Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
User avatar
pickle
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by pickle » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:06 am

Ah gotcha. I was gonna say, didn't seem like a very unfair trade...

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 8012
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Split T » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:24 am

Trae Young hurt...my whole team going down with injuries

bIGDRAWLS0072
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:55 pm

That would suck to have your IL spot clogged up all year long to where you couldn't utilize it when other injuries happen.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6101
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Cap » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm

JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

bIGDRAWLS0072
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:46 pm

Load Management...😐🤨

bIGDRAWLS0072
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Push please

bIGDRAWLS0072
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:05 pm

So how is this keeper league draft rules and penalties working again? Some of us aren't quite understanding it.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Shabazz » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:36 pm

No IL spot for suspended drug abusers?

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2526
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm

bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:05 pm
So how is this keeper league draft rules and penalties working again? Some of us aren't quite understanding it.
First round picks cannot be kept.

Any player kept will consume a draft spot of (n-1) with (n) being the round they were selected in the previous draft.

Players who are dropped and picked up by another team will still follow the same keeper rule. For example, if I dropped Ayton and you picked him up, he would consume a 2nd round pick in the next draft if you kept him since he was drafted in the 3rd round this season.

Any non-drafted player selected as a keeper will consume a 7th round pick in the next draft.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2526
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:36 pm
No IL spot for suspended drug abusers?
That's Yahoo's thing.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 8012
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Split T » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm
bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:05 pm
So how is this keeper league draft rules and penalties working again? Some of us aren't quite understanding it.
First round picks cannot be kept.

Any player kept will consume a draft spot of (n-1) with (n) being the round they were selected in the previous draft.

Players who are dropped and picked up by another team will still follow the same keeper rule. For example, if I dropped Ayton and you picked him up, he would consume a 2nd round pick in the next draft if you kept him since he was drafted in the 3rd round this season.

Any non-drafted player selected as a keeper will consume a 7th round pick in the next draft.
If someone gets drafted in round 12 and then gets dropped and picked back up, do they cost a round 7 or round 11 pick to keep?

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2526
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm
bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:05 pm
So how is this keeper league draft rules and penalties working again? Some of us aren't quite understanding it.
First round picks cannot be kept.

Any player kept will consume a draft spot of (n-1) with (n) being the round they were selected in the previous draft.

Players who are dropped and picked up by another team will still follow the same keeper rule. For example, if I dropped Ayton and you picked him up, he would consume a 2nd round pick in the next draft if you kept him since he was drafted in the 3rd round this season.

Any non-drafted player selected as a keeper will consume a 7th round pick in the next draft.
If someone gets drafted in round 12 and then gets dropped and picked back up, do they cost a round 7 or round 11 pick to keep?
11th round. Players always retain their draft position. I have saved a record of the draft to ensure accuracy with this.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 8012
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Split T » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 pm

Good to know

bIGDRAWLS0072
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm
bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:05 pm
So how is this keeper league draft rules and penalties working again? Some of us aren't quite understanding it.
First round picks cannot be kept.

Any player kept will consume a draft spot of (n-1) with (n) being the round they were selected in the previous draft.

Players who are dropped and picked up by another team will still follow the same keeper rule. For example, if I dropped Ayton and you picked him up, he would consume a 2nd round pick in the next draft if you kept him since he was drafted in the 3rd round this season.

Any non-drafted player selected as a keeper will consume a 7th round pick in the next draft.
So If I kept Paul George who was Maldoe 2nd pick and Drummond who was my 2nd round pick what would it cost me?

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2526
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:06 pm

bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:42 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm
bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:05 pm
So how is this keeper league draft rules and penalties working again? Some of us aren't quite understanding it.
First round picks cannot be kept.

Any player kept will consume a draft spot of (n-1) with (n) being the round they were selected in the previous draft.

Players who are dropped and picked up by another team will still follow the same keeper rule. For example, if I dropped Ayton and you picked him up, he would consume a 2nd round pick in the next draft if you kept him since he was drafted in the 3rd round this season.

Any non-drafted player selected as a keeper will consume a 7th round pick in the next draft.
So If I kept Paul George who was Maldoe 2nd pick and Drummond who was my 2nd round pick what would it cost me?
I considered this situation before making the rule and I want the fairest outcome so I'm soliciting opinions.

I think we have two options.

1. You're only allowed to keep one of them as they would both consume a first round pick in the next draft, per standard rules.
2. We make an exception to the rule in the event of a trade or free agent addition that allows you to keep both players at the cost of your first and second round picks in the next draft.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

bIGDRAWLS0072
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 pm

So if I wanted to keep my 1st and 2nd round picks next year I'd have to give up both 2 round picks of Drummond and Paul George?

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2526
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:22 pm

bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 pm
So if I wanted to keep my 1st and 2nd round picks next year I'd have to give up both 2 round picks of Drummond and Paul George?
If by "keep my 1st and 2nd round picks" you mean select new players at those draft positions, yes.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

bIGDRAWLS0072
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Ok thanks for the clarification.

bIGDRAWLS0072
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Can we push the trade please?

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2526
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:39 pm

bIGDRAWLS0072 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm
Can we push the trade please?
Done.

Trades made early in the morning in the States will take some time to process because of the time difference for me. Thanks for understanding.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Post Reply