Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Shabazz

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Shabazz »

In. Will let you know about dates.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I'm in as well. The current time of day is good for me (10 in the morning my time). The day of the week doesn't make a huge difference.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

In

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I'm also intereted in fantasy basketball, but I'm a complete noob. I made a team in one of yahoo public leagues this year for the first time, but I'm not sure about how everything works yet. It's a roto league, I know which stats they look at, but I don't know how they are transformed into points, especially with teams having different schedules. And some other stuff.

So anyway, if you have any room left at the bottom of the standings, I'd be happy to join you. I'm from Europe, so time zone is quite different, but that only matters for the draft right?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm in, I'm travelling from 20th to 26th, but don't schedule the draft around me, I'll try to make it work whenever.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Looks like we still just have 13. If 'Bone sent you an invite, sign up or let someone else take your spot!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hermen wrote:I'm also intereted in fantasy basketball, but I'm a complete noob. I made a team in one of yahoo public leagues this year for the first time, but I'm not sure about how everything works yet. It's a roto league, I know which stats they look at, but I don't know how they are transformed into points, especially with teams having different schedules. And some other stuff.

So anyway, if you have any room left at the bottom of the standings, I'd be happy to join you. I'm from Europe, so time zone is quite different, but that only matters for the draft right?
Check your PM.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:Looks like we still just have 13. If 'Bone sent you an invite, sign up or let someone else take your spot!
We actually only had 12 last year. We added you and I just sent an invite link to Herman to hopefully make 14.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Looks like we still just have 13. If 'Bone sent you an invite, sign up or let someone else take your spot!
We actually only had 12 last year. We added you and I just sent an invite link to Herman to hopefully make 14.
My inbox is empty. Maybe because my name s Hermen not Herman :-)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hermen wrote:
Superbone wrote:
My inbox is empty. Maybe because my name s Hermen not Herman :-)
Try it again. It wasn't a typo. I clicked directly on your username.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Any way we can make the draft a few hours earlier that Sunday?

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Shabazz wrote:Any way we can make the draft a few hours earlier that Sunday?
+1

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I'd struggle if it was more than an hour earlier, with the time difference where I am.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Current draft time in my zone is 1:30 am, so even one hour earlier would help a lot. But even if not, it's a one time thing that I'll manage.
I do have a question about the way the league works. If I understand correctly, every week you compete with one other team in 9 stats. If you win in at least five of them, you win the match, which counts for the rankings. Or do the category wins count for the rankings?
Edit: Basically, does winning in 7 categories count for more than winning in 5?

Also, what happens when some players play one game in a week, and some play three? Tough luck, it 'evens out', or is there some other system for compensation?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hermen wrote:Current draft time in my zone is 1:30 am, so even one hour earlier would help a lot. But even if not, it's a one time thing that I'll manage.
I do have a question about the way the league works. If I understand correctly, every week you compete with one other team in 9 stats. If you win in at least five of them, you win the match, which counts for the rankings. Or do the category wins count for the rankings?

Also, what happens when some players play one game in a week, and some play three? Tough luck, it 'evens out', or is there some other system for compensation?
OK, I made it exactly 1 hour earlier which is 3:30 pm PT. I hope that makes it more manageable for everybody.

It's a heads up league so whoever wins the most categories between the two of you, wins that week. There can be ties too. No compensation for number of games as it evens out as all players play the same number of games throughout a season unless they're injured in which case, "tough luck." :)
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:No compensation for number of games as it evens out as all players play the same number of games throughout a season unless they're injured in which case, "tough luck." :)
I was thinking more that you can have a week where your players all play a lot of games which probably gives you an easy win (though it doesn't help with percentages and hurts turnovers...) but can give you an uphill battle in several other weeks where your players will then accordingly have slightly fewer games :)
It's an extreme case anyway, and sports isn't entirely fair all the time :P Thanks for clarifications!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

You used to be able to change your lineup every day, so while your best players may fluctuate, you should have a full lineup every day.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Hermen wrote:Current draft time in my zone is 1:30 am, so even one hour earlier would help a lot. But even if not, it's a one time thing that I'll manage.

OK, I made it exactly 1 hour earlier which is 3:30 pm PT. I hope that makes it more manageable for everybody.

It's a heads up league so whoever wins the most categories between the two of you, wins that week. There can be ties too. No compensation for number of games as it evens out as all players play the same number of games throughout a season unless they're injured in which case, "tough luck." :)
Just to clarify, because I think I know what Hermen is asking. If you beat a team 5-4 in week 1, then you are 5-4-0 and they are 4-5-0. Not 1-0 and 0-1. So it is better to win by more categories.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Just to clarify, because I think I know what Hermen is asking. If you beat a team 5-4 in week 1, then you are 5-4-0 and they are 4-5-0. Not 1-0 and 0-1. So it is better to win by more categories.
Right, good point. The overall wins and losses add up for your overall ranking.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:You used to be able to change your lineup every day, so while your best players may fluctuate, you should have a full lineup every day.
You can change your lineup every day but it doesn't mean you always have a full lineup unless you're one of those ultra effort guys that switch in and out players from their roster every day to make sure they're full. I put some light restrictions in this year to hopefully even the playing field a little. Namely:

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 50
Max Trades for Entire Season: 15
Max Acquisitions per Week: 8

Here are the overall settings:

League ID#: 56283
League Name: Phx-suns.net Vet League
League Logo:
Auto-renew Enabled: Yes
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... hxsuns_net
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sun Oct 23 3:30pm PDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Cash League Settings: Not a cash league Convert to cash league
Max Teams: 14
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 50
Max Trades for Entire Season 15
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: March 2, 2017
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 8
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 20, 21 and 22 (6 teams) Note: Week 22 runs 7 days from Mar 27 to Apr 2
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Invite Permissions: Commissioner Only
Send unjoined players email reminders: Yes
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)
"Be Legendary."