Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

BigLewy wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:08 pm
Oh that's cool, Middleton is resting tomorrow with a "wrist" injury. Oh well, top seed goes down in an injured heap.
I've been considering making a change to the schedule next season and using this week as the championship round. Not that it would help you much in this situation, but it seems like this is the week when the best players start to take games off before the NBA playoffs.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Yea that might be a good idea. Just annoying when resting players ruins your team. Injuries are part of the game, but resting in these key weeks is beyond frustrating. Would have liked to see how things would have played out. Best year I've ever had and it will go down in flames quickly haha

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:35 pm
BigLewy wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:08 pm
Oh that's cool, Middleton is resting tomorrow with a "wrist" injury. Oh well, top seed goes down in an injured heap.
I've been considering making a change to the schedule next season and using this week as the championship round. Not that it would help you much in this situation, but it seems like this is the week when the best players start to take games off before the NBA playoffs.
We did that in my money league and it was a good change. Even still, I’m in the finals this week and already have Harden and Luka sitting games for rest. Silly season.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Well, good luck in the finals FF. Not much I can do when I have 4 guys per night out resting. What a way to end my season. I'm so far behind that no amount of roster manipulation will matter, and I hate streaming players anyways.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was up 7-1 for like 4 days against bajanguy last week and only got through on a tiebreaker, so I'm not celebrating anything yet. My roster lives and dies with the Charlotte Hornets, the most bi-polar team in the league.

But yeah, I get it. Really bad luck to have so many important guys on your roster sitting out for rest or essentially "injury maintenance".
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You guys talk about moving stuff around but everybody is in the same boat. It's a crapshoot on who's being rested or injured.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I thought I was cooked when Simons and SGA were announced out for the season(mostly SGA as Simons hasn’t been playing anyways) but maybe PG is gonna save me, haha

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, picking up Paul George sure looks to have been huge for you since SGA is done. Minnesota's light schedule also hurts you with KAT this week. It looks like we're set up for a close final, which is good to see.

I'm honestly just happy to have made it this far considering I had the 8th pick and drafted Lillard.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Oof, that’s rough…I felt good about targeting KAT as he’s had a great year, but ya, sucks he’s not playing much this week…Also I might need to remember not to have Thunder players on my roster as they always shut them down…even Tre Mann is being held out and I’m afraid they will shut him down too.

Split T

Post by Split T »

So championship game tie…do I win as the higher seed? Is that how the tie breakers work? Would have won outright if I played Finney-Smith instead of Avdija and got those 2 steals.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Congrats to SplitT who narrowly pulled out a win in the championship week, coming back from a 5-3 deficit to win on a 4-4 tiebreaker. As the league winner, you will be first to select your draft position next season.

I had a good playoff run right up until this past weekend when my waiver wire luck ran out and half of my roster turned in poor scoring and rebounding performances. As I said before, I'm satisfied with making it to the championship round as I had only one player finish in the season total top 25.

I need to check in with him, but we'll have at least one new manager for next season. If anyone isn't interested in participating next season or they know of someone who would like to join, let me know here.

Thanks to everyone for another successful season in the books.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Congratulations

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just went through the motions. Just don’t have a strong desire or inclination to put a lot of time into this. Please find a replacement for me. Thanks.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

The semifinals and the finals were about the tightest fantasy playoffs I’ve been in…drawls and FF, you guys had me worried…looking forward to next year!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The league has been renewed on Yahoo. Everyone except for Superbone was auto-renewed and I have invited a new member to take his place.

If anyone else would like to leave the league, please notify me here by the end of August.

Now is also a great time to suggest any tweaks to the league settings for discussion. I've used my commissioner powers :lol: to move the playoffs to one week earlier in the season. Anything else is up for debate and here are some that I'd like to put on the table.
  • adding a 9th category that isn't turnovers or "double dips" on an existing category
  • 2 permanent IL+ roster spots (we've been inconsistent with this since COVID)
  • better defined acquisition limits (current 8/week and 75/season set up is kinda weird, IMO)
  • roster changes are immediate or "today" (current setting is "tomorrow")

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was gonna suggest both the bottom ones. Feel like if you pick up a player before game time you should be able to play them right away and not have to wait for the next day.

As for the acquisition limit. I think the point is to try and keep someone from just streaming a few roster spots daily. If we still want to avoid that, I’d suggest just a weekly limit of acquisition and no total limit. I’d also be on board with just eliminating any limits altogether.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've gotten word of two more people who'd like to join. How do you guys feel about a 14-team league?

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

I think 14 is too much IMO

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Definitely think there needs to be an acquisition limit. Maybe not weekly, but definitely for the season otherwise people will just be lame and stream bums to stat pad each week.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

It's looking like I'll have to take a pass on the upcoming season. I've got a lot going on - and coming up - and don't think I'll be able to commit the time or effort needed to be a part of this league. I do love it and hope to be able to rejoin in future seasons though, if the possibility is there.