able to keep 1 guy, not 2 anymore.
Maybe there's a misunderstanding with keepers. Keepers are not "locked-in" from season to season. At this point in the offseason, any player is eligible to be traded or kept. The only restriction that is applied to keepers is the number of years a player can be kept by the same manager, which is two.

Keepers still consume a draft spot, so they're already weighted in that way.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:39 pm
Yeah there’s a way in the yahoo app/website to transfer the team to a new owner. We’ll miss you Bone.
Yes, there is. The trouble is finding someone who's both active and a part of our community.

I really would like to avoid it, but we might have to go to 10 teams.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:15 pm
Split T wrote:
Maybe there's a misunderstanding with keepers. Keepers are not "locked-in" from season to season. At this point in the offseason, any player is eligible to be traded or kept. The only restriction that is applied to keepers is the number of years a player can be kept by the same manager, which is two.

But if I trade a player for a pick, then keep 2 players, doesn’t that give me an extra player after the draft? Maybe I’m not understanding correctly

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:00 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:

But if I trade a player for a pick, then keep 2 players, doesn’t that give me an extra player after the draft? Maybe I’m not understanding correctly
Nope. You'd also lose your last round pick because of the roster size limit.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:04 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:00 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:

Nope. You'd also lose your last round pick because of the roster size limit.
Gotcha, ok that makes sense.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Hope we can stay at 12 teams.

Think I need to understand this trade thing better. But maybe after the suns win the chip.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Ok I think I've finally licked my wounds to the point where I can think about basketball again... maybe we can talk about the fantasy league a bit? Can we get back to 12 teams, and clarify that pre-draft trade rule a bit?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've been gathering ideas in my head about what to do for a while now and I think there are two things to address first.

1. If we keep the league at 12 members, I'll have to go outside of our community here to find them. I don't mind doing it, but that'll require us to move most of our communication to a mutual site such as the league page on Yahoo. There are currently two people who've asked to not return (Superbone, Leapin' Lamar), and one who I think should be replaced for inactivity (BookTheGoat).

2. Adding new and members presents an opportunity to "reset" the league. I'm not thrilled about doing it, but it might motivate new members to be more interactive with the rest of the league and a chance to make larger changes to the league rules/settings.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Let me know if you want me to transfer the reins of my team or not.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

So we are down to 9 right now? That's rough... if we are going outside the board, I have a buddy who wants to play. I can try to drag him to this board for at least fantasy communications, but might be harder to turn him into a Suns fan outright...