2018 World Cup in Russia

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SDC

2018 World Cup in Russia

Post by SDC »

I hope Japan wins it all.

TOO

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Post by TOO »

SDC wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:39 pm
Only because North Korea isn't an option?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Let's go Iceland :) 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

SDC wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:39 pm
You misspelled Russia.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 am
I would like to see Iceland do well.

I'll be watching South Korea, but I'm expecting them to maybe get one point. I wouldn't be surprised if they go 0-0-3.

Brazil would be my choice if I were betting on a winner, with a little on Germany to hedge and Colombia as a semi-underdog. Poland is my major sleeper, but teams that low in the rankings never actually win the whole thing.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:38 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:

I'll be watching South Korea, but I'm expecting them to maybe get one point. I wouldn't be surprised if they go 0-0-3.

Brazil would be my choice if I were betting on a winner, with a little on Germany to hedge and Colombia as a semi-underdog. Poland is my major sleeper, but teams that low in the rankings never actually win the whole thing.
Okay kool , yea here in Barbados like most ppl support Brazil and root for the African teams. I'm a Holland guy so my guys not even there lol, just wanna see some fun games and my sleeper pick would probably be Belgium

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:

Okay kool , yea here in Barbados like most ppl support Brazil and root for the African teams. I'm a Holland guy so my guys not even there lol, just wanna see some fun games and my sleeper pick would probably be Belgium
I like Belgium as well, but they're like the D'Antoni Suns. A ton of talent and pretty fun to watch, but you just know they're going to come up short for the same reasons they have before.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:

I like Belgium as well, but they're like the D'Antoni Suns. A ton of talent and pretty fun to watch, but you just know they're going to come up short for the same reasons they have before.
Gonna just leave this here in case anyone wanna try it. Didn't expect to find many soccer fans on here and it seems to be just you bro Lol. Predicting Group Winners n Runner Ups plus daily picks for every game is the challenge on this App

Get in the World Cup Pick'Em game in FireFan . Click the link and, if prompted, enter share code: ''star22'' to be connected
https://play.firefan.com/d78549

SDC

Post by SDC »

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Germany, France, Brazil and Spain are the clear favorites for the semi-finals. I think France will be the World Champion at the end. Actually, I'm rooting for Colombia and their "No:10" James Rodriguez. And many believe that Belgium with their Premier Leauge loaded stars (Lukaku, Hazard, De Bruyne etc.,) is the dark horse in this tournament. Will see.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I had a feeling Iceland would be tough for Argentina and certainly thought they could manage a draw. France looked like France, a collection of individuals who can't put it together as a team. Denmark/Peru and Croatia/Nigeria were on at 1am and 4am for me, so I didn't have a chance to see anything besides highlights. Croatia has a lot of experienced players, so I think they could pretty far.

SDC

Post by SDC »

japan! banzai!!!!!!

SDC

Post by SDC »

could we see argentina not making it to the group of 16?

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Belgium and surprisingly England are playing the best football at the moment.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

SDC

Post by SDC »

[tweet][/tweet]

ankle breaker, crossover dribble by januzaj

SDC

Post by SDC »

Final Four: France, Brazil, Russia, England?

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

France despite their poor play will win at the end IMHO. Belgium was indeed the dark horse by eliminating Brazil. England made the final four for the first time since 1990. Croatia has won on penalties two times in a row.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

England has had an Eastern Conference type route so far smh lol
I still think Belgium can pull off another upset, France runs hot and cold