Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll give it until this coming weekend to be sure, but it seems like we'll be drafting on a Sunday (or Monday for Pickle and myself in Asia).
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

My time zone is 16.5 hours ahead of Phoenix, so late afternoon/into the evening there works best for me (morning here). Ideally, Sunday here (Saturday there) would be great but I’ll try to make it work with whatever is the consensus (although I’m not sure my commitment extends to live drafting in the middle of the night!)

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Im cool with any time on a Sunday Funday

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Seems like everyone is in favor of drafting on a Sunday, so that'll be the day. 3TheHardaway specified that the 22nd will be difficult for him and I want to respect that, but I'm a bit cautious of drafting on the 15th with a weeks worth of preseason games left on the schedule. I'll leave that decision up to a vote via this link...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BSWWF73

The draft time is much trickier. 3:00pm PDT (AZ time) is the latest possible time for myself to participate. If my time zone math checks out, that would be 6:00am for Pickle, 6:30am for Gladiator, and 7:00am for myself on Monday morning. I need to be out the door for work a bit after 8:00am, so it's difficult for me to schedule the draft later than 3:00pm PDT, but I could probably adjust by 15 minutes or so if it made a big difference for others.

Unless someone comes up with a better solution, the draft will be scheduled for 3:00pm PDT, 6:00pm EDT.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Voted. Thank you for doing this FF.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Thanks voted as well. I think daylight savings time here in (parts of) Australia have changed the time a bit but I’ll make whatever time work that is the majority vote. May be needing to draft on the sly at work but all good!

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:40 pm
Seems like everyone is in favor of drafting on a Sunday, so that'll be the day. 3TheHardaway specified that the 22nd will be difficult for him and I want to respect that, but I'm a bit cautious of drafting on the 15th with a weeks worth of preseason games left on the schedule. I'll leave that decision up to a vote via this link...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BSWWF73

The draft time is much trickier. 3:00pm PDT (AZ time) is the latest possible time for myself to participate. If my time zone math checks out, that would be 6:00am for Pickle, 6:30am for Gladiator, and 7:00am for myself on Monday morning. I need to be out the door for work a bit after 8:00am, so it's difficult for me to schedule the draft later than 3:00pm PDT, but I could probably adjust by 15 minutes or so if it made a big difference for others.

Unless someone comes up with a better solution, the draft will be scheduled for 3:00pm PDT, 6:00pm EDT.
Certainly appreciate the consideration but wouldn't want to demand accomodation; if it ends up being the 22nd I can just set my pre-draft rankings and try to jump in and out as able. No worries.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

9 of 11 people have responded to the poll. I'll wait through the weekend to announce the result.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I voted for the 15th, but would be good with either. And on reflection, maybe the 22nd works better.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Com’on ‘bazz. I get enough of that when my girl is trying to decide what she wants to eat.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Alright fellas, we're good to go. The draft will be next Sunday, October 15th at 3:00pm PDT. I've also randomized and set the draft order. Congrats to Bone's Questionable Team, who've landed the first pick.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Thanks FF for setting this up… congrats Bone, I suggest you take Landry Shamet with your first pick. I hear this is his breakout season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

YES! Oh, man. Who's it going to be?!

I don't think I've had the number one pick in all my years of playing fantasy basketball.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Insert obligatory Pat Burke joke.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The Annual Shabazz 9th Pick in the Draft!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I also just realized 'bone picked first the last time he was in the league. Seems fishy.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:34 pm
I also just realized 'bone picked first the last time he was in the league. Seems fishy.
Really? Why does it feel like the first time. I was usually in 'Bazz's position near the back. And aren't you the one who ran the algorithm for the draft order?

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:02 pm
Insert obligatory Pat Burke joke.
I don't think he's available.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

I’ll be happy to take that number one pick off your hands bone and take on all the pressure of possibly getting the first pick wrong.