Nintendo Switch

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Nintendo Switch

Post by Superbone »

I was able to get my hands on one at Fry's Electronics. Very cool little unit. The quick change act from handheld to TV console is pretty revolutionary. My copy of Zelda will be waiting for me when I get home. More impressions later. Anybody else able to get one?
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:I was able to get my hands on one at Fry's Electronics. Very cool little unit. The quick change act from handheld to TV console is pretty revolutionary. My copy of Zelda will be waiting for me when I get home. More impressions later. Anybody else able to get one?
Thought long and hard about, but spending 300+ just to play Zelda seems like a poor investment.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:I was able to get my hands on one at Fry's Electronics. Very cool little unit. The quick change act from handheld to TV console is pretty revolutionary. My copy of Zelda will be waiting for me when I get home. More impressions later. Anybody else able to get one?
Thought long and hard about, but spending 300+ just to play Zelda seems like a poor investment.
Zelda is fantastic so far. Worth it to me. But, it's not just going to be Zelda. Mario Kart in April and then Mario Odyssey at the end of the year.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I need a Zelda review on the WiiU. We have one and I don't want to upgrade to the Switch. Anyone knows if it plays ok on the U?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I need a Zelda review on the WiiU. We have one and I don't want to upgrade to the Switch. Anyone knows if it plays ok on the U?
I'm guessing you can't go wrong but I haven't read anything about the WiiU version.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Re: RE: Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:I need a Zelda review on the WiiU. We have one and I don't want to upgrade to the Switch. Anyone knows if it plays ok on the U?
I'm guessing you can't go wrong but I haven't read anything about the WiiU version.
Me either. Image
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I stood in line at 6am and got one for my wife for her birthday. :-) We haven't played it very much yet. Zelda looks beautiful and has a very "open" feel, much less linear and hand-held than past Zeldas, thank god. Graphics are phenomenal. Haven't really gotten very far in the game, kind of just wondering around.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I stood in line at 6am and got one for my wife for her birthday. :-) We haven't played it very much yet. Zelda looks beautiful and has a very "open" feel, much less linear and hand-held than past Zeldas, thank god. Graphics are phenomenal. Haven't really gotten very far in the game, kind of just wondering around.
I played all weekend. I'm hooked.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I pre-ordered the first day pre-orders were available. There was a mechanical failure or something according to UPS that delayed my shipment Friday. It comes today. I have Zelda and the 1-2 game waiting already for when the console comes, plus a pro controller for when I game on the TV.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:I pre-ordered the first day pre-orders were available. There was a mechanical failure or something according to UPS that delayed my shipment Friday. It comes today. I have Zelda and the 1-2 game waiting already for when the console comes, plus a pro controller for when I game on the TV.
Yeah, pro controller is a must for Zelda. At least for me it is.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I didn't realize the pro controllers were going to be so hard to find. I had to drive to a target 75 minutes from my house to get one. But it was well worth it. So far, Zelda is wonderful. Much more open-world than I ever expected. I haven't played a Zelda game since N64, but up to that point I played every non-gameboy version.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:I didn't realize the pro controllers were going to be so hard to find. I had to drive to a target 75 minutes from my house to get one. But it was well worth it. So far, Zelda is wonderful. Much more open-world than I ever expected. I haven't played a Zelda game since N64, but up to that point I played every non-gameboy version.
You missed out on A Link Between Worlds on the DS then. Great game.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

My friend bought it for the Wii U and says it's fantastic.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:I didn't realize the pro controllers were going to be so hard to find. I had to drive to a target 75 minutes from my house to get one. But it was well worth it. So far, Zelda is wonderful. Much more open-world than I ever expected. I haven't played a Zelda game since N64, but up to that point I played every non-gameboy version.
You missed out on A Link Between Worlds on the DS then. Great game.
Oh, my bad. I did play that on the 3DS. It was a great game. I don't know how I forgot that!

Indy

Post by Indy »

By the way, if you haven't played Shovel Knight, you are totally missing out. That game is fantastic. And $25.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shovel Knight is awesome. There is a real boom of great indie games that cost $5-25 each and are loads of fun.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And you really get at least 4 games for that $25 with Shovel Knight.

Indy

Post by Indy »

By the way, I took the Switch with my on my work trip last week, and after the meetings finally were over each day, and then the mandatory cocktail hour, followed by dinner, I spent too much time each night on Zelda. It is so wide open. It is great.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:By the way, I took the Switch with my on my work trip last week, and after the meetings finally were over each day, and then the mandatory cocktail hour, followed by dinner, I spent too much time each night on Zelda. It is so wide open. It is great.
I always end up hearing Harrison Ford's voice when I read your posts, and this particular one was pretty funny. I had a mental image of indiana Jones on a hotel bed playing Zelda.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Indy wrote:By the way, I took the Switch with my on my work trip last week, and after the meetings finally were over each day, and then the mandatory cocktail hour, followed by dinner, I spent too much time each night on Zelda. It is so wide open. It is great.
I always end up hearing Harrison Ford's voice when I read your posts, and this particular one was pretty funny. I had a mental image of indiana Jones on a hotel bed playing Zelda.
I was exploring ancient ruins. I found so many things that belong in a museum.