Diamondbacks 2017

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Split T

Re: Diamondbacks 2017

Post by Split T »

Was rough, still would have liked to see how we'd have done with our pitching staff at full strength. Greinke falling apart in the wildcard game killed us. We had to throw walker in game 1 and then an obviously not full strength ray in game 2. If ray is good to go in game 1 and pitches like he did all year against the dodgers, we go up 1-0 and anything could happen.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, tough way to end the playoff run.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Had a lot more fun at the Wild Card game. Last night, not so much. Great seats otherwise. Shame we couldn't get our offense going.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

So what do we do next year? Any chance we bring back JD? I would love to get out of the Greinke and Tomas contracts and spend that money on JD and whatever else we need. Do we keep Archie in the bullpen or let him try starting again?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I'd love to get rid of Greinke and Tomas too. I highly doubt anyone takes them without us eating a significant amount of their salary though. We're kind of stuck, which really sucks. I imagine either Owings or Ahmed will be let go this offseason and we roll with Marte + the other. I'd love if I never had to see Chafin pitch again for the Diamondbacks. Slide Bradley into the closer's role. He was so average as a starter and so elite as a reliever, I think you move forward with that. No chance we keep JD.

2018 rotation: Ray, Greinke, Godley, Walker, ?Corbin/Miller/Banda

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think I'd keep Ahmed over Owings. I like marte better than both anyways. We probably run back a very similar team.
1b Goldy
2b descalso/Drury
SS Marte/Ahmed
3b lamb
C ianetta
Lf Tomas?
Cf Pollock
Rf peralta

Greinke/Ray/Godley/Walker/Corbin for the rotation

Sherfy, chafin, Bradley and who knows what else here.

Do we have any potential prospects that might turn into something?