Diamondbacks 2017

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
TOO

Re: Diamondbacks 2017

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:Looks like Shelby could be done for the f*** season. UGH. Just when it looked like he could be the guy we thought we were getting when we traded for him.

http://www.azsnakepit.com/2017/4/24/154 ... g-rotation
Seems like he's been a bit snake bitten since they acquired him....?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey wrote:Looks like Shelby could be done for the f*** season. UGH. Just when it looked like he could be the guy we thought we were getting when we traded for him.

I wouldn't be so sure. Purely speculation until MRI results. There can be a ton of different forearm issues. That article seems to try and connect itself to the worst case possible.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. Purely speculation until MRI results. There can be a ton of different forearm issues. That article seems to try and connect itself to the worst case possible.
Because that's usually how things go for the D'backs. I agree it's a little premature though.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

'Snakes have a number of options to replace Miller. Godley, Shipley, de la Rosa (ex-Rockies pitcher), Banta and Bradley.
They might use a "committee" approach for the rest of the season, if Miller's arm truly is toast ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

I like Godley. Look for him to take Miller's next start.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

They could get creative and start, say, de la Rosa to pitch for 3-4 innings, bring in Bradley for 2-3 innings, and mop up with Hoover.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Dbacks up 9 to 3 in the 9th.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Re: RE: Re: Diamondbacks 2017

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote:Dbacks up 9 to 3 in the 9th.

Bracho brought that ERA down to 20 with that scoreless inning. Image Paul was 4 for 4 with a walk. If he comes around after one of his typical slow starts look the hell out NL West.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Btw. As I predicted Godley will start today in place of Miller. Bracho already optioned back to the minors. Will be a bit of musical chairs until we find out what's up with Shelby although I think we all know.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Rodney just gave up 5 runs and blew a save. Friggin' tosser.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey wrote:Rodney just gave up 5 runs and blew a save. Friggin' tosser.
I was at the game. The guy sucks. What a waste of a night. Place was dead too. Maybe 15k fans.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Archie should rather be starting or closing. Forget about Rodney

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:Archie should rather be starting or closing. Forget about Rodney

https://twitter.com/careystephen/status/857568553184133121

FWIW I would like to forget Rodney exists. However, Bradley needs to stay doing what he's doing. Part of the reason we're winning games (besides our timely hitting) is the ability to bring Bradley out for 2-3 inning in high leverage situations.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Agree that Bradley should continue his role.

Godley pitched well.

And, yes, Snakes need a closer...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

No wonder it felt empty last night at the stadium. Best home record in the MLB and we had the lowest all-time attendance at Chase Field last night. Under 12k fans. Pathetic. On a positive side note, I snagged 3rd base / home dugout 2nd row seats on StubHub 4 hours before the game for $18 a ticket.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Nice game by Walker. Also, as of this morning, four Snakes are in the top 12 of the NL in RBIs.

Not so great news about Miller. I think they get creative with the fifth starting slot, and try a number of approaches.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Should have ended the Fernando Rodney experiment last blown save.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He has got to go. Man he is awful.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Rodney's nickname should be "Firestarter"

And it's not like he gives up a run in a critical situation. This guy comes in and throws batting practice, with episodes of wildness for added hilarity ...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

LazarusLong wrote:Rodney's nickname should be "Firestarter"

And it's not like he gives up a run in a critical situation. This guy comes in and throws batting practice, with episodes of wildness for added hilarity ...
So painfully true.