Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is probably my worst team ever. Someone save me.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Oh good, I play you this week 😆

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ah…It’s good to be king. 😁 Ha ha. I’ve got to enjoy it while it lasts. When do I get my turn at FF?
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've just realized we have a manager who's abandoned their team for the past 3 weeks. The manager is the only person in the league who's not a member of this board, so I will replace them next season. But I'd still like to prevent having a dead team in the league this season, not to mention the roster is quite good and should be pushing for a playoff spot.

Bruiser reached out to me about joining the league a day before our draft and I told him that it was too late to add another member, but I've just now messaged him about taking over that dormant team. If he is uninterested in taking the team, I will end up locking out the current owner and just setting the daily lineup. I won't make any trades or waiver moves with that team.

If by chance anyone is reading this and wants to take the team, feel free to reply.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Bummer…. Thanks FF for managing the league, appreciate it!

Now if my team could get just healthy and stop getting suspended…lol

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:28 am
Bummer…. Thanks FF for managing the league, appreciate it!

Now if my team could get just healthy and stop getting suspended…lol
I just took a huge hit and my top guys have been out with injuries. Suspension is on you! :P
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Bruiser got back to me today to let me know that he won't be taking over the dormant team in our league, so I'm going to manage only the daily lineup for that team from today going forward.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

These IST quarter finals and semi finals games really shouldn't be part of the league. They are like the playoffs. Luck of the draw if you happen to have some tournament players.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:12 pm
These IST quarter finals and semi finals games really shouldn't be part of the league. They are like the playoffs. Luck of the draw if you happen to have some tournament players.
Nah it’s fair.. every team is playing 2 games this week. The IST Finals won’t count for fantasy I believe

Everyone else is playing Wednesday and Friday

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nah it’s fair.. every team is playing 2 games this week. The IST Finals won’t count for fantasy I believe

Agree to disagree. Quarter finals and semi finals should be the same as the final.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

OK, Mr. First Pick.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:36 pm
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Agree to disagree. Quarter finals and semi finals should be the same as the final.
Why? They are still regular season games. The final is not a regular season game. If you didn’t count them the teams who have guys on IST teams wouldn’t get any stats from their players this week. That seems way more unfair

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:50 pm
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Why? They are still regular season games. The final is not a regular season game. If you didn’t count them the teams who have guys on IST teams wouldn’t get any stats from their players this week. That seems way more unfair
Maybe so. Maybe I just had an unlucky day where my competitor had players and I didn't. But you're right, that happens some days with fewer games anyway.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:53 pm
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Maybe so. Maybe I just had an unlucky day where my competitor had players and I didn't. But you're right, that happens some days with fewer games anyway.
Well one day doesn’t matter…it’s a weekly competition. All your guys will play Wednesday and Friday and none of the IST guys will play. This week is more fair than normal weeks as far as games played. Every team in the nba will play exactly 2 games this week(for fantasy purposes) no one is playing more than anyone else. It’ll all even out

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Unless someone adds a player for an IST game, both you and your opponent will have 22 players earning stats this week.

You can see this on your weekly matchup page. He has 2/22 and you have 0/22 through one day.

Edit: I take that back. Your opponent might end up with a few more because the "loser" IST round games have yet to be scheduled. That's still not any different than a normal week. Hell, I tanked hard early in the season in part due to the poor schedule for a lot of my players. I was at a 5-6 game disadvantage for a few weeks.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:00 pm
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

Unless someone adds a player for an IST game, both you and your opponent will have 22 players earning stats this week.

You can see this on your weekly matchup page. He has 2/22 and you have 0/22 through one day.

Edit: I take that back. Your opponent might end up with a few more because the "loser" IST round games have yet to be scheduled. That's still not any different than a normal week. Hell, I tanked hard early in the season in part due to the poor schedule for a lot of my players. I was at a 5-6 game disadvantage for a few weeks.
OK, Split had it under control. We didn't need to hear your excuses. :P
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

But Bone has two guys playing tonight and they will have another game scheduled each as well..so it should still be 24 for both

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:25 pm
But Bone has two guys playing tonight and they will have another game scheduled each as well..so it should still be 24 for both
So does my opponent. That's two up on me this week in IST games.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:29 pm
Split T wrote:
He doesn’t have anyone tonight…his only IST guys are Herb Jones and Keegan Murray…both will have 1 more game scheduled to bring him to 24 total.

You’ve got Grayson and Quickley…they will also both have another one scheduled after tonight and bring your total to 24.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:33 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:29 pm
Split T wrote:
He doesn’t have anyone tonight…his only IST guys are Herb Jones and Keegan Murray…both will have 1 more game scheduled to bring him to 24 total.

You’ve got Grayson and Quickley…they will also both have another one scheduled after tonight and bring your total to 24.
You’re right. I thought I had previously seen that he had two tonight as well.
"Be Legendary."