Diamondbacks 2017

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
LazarusLong

Re: Diamondbacks 2017

Post by LazarusLong »

We'll see how far the team has come in the Washington series.

The Nationals steamrolled the Rockies up in Denver recently.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well, here comes Rodney with a 6-3 lead

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wow. Great overall pitching effort from the squad. That's a monster of an offense in Washington with a lot of swagger.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Robbie Ray's minor gem unsupported.

Tomas loses a fly ball in the lights. Drury strikes out with bases loaded (after G. Gonzalez had been walking everybody previously) and then lets a grounder go through for a double and the winning run. Drury probably should not have been playing, but management is convinced he's the next Ryne Sandberg ...

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Why is it that none of our bench players can hit worth a damn? Really makes it hard to generate offense when multiple bench players are starting

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We have to have better options in the minors

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

To be fair, a couple of the players were getting over the flu.

as for the bench and prospects, Hazelbaker is a decent reserve outfielder. Ketel Marte is doing very well in TripleA at Reno; he's a middle infielder.

Also, Gregor Blanco is done rehabbing an oblique injury and is now at Reno. Blanco was a valuable fourth outfielder for the Giants who contributed to SF's World Series runs in 2012 and 2014. He's 33, but there's hope he still has some gas in the tank.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

3 in a row. Need to keep it going. We were in a bit of a funk there. Greinke has been earning his paycheck this season. Almost threw a perfect game the other day.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

10 out of our last 11. Keep rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling. The Rockies can't seem to lose either.

carey

Post by carey »

I never would have thought we would be 12 games over .500 50 games into the season. Our offense is pretty good, our starting pitching solid, and our bullpen has been just good enough. Can it continue? I hope so! Goldy is a legit MVP candidate if we keep winning & that would be amazing.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

After taking the first two from Milwaukee, I thought they might sweep the Brewers.

Chase Anderson stopped them cold in game three, and Corbin blew up in game four.
They looked a bit tired today against the Pirates.

If they can win six of the eleven games on the road, that would be good.

I do sense a growing lack of patience with Tomas and his laid-back approach in the field.
A double that led to a big inning in the Anderson-Greinke matchup was very catchable.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

LazarusLong wrote:After taking the first two from Milwaukee, I thought they might sweep the Brewers.

Chase Anderson stopped them cold in game three, and Corbin blew up in game four.
They looked a bit tired today against the Pirates.

If they can win six of the eleven games on the road, that would be good.

I do sense a growing lack of patience with Tomas and his laid-back approach in the field.

A double that led to a big inning in the Anderson-Greinke matchup was very catchable.
When Pollack returns, I could see Tomas losing some ABs. He might be trade bait in a package for another starting pitcher. I could see them sending him along with Ahmed for a decent haul. The difficulty is his hefty contract of $70 million.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Dbacks are still rolling. They could still fall off, but I think they're pretty legit. We knew there offense was good, it's the pitching staff that has made us contenders. Greinke and Ray are forming one of the best 1-2 punches in baseball. If Walker can stay healthy and keep up his early season form, we've got a solid #3 guy as well. Losing faith in Corbin, but Godley and Delgado have been great at the back end of a the rotation. I wonder if/when we move Bradley back into the rotation. I'm ok letting him stay in the bullpen all year. Let him win a rotation spot next spring

carey

Post by carey »

Bradley has to stay where he is. He has been integral to our success. Walker looked great last night. I hope Greinke continues to pitch well. That 6th inning was a comedy of errors the other day but he still should have been able to limit the damage to 2 runs. He missed some spots and boom 6 run inning.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'm glad Walker is playing well for y'all, Seattle is definitely getting a ton outta Segura and Haniger (when they are healthy anyway) Not often trades seem to work out for both parites.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I've loved Segura last year, but we need pitching more than hitting

carey

Post by carey »

If you'd have told me that we would be 15 games above .500 in June but not leading our division and only tied for 2nd I'd have straight up called you crazy.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Another win in the books.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Rodney has 16 consecutive outings without giving up an earned run. ERA has finally dropped below 5. Shows just how bad he was at the start of the season.

jonh

Post by jonh »

This has been a pretty special season so far. I know that there has been a little discussion on potentially trying to move zack greinke while his value is high, but I think you've got to try and ride this wave while it lasts, and then figure the future out later. Its been too long since downtown Phoenix has had something to cheer for.