Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I haven't been in the league since 2011-12, but I'd like to get back in if there's an opening.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I haven't been in the league since 2011-12, but I'd like to get back in if there's an opening.
IM me your email.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Is the draft really offline?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Is the draft really offline?
No. I'll take a look tonight. It's always been online. The problem has always been when the best time is that works for most.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We currently have an odd number and will need to get to an even number. So we either need to add another or lose one of the current managers.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ah, got it.

I'm probably going to be one of the more difficult people to schedule the draft time around since I'm living in Korea. I'm currently 16 hours ahead of AZ time, so anytime on a Friday or Saturday (AZ time) is probably when I'm most flexible. I'm used to waking up at 4am on a Sunday to watch college football at this time of the year anyway. There's also a 10-day Korean holiday coming up from September 30th to October 9th, so anytime before 10/9 in AZ would probably be fine.

Now that I've laid that out, feel free to drop me if you can't find anyone to join or none of the existing managers wants to call it quits.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:We currently have an odd number and will need to get to an even number. So we either need to add another or lose one of the current managers.
If I remember right, wasn't there a manager last season that didn't actually participate? Maybe we can cut his team from the league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:We currently have an odd number and will need to get to an even number. So we either need to add another or lose one of the current managers.
If I remember right, wasn't there a manager last season that didn't actually participate? Maybe we can cut his team from the league.
If you can tell me which team it was, I will do that. I'll also poke around and see if I can figure it out.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
If you can tell me which team it was, I will do that. I'll also poke around and see if I can figure it out.
There were two teams without moves, Annihilators and Aztecas. I'm pretty sure that at least Mexico Aztecas also didn't have the lineups set. But this year might be different.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks, Hermen. We should remove one or both. I'll give them both a chance to respond and we'll go from there. Preferably all managers are active. We had a 14 team league last year. Currently we are at 15. We will straighten it out as we go. I really don't like the new Yahoo system of automatically reregistering previous members. I'd prefer if they all voluntarily re-signed up so that we know they'll be active.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:I really don't like the new Yahoo system of automatically reregistering previous members. I'd prefer if they all voluntarily re-signed up so that we know they'll be active.
This happened to me in fantasy football on Yahoo this year. Myself and the league I've been playing in for 5-6 years decided to skip this season but Yahoo automatically renewed our league and held the draft. I just found out when I went to join this .net NBA league last week. A pretty shady move by Yahoo to artificially inflate their fantasy member figures.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:Thanks, Hermen. We should remove one or both. I'll give them both a chance to respond and we'll go from there. Preferably all managers are active. We had a 14 team league last year. Currently we are at 15. We will straighten it out as we go. I really don't like the new Yahoo system of automatically reregistering previous members. I'd prefer if they all voluntarily re-signed up so that we know they'll be active.
Yo Bone , I'm down to play if you guys are still looking for a player
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Thanks for the Invite :D
Never played a 16 team league before so should be interesting
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Glad to have you and FF on board. It might end up being 14 if we had a couple inactive managers last year.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm in, tho the time and date may be tough for me...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:I'm in, tho the time and date may be tough for me...
I just put in a tentative draft day and time. If you guys can come up with a consensus, I’ll switch it to that.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm good for the 7th, just later like 8 or 9pm EST.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:I'm good for the 7th, just later like 8 or 9pm EST.
This works better for me as well. My birthday is on the 7th, but the current draft time is on the 8th at 6am for me in Korea.

The posibility of being very hungover or missing the draft completely is not out of the question with the current arrangement.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

As far as I'm concerned, as long as it's Saturday I will manage.