Virtual Reality

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Virtual Reality

Post by Superbone »

I got my Playstation VR kit a couple weeks ago. It is pretty amazing and unlike anything you've experienced before. My favorites so far are Batman VR and Rez in VR. There's also an amazing VR platform game that comes with the free download, Playroom VR. In addition to PSVR, Oculus Rift and Vive came out with VR kits this year. Has anybody else experienced them? The future is here.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Re: Virtual Reality

Post by carey »

The only thing I've messed with is google cardboard on my phone. If i had disposable income I'd check out the VR. Alas...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Had to buy a high end gaming PC but worth it. Have an HTC Vive. Walking around in virtual spaces with hand tracking and haptic controllers is insane. Flagrant Fowl had fun trying it out and punching my walls. Immersion...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Bone, what's Playroom VR?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:Bone, what's Playroom VR?
It's a free download on the PS4. It's a VR demo basically. It's got a really cool VR platformer in it where you control a guy but you're also in the world with him. It's very Marioesque.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I haven't tried any of it, but I'm really excited to try. I think it'll take a couple more generations before it's truly cool tech, but I'm glad it is advancing so rapidly right now.