Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Superbone »

BookTheGoat wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:03 pm
Okay guys just because I did this homer trade doesn’t mean I’m an idiot. So no I will not be trading you Kawhi for Demar Derozan and Andrew Wiggins lol
It wasn't even a homer trade. It's exactly how the draft would have gone down had I known what I was doing for the first pick.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:45 pm
Heads up guys. To utilize the Injury List spot on your roster, you need to switch to 'Classic Mode' at the bottom right of your team page. Then you'll have a drop down option to put the player on the IL. This is the only way I've found to make it work.

I'm not sure how Yahoo will regulate the spot in the future. If a player is coming back from injury, for example.
Is that in addition to the 14 spots? Otherwise, isn't it the same thing to just leave them on the bench?
It's an additional spot, so technically every team has room for 15 players, 14 active.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:54 pm
BookTheGoat wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:03 pm
Okay guys just because I did this homer trade doesn’t mean I’m an idiot. So no I will not be trading you Kawhi for Demar Derozan and Andrew Wiggins lol
It wasn't even a homer trade. It's exactly how the draft would have gone down had I known what I was doing for the first pick.
Not a homer trade, but it would've been a homer pick. :wink:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:03 pm
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Heads up guys. To utilize the Injury List spot on your roster, you need to switch to 'Classic Mode' at the bottom right of your team page. Then you'll have a drop down option to put the player on the IL. This is the only way I've found to make it work.

I'm not sure how Yahoo will regulate the spot in the future. If a player is coming back from injury, for example.
Is that in addition to the 14 spots? Otherwise, isn't it the same thing to just leave them on the bench?
It's an additional spot, so technically every team has room for 15 players, 14 active.
OK, weird that it only shows up in classic mode. Sounds like a bug.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Alright, just tried it. There was no IL spot in the drop down. Just the positions, util, and bench and still only 14 spots.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Alright, just tried it. There was no IL spot in the drop down. Just the positions, util, and bench and still only 14 spots.
You must have an eligible player to see the option in the drop down. However, I'm not sure how Yahoo determines eligibility. Durant has the 'Injured' tag, so that one's obvious. I'm not sure about GTD players.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:

You must have an eligible player to see the option in the drop down. However, I'm not sure how Yahoo determines eligibility. Durant has the 'Injured' tag, so that one's obvious. I'm not sure about GTD players.
What about the 15 spots? I only see 14. So, I should be able to add an injured player then. I'll give that a try.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nope, can't add an injured player. Are you seeing 15 spots on your roster?
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

What about the 15 spots? I only see 14. So, I should be able to add an injured player then. I'll give that a try.
I don't think that'll work, but let us know what happens.

I think players are only eligible for your IL if they are already on your roster. Picking up an injured FA would require dropping a player to put the FA on your bench, then moving him to the IL, thus freeing up a roster spot for a total of 15.

That's just my hunch, but it's kind of a stupid mechanic. Not intuitive.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:24 pm
Yes. I moved Durant to the IL and now have a message notifying me that I have an empty roster spot. I put a waiver claim in on a player, but free agency doesn't open until the 22nd.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:27 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:24 pm
Yes. I moved Durant to the IL and now have a message notifying me that I have an empty roster spot. I put a waiver claim in on a player, but free agency doesn't open until the 22nd.
OK, so you have to have an IL player to start with. I'm sure I'll see a few of those along the way. ;) I'll have to wait until then to try it.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I moved Zion to IL spot no problem. Very easy to do if you use the mobile app. If it’s anything like football, you can only have players on the IL that are out. Anyone with a GTD or Q tag are not gonna be able to go into that spot. Not exactly sure how they’ll enforce taking the player out of the spot, but I’d guess they won’t let you make any roster adjustments until you resolve having a healthy player on the IL.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Stupid IL spot...

pickle

Post by pickle »

I've used this in the past, here is what I know:

1. You can only move guys with "INJ" tag to IR spot, not any of the other tags.
2. You are supposed to be able to pick up a guy from the waiver with IR tag directly into an empty IR spot, but that may or may not be true.
3. Once the guy is in IR, he can stay there forever, even if he becomes healthy. But you will not be able to make any trades and or pick up new players until you move the healthy guy out of the IR spot.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also, personally I'm not a fan of IR spots. Especially in re-draft leagues. It takes away from some of the variety in this game. Ordinarily people need to carry a guy with injury on their active roster and suffer the consequences, and it gives other guys chances to pick up players who they otherwise never would have. IR takes away that additional consideration, to some extent.

Having said that, 1 IR is better than 2 and I'm not advocating a change to the rules.

I would be very much interested in an auction draft, but given that we've turned this into a dynasty league, it'll probably be hard to switch mid-stream. Can be done, just more administrative hassle.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I have the opposite opinion for the most part. I think having an IL spot is crucial in a keeper league. Holding a player with a long term injury in an active spot is essentially conceding an entire season. To me, that's lame and decreases participation for a lot of people.

Take a guy like Luka Doncic, for example.

If he were to suffer a long term injury in November, in a traditional re-draft league, the manager could drop him even though that manager would have a very tough time rebounding from losing a top 30 pick. In a keeper league, that manager would be lose a lot more due to Doncic's potential. So the manager is at a disadvantage for several seasons.

The IL spot doesn't completely negate that disadvantage. It's not meant to. But I believe it has a net benefit to the league as a whole, especially in one that more significantly depends on engagement than a re-draft league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Yeah, it's fine, we have different philosophies. Don't take this as a challenge to the existing rule, my post wasn't intended to debate what's right vs. wrong as I honestly believe there is no right here. I just like it when there's more chances for chaos. Otherwise I have to live through the entire season with the reality that I'm not very good at drafting...

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also, I talk too much... don't take me too seriously. Most of the time I think I'm being neutral and stating facts when in reality I'm projecting an air of being critical. I've been working on this for a long time, and it is getting slightly better in the sense that at least I can tell I'm rubbing people the wrong way post-mortem.

You are doing a fantastic job as the commissioner, and I'm excited to get this season started. Not super excited about my team despite having the 4th pick though.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

So what's the new weird waiver rule?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:22 pm
So what's the new weird waiver rule?
There isn't one.