NBA 2K18 / NBA Live 18

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

NBA 2K18 / NBA Live 18

Post by Superbone »

Anybody getting either of these? I'll be picking up 2K18 as usual. I'm downloading the Live demo now and will check it out this weekend.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Re: NBA 2K18 / NBA Live 18

Post by Split T »

I might get 2k18, although I was so busy this last year I barely played 2k17

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:I might get 2k18, although I was so busy this last year I barely played 2k17
Yeah, I didn't play it nearly enough myself. But then I just can't help myself wanting to play with the latest advancements. The graphics seems to have moved to another level.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I played the new Live demo last night. I'm actually having a lot of fun with it and I am enjoying it. Graphics, animations, and gameplay is pretty darn good. Nice story progression too. I might buy both this year after my pleasant experience last night. BTW, it's cheaper too. I think it's selling for $39.99.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think the last time I played an NBA video game (besides NBA Jam on my phone) it was NBA Live 1999.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I had to LOL (literally) when the only Suns showing in this trailer was Chriss throwing the ball in disgust:

[youtube][/youtube]
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

So it is more realistic than I thought.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just before he throws the ball in disgust after yet another foul called on him:
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

image says it doesn't allow 3rd party hosting and can't get it to load even from the source. Weird.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:image says it doesn't allow 3rd party hosting and can't get it to load even from the source. Weird.
Thanks, Indy. Looks like I need to find a new image hosting site:

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photob ... edded-web/
Since 2003, the popular photo hosting service Photobucket has been letting users upload and host images for free on their servers. They have over 10 billion images stored by 100 million registered users. But now they’re going to start charging, and that means billions of images around the Web are now broken.

Hotlinking (AKA inline linking) is when someone takes an image file hosted on a server and embeds it on a different webpage elsewhere. Since the new webpage continuously requests the file from the original source server, it saps the server owner’s bandwidth (and storage space).

Photobucket allowed hotlinking photos uploaded to and stored on its servers for a long time. This was their business model, and they made money from ads on their own site, which users would be exposed to when they went to upload content.

Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things are about to change in a big way as of June 26th. Now the service is rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere. That means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Now fixed. Imgur is cool.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Thanks Bone.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll pick 2K up eventually. Maybe around Christmas when everything is discounted on the Xbox marketplace.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I've been having a lot of fun with the Live 18 demo. I hadn't played 2K17 since last year so I pulled it out and played a game with the Suns versus the Knicks the other night. It was pretty good (except for the fact that the Knicks went off from three in the fourth quarter and ran away with it after a previously close game). I then played the Live demo Cavs/Warriors game and it was just a lot more fun. I went and preordered Live 18 on the spot.

I'll still get 2K18 for all the classic teams and likenesses but I think I'm going to be having more fun with this one.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I caved and bought the 2K pre-order last night. I'll probably be on it all weekend if anyone else is on XBOX and wants to team up.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pagielak

Post by pagielak »

I have to check NBA Live out then, I thought it won't be any good but after reading Superbones comments I have to give it a try. 2K will have to wait!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Just posting this as you guys seem to be having a legit discussion much like so much of social media on this game comparison. I don't even have a system so can't give an opinion lol

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/908706992788619264

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Downloaded NBA2k18 last night for my Nintendo Switch. Holy crap! I've barely tried it out but they packed everything from the big consoles on here. The game runs 30fps compared to 60fps on PS4 / Xbox One but it plays and looks beautiful on the hand-held. I'll be giving it a longer run through this weekend in Flagstaff. So far so good.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

pagielak

Post by pagielak »

AmareIsGod wrote:Downloaded NBA2k18 last night for my Nintendo Switch. Holy crap! I've barely tried it out but they packed everything from the big consoles on here. The game runs 30fps compared to 60fps on PS4 / Xbox One but it plays and looks beautiful on the hand-held. I'll be giving it a longer run through this weekend in Flagstaff. So far so good.
How doyou like the Switch? Anything good besides Zelda? Sorry for something off topic...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

pagielak wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Downloaded NBA2k18 last night for my Nintendo Switch. Holy crap! I've barely tried it out but they packed everything from the big consoles on here. The game runs 30fps compared to 60fps on PS4 / Xbox One but it plays and looks beautiful on the hand-held. I'll be giving it a longer run through this weekend in Flagstaff. So far so good.
How doyou like the Switch? Anything good besides Zelda? Sorry for something off topic...
Love it. Favorite gaming console. As I've gotten older, I have less time to sit in front of a TV and game. It's amazing jumping from TV to handheld seamlessly and having the same amazing graphics on the go.

I play Zelda, Binding of Isaac, Mario + Rabbids Kingdoms (so much like XCom but even better with Mario characters) and a bunch of other games. It definitely isn't hurting for great content and games.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton