Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Split T

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by Split T »

I’m trying to figure out how I drafted Mitchell Robinson in round 3, haha....Did yahoo have him ranked way too high? I wanted Sabonis, but someone snagged him right before me.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:48 pm
I’m trying to figure out how I drafted Mitchell Robinson in round 3, haha....Did yahoo have him ranked way too high? I wanted Sabonis, but someone snagged him right before me.
Yeah, his rankings were always ridiculous. He's a middle round player at best and it's only because he can pretty reliably get some blocks.

Weren't you at the draft?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:06 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:48 pm
Yeah, his rankings were always ridiculous. He's a middle round player at best and it's only because he can pretty reliably get some blocks.

Weren't you at the draft?
Ya I was there. I was looking for a C to get Reb/Blk/FG%. Sabonis is who I was hoping would drop to me..or I think Drummond? I think Sabonis went the pick before me and I had to switch up plans quick. I think Robinson was yahoo’s next highest ranked C, I had to make back to back picks and just took him without thinking about it much.

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

Everybody I picked on my team this year I can probably beat in a game of 21 it appears...:/

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

My team is either all injured or too much of a wuss to play in back to backs, so I'll never have a full squad and be near the bottom of the standings.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Good lord my team sucks. I'm probably going to start planning for next year... ugh.

Split T

Post by Split T »

pickle wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:32 am
Good lord my team sucks. I'm probably going to start planning for next year... ugh.
I’ll take AD off your hands ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

My team has also been a disaster. I thought having KD at such a low round would allow me to take some risks, but it turns out I took way too many.

Harden at pick #1 can still work out, but he's probably not going to be way ahead of everyone else like last season.

KD already had COVID and now he's out for 4 games due to quarantine stuff. Who knows what'll come of that.

I already said last week that pre-season Zion catfished me.

Ayton has done better the last two games, but he's going to be up and down a lot. I'm expecting an annoying amount of 8/9/2 games without any defensive stats or FTA.

Fultz and Reddish were guys I was hoping would take a leap, and they have, but it only happens once every four games.

Bagley is a bum, but Richaun is good. Kind of a wash there. Just wish I didn't take the chance on Bagley.

Schroder and Bledsoe are fine. Pretty much what I expected.

I'm hopeful that KP will be good when he comes back. And that's probably the dumbest thing to be hopeful about in fantasy basketball.

I'm screwed.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:03 am
pickle wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:32 am
I’ll take AD off your hands ;)
Send me an offer... but ... normal ones, you know what I mean...

pickle

Post by pickle »

Respectfully, can I just confirm who the managers and team names are? Been getting trade offers and it's great because I like trades, even though so far I haven't managed to work anything out with anyone, but I would like to find out who is who... There are a couple of team names that are confusing the hell out of me.

I think Maldo's team has been moved to someone else?

1. Flagrant Fowl - Flagrant Fowl
2. pickle - Platypus Beaks
3. bajanguy008 - Team Island Vybez
4. Shabazz - Shabazz
5. Gladiator - Andrew Gaze All-Stars
6. BigLewy - Huskies
7. bIGDRAWLS0072 - Dolemite
8. Superbone - Superbone's Suns
9. Maldonado - Maldo
10. ShelC - Project Mayhem
11. BookTheGoat - BookTheGoat
12. SplitT - SplitT

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yes, Maldo is now Murd56. I got him as a replacement and he's registered here, but I don't think he's ever posted.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

PSA for All: Don't trust Yahoo to set your starters with the "Start Active Players" function.

I did and discovered that it put an injured Alec Burks in a starting utility position and Atyon on the bench. Of course, I didn't realize it until after the Suns game started.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:02 pm
PSA for All: Don't trust Yahoo to set your starters with the "Start Active Players" function.

I did and discovered that it put an injured Alec Burks in a starting utility position and Atyon on the bench. Of course, I didn't realize it until after the Suns game started.
I didn't even know there was a Start Active Players function.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's the big blue button that says 'Start Active Players' right above your roster.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'll be lucky if my team plays 20 games this week.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, we're all in the same boat to some extent here. I nearly lost 0-8 last week.

Seems like the fairest thing for everyone is to just endure whatever happens.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:02 pm
Yeah, we're all in the same boat to some extent here. I nearly lost 0-8 last week.

Seems like the fairest thing for everyone is to just endure whatever happens.
Agreed. It's going to be a complete crap shoot that you can't plan for, either as a manager or league/commissioner, so it's fairest to just roll with it. The season will have a bit of an asterisk to it ..... unless my team happens to fluke a win of course :lol:

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Yup, this season is outrageous. I have 5 guys or so out with long term injuries, the rest of my team has games canceled due to contract tracing...nothing you can do. I just hit set lineup for the week and let it ride because it's all I can do. Could line me up for a nice high pick next year though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:54 pm
It's the big blue button that says 'Start Active Players' right above your roster.
I used this for the first time. It mostly works. You do still have to go through each day and make some modifications as needed. It does speed up the process.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Get to test myself against Bajanguy008 this week...wish me luck, he’s basically the 15-16 Warriors out there...just destroying everyone.